Sponsored

WolfpackFX4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Going to be next to imposible to find 22 inch tire that lasts more than 10-15k miles too, so really expensive if you stick with OEM pirelli's...

I also think 22s and good (high MPK) tires can't coexist...if you are in it for the aesthetic factor, then you prob. don't want the boring/bland high MPK look (see Michelin Defender, General Grabber HTS60, Pirelli AS+3 as examples that perform well but looks aren't their thing)....
If I had 22s and didn't want to get rid of them, I'd pick one of the following due to lower $ and only 43#/39#.
CONTINENTAL TERRAINCONTACT A/T - $311
MICHELIN X-ICE SNOW SUV -$323 (SNOW)
Much appreciated here
Sponsored

LL75

First Name
lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Rivian R1T R1S Affordable high efficiency 20" wheels and 33" tires options (275/60R20) drivingR
8 Drives
Total Miles Driven45.06
Rated Miles Used45.98
Efficiency98 %
Time Driven1
Hours
Minutes
kWh Used16.69 kWh

All purpose driving. By far the best efficiency since I got the general grabbers HTS60. As the weather is warming up to around 80 degree, and with around 2K miles on the tires, I see the efficiency slowly creeping up as well.

aznkukuboi

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
need new tires soonish. I am currently on the 21 wheels and am considering a switch to 20s for the other tire replacement options.
What are thoughts on these wheels (probably with Michelin tires)? Will Rivian re-calibrate for me since they are not Rivian-approved wheels? Anything else I should consider? ty
275/60/20 is "basically" the same without needing to get Rivian to recalibrate (or whatever the term is to swap the readout for wheel size change. I think it's 0.3% difference, which is negligible in real world.

TheIglu

First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
IT
With my stock 21's, I'm seeing 2.53mi/kWh on the trip meter over a 2500 mile dataset.

Can I expect that level of efficiency with these 20" options? Such as the General Grabber HTS60?

LL75

First Name
lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
With my stock 21's, I'm seeing 2.53mi/kWh on the trip meter over a 2500 mile dataset.

Can I expect that level of efficiency with these 20" options? Such as the General Grabber HTS60?
Yes. I'm currently getting about the same efficiency with the general grabbers HTS60 compared to my 21". The grabbers is very sticky at first so the first 500 miles or so is lower than that.

Sponsored

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

drivingR.png
8 Drives
Total Miles Driven45.06
Rated Miles Used45.98
Efficiency98 %
Time Driven1
Hours
Minutes
kWh Used16.69 kWh

All purpose driving. By far the best efficiency since I got the general grabbers HTS60. As the weather is warming up to around 80 degree, and with around 2K miles on the tires, I see the efficiency slowly creeping up as well.
I got about the same with my Pirelli AS+3 on Ram 2363 wheels. I really gotta do the efficiency comparison on these wheels compared to stock 20" wheels... Too many other projects!

LL75

First Name
lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
I got about the same with my Pirelli AS+3 on Ram 2363 wheels. I really gotta do the efficiency comparison on these wheels compared to stock 20" wheels... Too many other projects!
I think the Pirelli has a better rolling resistance than the general grabbers HTS. The grabber is lighter in weight.

Condor

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Rivian R1S
Thoughts on these tires compared to the new Yokohama Geolandar CV 4S?
I think I’ve narrowed my choices down to the General and the Yokohama but I’m having trouble deciding…
I like that the Yoko has the proper ratings, will probably last longer and will likely handle snow/ice better. But I like that the General is wider and lighter…
I want better efficiency than the stock ATs but more importantly I want the best ride and handling experience.
I appreciate any advice, thanks

OP
OP
ksurfier

ksurfier

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1SQM, Tesla
Occupation
Fake Science Lead
Clubs

Thoughts on these tires compared to the new Yokohama Geolandar CV 4S?
I think I’ve narrowed my choices down to the General and the Yokohama but I’m having trouble deciding…
I like that the Yoko has the proper ratings, will probably last longer and will likely handle snow/ice better. But I like that the General is wider and lighter…
I want better efficiency than the stock ATs but more importantly I want the best ride and handling experience.
I appreciate any advice, thanks
three-four factors to consider:
- Tread depth 10/32 for HTS60 vs 13/32 for CV4S
- UTQG - Slightly better for CV4S
- Snow rating - only CV4S
- looks - CV4S wins there

I went with the CV4S based on the first two factors, specially UTQG, but I do believe the HTS60 is slightly more efficient…
Sounds like you’d be well suited with the CV4S, unless efficiency is your #1 target…

Pacblue22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Starting to look as well...does the Yokohama come in the appropriate size?

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/yokohama-geolandar-cv-4s

I was kind of defaulting to Michelin LTX M/S2 just because of popularity/name....so not really super metric based...

three-four factors to consider:
- Tread depth 10/32 for HTS60 vs 13/32 for CV4S
- UTQG - Slightly better for CV4S
- Snow rating - only CV4S
- looks - CV4S wins there

I went with the CV4S based on the first two factors, specially UTQG, but I do believe the HTS60 is slightly more efficient…
Sounds like you’d be well suited with the CV4S, unless efficiency is your #1 target…

Sponsored

OP
OP
ksurfier

ksurfier

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1SQM, Tesla
Occupation
Fake Science Lead
Clubs

Try simpletire.com, that’s where I got them, not sure why they don’t show up tire rack…

LL75

First Name
lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
I have about 3500 miles on the general grabber now and yesterday has been the best efficiency by far. This month of may is averaging around 2.65 kwh. All purpose mode driving

Rivian R1T R1S Affordable high efficiency 20" wheels and 33" tires options (275/60R20) drivingR
6 Drives
Total Miles Driven52.08
Rated Miles Used50.33
Efficiency103.47 %
Time Driven1
Hours
Minutes
kWh Used18.27 kWh
Wh/Mile351 Wh
Battery16.09%
Cost$ 2.28
Average Temp87.34 F

SSteveEV

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, etc
Clubs

Has anyone with the General Grabber HTS60 found the tread pattern to toss you side to side a bit on longitudinal grooved concrete highways?
I'm happy overall except for highway cruising which was a large part of why I switched to these. (cruising at 70-80mph)

HyperionMark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T and Model Y (previously a 3 and X)
Has anyone with the General Grabber HTS60 found the tread pattern to toss you side to side a bit on longitudinal grooved concrete highways?
I'm happy overall except for highway cruising which was a large part of why I switched to these. (cruising at 70-80mph)
Highly grooved highways like that will throw around quite a few tread patterns regardless of vehicle or weight. I would only worry about that unless you drive many miles of them every single day.

SSteveEV

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, etc
Clubs

Highly grooved highways like that will throw around quite a few tread patterns regardless of vehicle or weight. I would only worry about that unless you drive many miles of them every single day.
a little over a 100 mile round trip commute for me these days but thankfully its not all on that route. Last night I got tossed around in Canada too. Its not terrible but it is a downside.

Upside is I got 3.0mi/kWh on a very flat highway in low conserve, yay!
Sponsored