Sponsored

3rd Row Design / Cargo Area Photos?

zipzag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Funny, I've never even considered the R1T as I have no interest in carrying around 54 inches of unused truck bed and the resulting extended wheelbase and overall length.
A pickup bed is really a big and flexible trunk. It's nice to keep some objects out of the cab. Plus it handles long objects better than a SUV.

But my primary reason in the max pack.

The worst part of owning a pickup if you don't live rural is that everyone wants to borrow it.
Sponsored

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
A pickup bed is really a big and flexible trunk. It's nice to keep some objects out of the cab. Plus it handles long objects better than a SUV.

But my primary reason in the max pack.

The worst part of owning a pickup if you don't live rural is that everyone wants to borrow it.
Oh, I completely understand why you might want a pickup. Those factors are just of absolute zero value to me. I was more commenting on how opposite our needs are. My primary cargo needs to be inside the cab and they aren't especially long. But they do shed a lot. I also need to be able to carry this cargo as well as 3-4 human passengers in addition to myself. And one of my frequent passengers has his own furry cargo that that rides in the back with ours.

Fortunately, Rivian has given us options. It is, however, quite unfortunate that they took away the max pack R1S.

Reactions: Jac

PostMinivanDad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' Pacifica PHEV, 23' 3 row Model Y
Crazy that PBAs are being sent out and we still have nothing.

shimps1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S
Clubs

Have they provided ny info about the access to the third row, via the second? I currently have captains chairs in my Yukon, and the 2nd row bench is a big downside to the R1S. I am hoping the middle 3rd of the bench will be removable. Any info?

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
It's a 60/40 bench, so they middle isn't removable. Sounds like it may tilt and slide but can't seem to get a consistent answer on that.

Sponsored

Max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Truck
How are these apparently padded armrests for the third row seats going to hold up when I put dogs (with claws) in the area behind the second row with the third row seats folded? Now that I see this, I’m hoping Rivian or Weathertech or Husky will make a protective cargo mat for the area behind the second row that will also cover the third row armrests. Might get a MIM Variocage SUV crate as an alternative.

Honestly, I’m sorry the 5-seat option was eliminated. This wouldn’t have even been an issue.
CEDB6C4C-697F-4D94-9B47-1D7998740E72.jpeg
I was bummed about 5 seater disappearing too. If parts of suspension or wheel is not interfering, you may be able to remove the armrest. If that is doable, floor space may be slightly more friendly for dos, car campers and plywood.

jffkm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
model 3
I was bummed about 5 seater disappearing too. If parts of suspension or wheel is not interfering, you may be able to remove the armrest. If that is doable, floor space may be slightly more friendly for dos, car campers and plywood.
I think those armrests may be due to the wheel well intrusion into the cabin and not removable. Not sure though.

Reactions: Max

Max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Truck
I think those armrests may be due to the wheel well intrusion into the cabin and not removable. Not sure though.
I think CS told me 5 seater was a few inches wider at the floor so you still may be able to add some space if you can remove it but may still have a bump on the side. Will have to see if Armrest is removable at all. And if the added space is worth the trouble.

PostMinivanDad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' Pacifica PHEV, 23' 3 row Model Y
How quickly and poorly things such as 3rd row access were shown for the R1S in this instagram ‘thing’ just tell me Rivian doesnt get how many questions we still have and that a few are dealbreakers for some of us:

Last edited:

twinprice

First Name
Winston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yukon XL Denali, Tesla Model Y, and LE RS1 - Hopefully!
Clubs

The space behind the 3rd row looks much larger than I remember from earlier photos.
Rivian R1T R1S 3rd Row Design / Cargo Area Photos? 1651177285110

Sponsored

SoCalTravels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hyundai Nexo, Lexus RX450h
The only thing I got from that super quick and unhelpful interior video was that yes the 2nd row does slide…. Looks like it slides right up until it bumps into the a/c controls in front of the seats.

Rivian R1T R1S 3rd Row Design / Cargo Area Photos? 6158F08F-C10B-4F59-A38D-8BA6CB188293

Rivian R1T R1S 3rd Row Design / Cargo Area Photos? 3C68E528-4BAC-4A68-B133-B6F6DF224660

Pedritho

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Toyota Prius 2000 Toyota 4Runner
The space behind the 3rd row looks much larger than I remember from earlier photos.
1651177285110.png
From what I see here, looks like the third row in the photo is actually folded and what you are seeing is the back of the second row. That diagonal line along the left interior side of the vehicle looks like the third row seatbelt.

Jk everyone, I see it now that I saw the video and not the still. :)

Last edited:

SirArpsAlot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Lexus Rx350, Reserved R1S
Clubs

From what I see here, looks like the third row in the photo is actually folded and what you are seeing is the back of the second row. That diagonal line along the left interior side of the vehicle looks like the third row seatbelt.
The third row is actually up... if you replay the video you can see all 3 rows of headrests. I too am pretty surprised at how large the storage area is in the back.

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
1651177285110.png
Depth looks pretty comparable to the early prototype to me.

Rivian R1T R1S 3rd Row Design / Cargo Area Photos? 8XuK8ea

Sdvictor

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
The only thing I got from that super quick and unhelpful interior video was that yes the 2nd row does slide…. Looks like it slides right up until it bumps into the a/c controls in front of the seats.
at the 27 second mark, you can actually see the 40-20-40 seatback split mechanism in the video for a split second.

It slides and the seatback tilts forward.
Sponsored