Sponsored

At last! R1S Ocean Coast with VEGAN dash!

Mygrain

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 IONIQ 5, '23 R1S quad, many Deeres
Occupation
grain farmer, ex-Honda factory engineer
Clubs

In my shop this morning, I found 3 R1S's with Ocean Coast and Vegan Leather Accents (aka, vegan dash or full Ocean Coast). This option was announced via email on October 14, 2022 (see 2nd photo below) and has been in the configurator ever since. Production was "planned to begin in early 2023," so this is happening right on schedule (for Rivian).
Rivian R1T R1S At last!  R1S Ocean Coast with VEGAN dash! Screenshot 2023-10-22 080407

Rivian R1T R1S At last!  R1S Ocean Coast with VEGAN dash! Vegan email
Sponsored

LevelHeaded

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM
Occupation
Financial Technology
Clubs

vehicle really should have at least some premium feel interior touch points and the wood
I mean, the wood is tissue-paper-thin. And they don’t put it on the back of the front seats anymore

240vPlug

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ElectrifiedOutdoors.com
Vehicles
23 R1T (Limestone), 23 R1S (El Cap)
Clubs

I'd love to see in person. This was our choice (black mountain) but to avoid delaying delivery we switched back to dark ash wood.

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
To each their own but personally I think this ruins the interior and will really lower resale value.

moosetags

First Name
SuEllyn & Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T; 2020 Chevy Duramax; 1956 Ford Tbird
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

For the benefit of those that have not been chasing Rivians for a long time, this vegan dash thing is nothing more that the original dash configuration in the Explore Package. The Explore Package was sans the wood trim, the chilewich floor mats, the Meridian sound system, the camp speaker, the color matching outside rear view mirrors, the cooled seats, and the powered tonneau cover. The Explore Package was priced at $5,000 less than the Adventure Package. The original Explore Package included the manual tonneau cover.

Rivian has been chipping away at the Adventure Package until it has become the the Explore Package which Rivian probably would have been smarter to produce at the outset.

Brian
Sponsored