Sponsored

Anyone else get stuck in Park yesterday?

cohall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
When I went out to my truck in the garage yesterday afternoon, I could not get the vehicle to go into drive or reverse. I also got a few warnings (TPMS failure, etc.). The truck basically acted like there was no key, but I tried both the fob and my phone...no luck. 1 soft and 2 hard resets had no impact. However, a sleep cycle fixed it after a couple of hours.

Anyway, figured it was just a gremlin on my truck, but there are at least 5 or 6 other people over on Reddit that shared their truck had the exact same issue yesterday. Very strange.

Figured I'd see if anyone else here ran into this problem recently.

A few of the posts from Reddit:
Extremely similar experience with not going in drive or reverse and warning lights. It was resolved with 30 min sleep cycle for us. Had to get the keys away from it for that length of time. This was with the guidance of Rivian tech support.
I had this exact same condition yesterday, and I had it happen on Jan 2nd ever since the 2022.47.0 update this started.

You try to place the vehicle in drive/reverse or neutral and it won't do it, if you try and adjust the HVAC it's all off and can't be turned on.

Only way to resolve it is to keep all keys far away from the vehicle and wait 30-45 minutes then come back and try the truck again.
I had the same exact conditions, I can tell you that I've gone so far as to disable the app completely in my phones disabled Bluetooth and hid all keys in a faraday box... It won't start working until you play hide and seek for 30+ minutes then return to the vehicle and try again..
Exactly the same thing happened for me yesterday. It’s the only issue I’ve ever had with the truck. Hard reset was unsuccessful. I had to take all keys and walk away for 30 min. Once I came back, it was all good.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Very strange indeed. I must have missed that thread. But my truck has never done that either.

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

My truck seemed a little drowsy yesterday (main display was very sluggish, maps had a lot of latency issues). I did a soft reset last night before going to bed and it was fine this morning.

AdamsFan1983

First Name
Silence Dogood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE in GW
Occupation
Public Relations
When I went out to my truck in the garage yesterday afternoon, I could not get the vehicle to go into drive or reverse. I also got a few warnings (TPMS failure, etc.). The truck basically acted like there was no key, but I tried both the fob and my phone...no luck. 1 soft and 2 hard resets had no impact. However, a sleep cycle fixed it after a couple of hours.

Anyway, figured it was just a gremlin on my truck, but there are at least 5 or 6 other people over on Reddit that shared their truck had the exact same issue yesterday. Very strange.

Maybe the new app messing with paak? I guess it doesn’t explain the Tpms though.

Sponsored

Voronbrg

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Everything
mine did same today. and after leaving and coming back my 12v system died.

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Your bell must've fallen off Tuesday đź””

Rblue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Just happened to our truck, running 2022.47.0. No TPMS, or other errors. We don't have PaaK enabled. Pedestrian warning noise happens when the brake is depressed, UI render of the Truck's Brake lights comes on, and when trying to shift into D or R an alert pops up telling me to "press the brake to shift out of Park."

Hard reset, same result

Rivian Support said to turn Bluetooth off, yadda yadda, and I did. Then the truck's bluetooth became active while I was on the phone with the guide and I had to turn Bluetooth off again?!

Curiosity I saw while I was on the phone with the guide, I was poking through the menus and saw lane assist, rear traffic, and collision detection were all disabled. That's not how we have the truck configured, so I tried turning those settings back on.... which the truck then disabled a second later.

Will report back this evening after trying the sleep dance

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

Just happened to our truck, running 2022.47.0. No TPMS, or other errors. We don't have PaaK enabled. Pedestrian warning noise happens when the brake is depressed, UI render of the Truck's Brake lights comes on, and when trying to shift into D or R an alert pops up telling me to "press the brake to shift out of Park."

Hard reset, same result

Rivian Support said to turn Bluetooth off, yadda yadda, and I did. Then the truck's bluetooth became active while I was on the phone with the guide and I had to turn Bluetooth off again?!

Curiosity I saw while I was on the phone with the guide, I was poking through the menus and saw lane assist, rear traffic, and collision detection were all disabled. That's not how we have the truck configured, so I tried turning those settings back on.... which the truck then disabled a second later.

Were you on the phone long enough with support that someone from the tech team was already digging through the trucks settings to determine a cause? Perhaps a reason for settings altering?

Rblue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Were you on the phone long enough with support that someone from the tech team was already digging through the trucks settings to determine a cause? Perhaps a reason for settings altering?
I was on the phone with support for about 10-15 minutes and he was working with a tech. It is possible they were also toggling settings, but, I find it unlikely (see below). When my truck was in that stuck state, it wasn't sending any information to support. After the sleep cycle they were getting data from my truck again, settings, battery charge, errors etc. Another detail, when the truck was stuck It said "Park" where it normally says "Ready"

The sleep cycle worked, all drive modes are accessible (and function), and no errors are present. Support said this is an issue there with some trucks on 2022.47.0.

Interesting: That sleep cycle was less than 30 minutes; since I posted my previous update after I got off the phone with support and locked the truck after turning everything off

Sponsored

jollyroger

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model 3, R1T
Occupation
IT Manager
Issue communicating with home base? That's kinda scary though

Gdorff

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Audi RS5
Occupation
Business owner / CIO

Yup, I can confirm this has happened to me twice so far after the 2022.47.0 update, over contacted Rivian support and they instructed to stay 30-50' away don't access the app and wait 30 minutes for the condition to clear.

I have been talking with WassymRivian on Reddit and they pulled my logs off the truck the other day and found some issues but haven't provided details yet.

Gdorff

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Audi RS5
Occupation
Business owner / CIO

Hard reset, same result

Yeah another condition we experienced is the climate controls are set to " off " during this condition and you cannot turn them on . Just flash off and back on again.

Gdorff

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Audi RS5
Occupation
Business owner / CIO

Lol I'm also one of those posts on Reddit

Gdorff

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Audi RS5
Occupation
Business owner / CIO
Here was some videos I posted to Instagram the other day when it happened for the second time to me.

Third video shows that playing hide and seek with the truck for 30 minutes brings it back to a drivable state..

Sponsored