Ottoman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 QM
Occupation
Engineer
The fact that it says 2024.19 and there is no 19.X after it

I wonder how many minor revisions there will be before it trickles down to official version.
Sponsored

madgrey

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2016 Miata, 2015 Viper
Occupation
Hardware Design Verification
"Enhanced turn signal indicators" Yes!!

lefkonj

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A7/Q3 R1S ordered
Clubs

Excited to see these improvements might wait a week after it's available to be sure it's all solid. Not a knock on Rivian just software releases process in general these last few years.

Sponsored

strykerwsu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy SS, Ford Bronco, Ram Rebel, Ford Flex, G8
This update looks great, a lot of goodness.

BUT, no attempts to fix Vampire Drain.

I guess Rivian has thrown in the towel on this? GEN 2 is the answer I guess.
You should have yours checked if still an issue. I have R1T and R1S both with gear guard on. I get less than 1 kwh loss per night now in both.

solaskaze

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X,3, R1T Duo Max
Release notes source: RivianTrackr
2024.19 OTA First reported on RivianTrackr on June 14, 2024

Software Update 2024.19
Live Camera View Added to the Blind Spot Monitoring
Now when you activate a turn signal, the driver display shows a live camera view to the side of the vehicle (in the direction of the turn). This helps you change lanes and turn the vehicle more safely. Blind Spot Monitoring is on by default. To turn it off, go to Settings > Driver+.
So I -- I mean my wife -- has noticed that the proximity lights in the mirrors DONT WORK AT ALL on merge lanes. My wife has also noticed that with near 90% accuracy, drivers in the multi-lane road one is merging onto INTENTIONALLY drive in your blind spot which makes the problem worse. They don't drive forward. They don't fall back. They lurk right in the blind spot. I seriously don't get it, I digress ... anyway: I am really hopeful this gives a better view of those blind spot lurkers.

emoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
You should have yours checked if still an issue. I have R1T and R1S both with gear guard on. I get less than 1 kwh loss per night now in both.
Which is acceptable to some but not to others. Anyone expecting near zero vampire drain is going to be disappointed.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
So I -- I mean my wife -- has noticed that the proximity lights in the mirrors DONT WORK AT ALL on merge lanes. My wife has also noticed that with near 90% accuracy, drivers in the multi-lane road one is merging onto INTENTIONALLY drive in your blind spot which makes the problem worse. They don't drive forward. They don't fall back. They lurk right in the blind spot. I seriously don't get it, I digress ... anyway: I am really hopeful this gives a better view of those blind spot lurkers.
Have you rebooted the infotainment system? I find that resolves a lot of little things like this.

tate16t

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Granite R1S
Occupation
Car Enthusiast
How much is your drain? My R1S is negligible, maybe 1 mile in 2 days, I see it sleeping a lot and have gear guard off at home.

Wassym says if it is more than 1 mile a night you should open a ticket.
I‘m seeing 1% loss per day, approximately 3 miles. Others have reported this as well. Did you have yours serviced?

Sponsored

shap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 45e, R1T
And that is a lot! It is actually 1.35kwh - as you loose 1% per 24 hours.
I do not know any other car that loose so much now. Neither BMW, Ford or Kia

Golfer04

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Finance
Have you rebooted the infotainment system? I find that resolves a lot of little things like this.
And remember the hard reboot does not reset the infotainment. Have to do both if you want vehicle completely reset.

beyondgravity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Release notes source: RivianTrackr
2024.19 OTA First reported on RivianTrackr on June 14, 2024

Software Update 2024.19
New Suspension Software for Better Ride Comfort
We made these enhancements to the vehicle suspension software:

• Fine-tuned damping for all drive modes to provide an improved driving experience.
  • Re-tuned Ride Feel options to offer a broader range of body control settings.
  • Improved software sensing and added automatic adjustment of damping control for varying load conditions. such as when carrying additional passengers, gear, or when towing a trailer.
  • Improved terrain management for a smoother experience on uneven or rough roads.
  • Improved pitch management during acceleration and braking, resulting in a smoother launch off the line and reduced nosedive when decelerating.
Refreshed Visual Interface with 3D Cel Shading
We refreshed the visual interface in the following ways:

• Redesigned our vehicle apps using 3D cel shading powered by Unreal Engine to provide a more dynamic user environment and interactive user experience. All in-vehicle displays and the Rivian mobile app now support this new design philosophy.
  • Redesigned the driver display power bar, gear indicator, and Navigation to provide bolder visualizations to seamlessly work with live camera views.
  • Updated the in-vehicle displays with an all-new, Rivian proprietary Adventure font!
Live Camera View Added to the Blind Spot Monitoring
Now when you activate a turn signal, the driver display shows a live camera view to the side of the vehicle (in the direction of the turn). This helps you change lanes and turn the vehicle more safely. Blind Spot Monitoring is on by default. To turn it off, go to Settings > Driver+.

Climate Control Improvements

Improved, ergonomically placed climate controls now include:

• Vent presets for quick one-tap positioning of the face vents.
  • Direct access to the side mirror heating.
  • Ability to switch between seat heating and seat cooling from the bottom of the center display.
  • Ability to turn steering wheel heating on or off from the domain bar.
Options for Automatic Software Updates
The center display and Rivian mobile app 2.10.0 include options to automatically install updates. When the vehicle notifies you that an update is available, you can schedule it for later or you can schedule all future updates for a specific time. Go to Settings > Vehicle > Updates on the center display to manage the settings.

Improved Google Maps™ Search
We improved the quality of our Google power search results in the Navigation app.

Additional Improvements
  • With the Rivian mobile app version 2.10.0 or later, you can now use a trailer profile that you created in the vehicle center display to plan a towing trip.

• We enhanced the look of the turn signal indicators so they are more visible and easier to notice.
  • Infotainment
    • Fixed an issue that caused the media panel to close after audio was paused.
    • Fixed an issue that caused the live camera view to freeze momentarily when you switched between day and night modes with the Camera app on the center display and the vehicle in Reverse.
  • Climate
    • Improved vent positions to more consistently save and restore them after the vehicle sleeps.
    • Improved performance of climate control in sunny conditions.
    • Fixed an issue that caused the rear window defrost setting to toggle rapidly.
  • Fixed a very rare issue that prevented the charge port door from opening.
  • Fixed an issue that made Vehicle Shipping mode text difficult to see in the title bar of the Vehicle > Service panel.
  • Improved proximity lock and unlock tuning for the iPhone® 15 Pro Max.
This is exciting. I sincerely hope Rivian looks at critically supporting G1, as they shifts their focus to G2. They can say if incremental effort to do the same thing they are doing for G2 is 0.5 then it goes to G1 as well. We are their OG cheerleaders and our kids/grand kids will buy the car based on how much their dad is enjoying his R1S. 😉

strykerwsu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy SS, Ford Bronco, Ram Rebel, Ford Flex, G8
And that is a lot! It is actually 1.35kwh - as you loose 1% per 24 hours.
I do not know any other car that loose so much now. Neither BMW, Ford or Kia
My buddies CT currently loses 10kwh an evening. My mom's Y loses about 2kwh. My mach-e loses about .5 kwh an evening, but I can't got full throttle for more than 5 seconds.

I will take Rivians very improved vampire drain. It was about 5kwh 18 months ago. That was bad.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
I‘m seeing 1% loss per day, approximately 3 miles. Others have reported this as well. Did you have yours serviced?
No, mine has never been bad.

Originally it was around a mile a day but a couple of OTAs addressed some things and it has been a mile or less every 2 days.

I am in SoCal not far from the beach so maybe the favorable year long temps help me.
Sponsored