Sponsored

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
I traveled all the way from Miami to Orlando today to check out the Rivian R2 and was i stunned by what I saw!

I have to say the Staff that came out to Orlando were nothing but class act and super welcoming! Hats off to them!
Sponsored

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

Is it just me or is that flashlight mounting different from what RJ showed at Laguna Beach?

SASSquatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3s Ford C-Max Hybrid
Occupation
Semi-Autonomous Yeti
Clubs

Thanks for the great video and pictures!

R2 looks very sharp. Now we all need to complain to Rivian and make sure they have an option for a power frunk in both directions! This power up but manual down business is incredibly short cited.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Rivdog

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T

R2 looks very sharp. Now we need to make sure to all write to Rivian and make sure they have an option for a power frunk in both directions! This power up but manual down business is incredibly short cited.
So true. Not having power front truck is a miss IMO. I use mine all the time and it’s one of the features that I really, really wouldn’t want to live without again. My Mach E had an all manual frunk and it was annoying to use for a few reasons, mostly because it was manual. But the rest of the R2 looks really sharp and I’d certainly consider it regardless.

ChiefBushWookie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Military
Clubs

Being 2 yrs out, I’m sure it will improve, but that leather doesn’t look like it’s holding up too well. Stains on the back seats and excessive wrinkling/damage from the rear seats folding down. Also has quite a bit of creasing on the driver seat bolster.

Sconces

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M2 Comp/Rivian R1T
Guys we can’t have both…
“Rivian needs to cut cost and turn a profit!”

“But I also want this premium feature that’s not on any of the direct competitors that will drive up BOM and labor cost”

Gen(R3)Xer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Fit

R2 looks very sharp. Now we all need to complain to Rivian and make sure they have an option for a power frunk in both directions! This power up but manual down business is incredibly short cited.
I think it’s a cost cutting measure, like removing the air suspension. They’re trying to balance the overall cost and think logically about usage. Most people would need help opening the trunk if they’re carrying something, but could shut it manually when their hands are free. I’m not saying a closing frunk lid wouldn’t be great. It would just require more hardware that would cost more money to make.

Gen(R3)Xer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Fit
Is it just me or is that flashlight mounting different from what RJ showed at Laguna Beach?
I heard someone say they should have used a 4695 cell for the R2’s flashlight since that’s the cell size they’re using in the new vehicles.

Sponsored

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Unlabeled Goodyear "ecoready" 113 load index tire... Interesting to see a departure from Pirelli, anyone have an idea what this tire is?

Mwwood22

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Engineer
Does the seat position seem to be lower to the floor than the R1?

OP
OP
TigerEyeJazz

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
Does the seat position seem to be lower to the floor than the R1?
It’s hard to say because of the way how this car sits compared to that. If I had to guess it looks lower though. When I checked out the R1S a few weeks ago I did notice it was higher up. This one could be different because of how much lower the SUV sits.
Sponsored