Sponsored

Anyway to get a new guide or better communication?

OP
OP

RVXIAN

First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Sales
Do you have a lender you chose to go with?
Most banks will mail a check directly to rivian in CA. No need to upload a copy of the check or tracking info.
Yea I have my lender working with Rivian now. They are working to figure out a process that works for each other. One won’t send funds until they get title. The other won’t send title or release car with out a form of funds. Logistics that need to be solved. Nonetheless, Rivian SC asked if I wanted to move up the delivery date to this Friday 8/26. Not sure if I’d be able to until the financial aspect is set. Might bite the bullet and finance through Rivian. I think their rates are in the mid 5%. I was able to secure 3.9%. Refi rates current aren’t the best either. I guess patience is key 😂. Thanks to all the advice. It all happened so quick I wasn’t fully prepared for it. I was expecting a fall timeline.
Sponsored

Heimat

First Name
Tad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
pipefitter, rental property
Good Luck. I never actually talked to my Guide.
Grabbed a R1T off of the Shop and got nothing from him. Asked for delivery info, got nothing. Got thru 8 steps without him.
I asked Customer Service for a new Guide and got crickets.
It seems I am on some sort of black-list for responses.
Wow, sorry to hear your guide experience has been horrible. I've had contact with my guide through text, email, and phone conversation even on her day off. And just had a new guide assigned after she got a promotion.
How is it some have such a bad experience and others don't.
All my interactions with Rivian have been absolutely positive.
I feel for those that have had bad/limited responses from Rivian. hope their communication gets better in the future

dduffey

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Tesla M3, Tesla MY
All my interactions with Rivian have been absolutely positive.
I've had the same experience and probably the same guides :)

My guide was not only responsive but moreso than me. They both also proactively reached out when the guide transition was made, which honestly I am not sure I need a guide anymore vs. customer support.

I do think that as Rivian grows it will be hard to maintain that level of personal service.

BrentInCO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla S, Toyota FJ, R1S Quad Large Pack Feb 2023
Yea I have my lender working with Rivian now. They are working to figure out a process that works for each other. One won’t send funds until they get title. The other won’t send title or release car with out a form of funds. Logistics that need to be solved. Nonetheless, Rivian SC asked if I wanted to move up the delivery date to this Friday 8/26. Not sure if I’d be able to until the financial aspect is set. Might bite the bullet and finance through Rivian. I think their rates are in the mid 5%. I was able to secure 3.9%. Refi rates current aren’t the best either. I guess patience is key 😂. Thanks to all the advice. It all happened so quick I wasn’t fully prepared for it. I was expecting a fall timeline.
Go with Rivian’s financing first, and then refi into Parson’s FCU at 2.49% for up to 84 months

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
Sorry to hear about your poor guide experience. So far, I have nothing but good things to say about my guide Hilary. She's been really informative even though I don't even have a VIN and my 8 steps are still locked. Whenever I send her a message it's gotten back to me within an hour or less. I don't blow up her phone though and I haven't had any major issues yet.
Sponsored