First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Raptor, Navigator
Occupation
Logistics
Last week I was in Atlanta and rented a Tesla Model Y and was very impressed. I came home thinking it was time to piviot away from Rivian because I had no idea when I would actually get the R1S and I was days away from ordering a Model S PLAID to be delivered in about 30 days when I logged into the rivian site this morning to find that I have the 8-steps open and a VIN assigned!!!!

Over 3.5 years and its finally happening....

Thank you Rivian!! Can't wait for delivery!

3/8 steps done.... waiting till Monday for proof of insurance when my agents office opens.

Rivian R1T R1S 8-STEPS OPEN for R1S Delivery - It's finally happening! 1661097846304
Sponsored

Corewhit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, LEXUS GX460
Occupation
Exec
Congrats! Nice to see a first day preorder holder getting theirs in the first month of production.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Congratulations!

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

Model S is quite different to the R1S. Glad you didnā€™t actually defect to Tesla and will experience a superior built vehicle.

Sponsored

OP
OP
ARMadventures

ARMadventures

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Raptor, Navigator
Occupation
Logistics
Model S is quite different to the R1S. Glad you didnā€™t actually defect to Tesla and will experience a superior built vehicle.
Yes me too! The 0-60 in 1.99 sec is what attracted me to Model S. But Iā€™m confident Iā€™ll be satisfied with the 3.0 0-60 in the R1S šŸ˜Ž

KingTodd

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru
I have been waiting for this kind of email for the R1S. I remember when some dude from the Seattle area posted IT'S FINALLY HAPPENING for his R1T and thought when will this happen for the R1S.

And here you are

SASSquatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3s Ford C-Max Hybrid
Occupation
Semi-Autonomous Yeti
Clubs

Congrats! The Model Y and the R1S are night and day different vehicles and I think you will have a lot more utility, and hopefully joy in the R1S.

Too many of us get lured into the 0-60 mph time of a vehicle. I think that it is a brilliant marketing move by OEMs because it gets you to focus on that one element which will likely factor in a tiny fraction of your day to day experience vs the 100 other things that makes a vehicle practical, comfortable, and a joy to drive.

Keep us posted and can't wait to see your pictures!

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

Yes me too! The 0-60 in 1.99 sec is what attracted me to Model S. But Iā€™m confident Iā€™ll be satisfied with the 3.0 0-60 in the R1S šŸ˜Ž
Well from testing Teslas claims are dubious. Tested is about 2.1 and the range is significantly less than quoted. People are too fixated on zero to sixty.

MilliM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Polestar 2
Great news! How does this line up relative to your most recent delivery estimate (when they provided them a few months back)?

Sponsored

OP
OP
ARMadventures

ARMadventures

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Raptor, Navigator
Occupation
Logistics
Great news! How does this line up relative to your most recent delivery estimate (when they provided them a few months back)?
I had an April - May timeline, with a guide assigned in April. Changed to Oct-Dec when they announced the latest delivery estimates, and 8-steps were open for me today.
(Also in my signature)

zipzag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
A five second car is very fast. Most people thinking that a 2.1 second car is better than a four second car have never owned a really fast car. Most people who buy fast EVs don't drive fast. Also, a five second EV is faster in the real world than a five second gasser.

OP
OP
ARMadventures

ARMadventures

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Raptor, Navigator
Occupation
Logistics
A five second car is very fast. Most people thinking that a 2.1 second car is better than a four second car have never owned a really fast car. Most people who buy fast EVs don't drive fast. Also, a five second EV is faster in the real world than a five second gasser.
I agree with you! Iā€™ve had plenty fast gasserā€™s, but fast electric is a whole different experience that Iā€™m looking forward to having as a daily driver. (On the rare chance I want to ā€œshoot the gapā€¦ safelyā€)

MilliM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Polestar 2
I totally agree with you. The accelerationin our Polestar 2 and the Lightning is excessively fast even if itā€™s nowhere near the 2 or 3 second mark.

The novelty of punching it wears off in a matter of days. Iā€™ll still accelerate quickly at lights from time to time, but nothing like flooring it.

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

I had an April - May timeline, with a guide assigned in April. Changed to Oct-Dec when they announced the latest delivery estimates, and 8-steps were open for me today.
(Also in my signature)

There is hope for earlier delivery than Oct to December especially since I have the same specs. EDITED. Congrats!!
Sponsored

Last edited: