Sponsored

superfly_snook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Glacier White
My Jan ‘22 quad R1S (white on black) just moved from Q2 ‘24 to Sept-Oct ‘23 so excited to hopefully take delivery soon. FWIW I did the test drive a few weeks ago and indicated I was ready to go.
Sponsored

shamoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911 GT3, Tesla Model S LR
Occupation
Cybersecurity
I got moved earlier from April/June 2024 to December/January 2024.

I've always had access to the R1 shop for many months. Never many R1S in blue, and none in my spec. I checked yesterday and they had my exact spec in the R1 shop. Selected it. Now it is ~1-6 weeks. So we'll see!!

gordonrands

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Prius Plug-in hybrid, 1997 Dodge Dakota
Occupation
university professor
Clubs

4/19 reservation, Max pack. Switched to Dual motor Max when the Quad Max was discontinued, changed color from Canyon Red to White to stay under the $80K tax credit threshold (have the reinforced underbody shield, although I'm not sure if I need it -- might drop and switch back to Canyon Red).

Just got bumped back from August-September '23 to Nov-Dec. '23. Email said it was due to changes in their build plans -- presumably prioritiizing the R1S.

I actually don't mind that much as I also have early reservations on the Silverado EV and the Cybertruck. I'd just as soon make a decision once those are both available, all specs are published and I know what my projected delivery windows would be on those. I need to be able to haul wood, go light offroading for camping and tow, but only a small trailer than sleeps two. Still tryiing to figure out the best combination of efficiency, functionality and price, which is hard to do until all the information and some user reviews are out. Until then my Prius Prime and '97 Dakota will meet my needs.

MrMusAddict

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Data Analyst
I'm in denial. No email as of 6:35pm CDT. No change to my account ... still says "Configuration confirmed" and "Processing estimate."

I did get a nice email from my guide this morning informing me that she was leaving Rivian -- tomorrow is her last day. My account page still lists her as my guide.

If I weren't reading online forums, I would not suspect that anything has changed. Here's what my account page shows for my build:

Config 082423 fullBM.jpg
Man me too... Still in the denial phase, lol. I stumbled on this thread today, and I wouldn't have even known. I'm a March 2022 pre-order (and I've configured my vehicle), and I've gotten delivery windows every time. Really hope they've just done this in batches, and I'll get an update next week.

PaulPlacerCounty

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X5 and Subaru Outback
Occupation
Retired Attorney
Good news for me. I moved up to Sept-Oct!
Mine had been sometime in 2024, which I took to mean that Rivian hadn't a clue.
Then it moved up to January June 2024.
Then to April June 2024.
And today, to February March 2024.
Would have like sooner, but don't we all? This window will work. And who knows whether the next update in October might bring it even a bit closer.

Sponsored

hiker816

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Forester XT (Reservation for Rivian R1S)
Occupation
Attorney
March 2019 Launch Edition R1S for me--configuration confirmed long ago. My account has said "processing estimate" for months-no updated delivery estimate for me yet. I had shop access for the last few months, but lost it earlier this week. How many (non-MAX-pack) LE reservations are still out there unfulfilled? And how many still have no delivery estimate?

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

Was it the video with RJ walking through the design room? I recall there were color palettes on the wall behind him. Is that what you’re referring to or a different video? If different can you give a link?
i think thats the same one.

SteveAZee

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y, Toyota Tundra Limited
Clubs

My R1S was brought in from 2nd quarter 2024 to December/January.

Yossarian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Telluride, Wee-Strom, Lynskey Cooper
March 2019 Launch Edition R1S for me--configuration confirmed long ago. My account has said "processing estimate" for months-no updated delivery estimate for me yet. I had shop access for the last few months, but lost it earlier this week. How many (non-MAX-pack) LE reservations are still out there unfulfilled? And how many still have no delivery estimate?
Similar case here for my May 2020 reservation.

I've had a guide assigned for over two years and have also had Shop access for a very long time, though it has not been continuous over the entire period. I suspect that your Shop access will be restored; mine always was though it usually took a while.

At this point, I would actually prefer delivery next year, though I wonder if Rivian will still be making the LE I have configured, and worry that they will drop Canyon Red as a color choice as they did recently for Compass Yellow. I also worry that the 20" Brite Wheels I want won't be available. Just have to wait and see.

Sponsored

Beer Traveler

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Subaru Forester
Occupation
Self employed
April 2022 R1S order. Original delivery estimate was April - June 2024. New estimate is Dec. 2023 - Jan. 2024. We live in southeastern Washington state, 4 plus hours from the nearest service center.

greatdane1588

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E, Model 3, CX-9
I changed my R1S config to add the underbody shield and XPEL, and changed to the 20" offroad wheels (instead of the 22") and I went from a "H1 2024" delivery to being told I could get it in 6 weeks :cool: I was a Nov 2021 reservation btw.

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Shelby GT350R & 2016 Ford Fusion Hybrid
Occupation
Medical Devices
Have had store access a while. The range was important for me. I kept going back and forth as the quad has the motors and performance but the range. I get it. I chose to wait for range but Al based on what Rivian kept saying. Hang in there, your a long time res holder it’s coming. They just kept kicking the can. While I can get a truck sooner, it’s not what I reserved a long ass time ago. I also find it hard to trust the firm at this point. Hard to spend this money when the communication has been as is. Remember when there was the uproar on pricing changes. The community was largely in unison on bad communication and changes to promises.

the only difference now is some have gotten the trucks and others have not. The issue is the same but funny how opinions change on principles when you got what you want.
This hits it on the nose. I’ve needed the max pack for not only use-case (towing) but as a sort of “compromise” for S/O who is far from sold on BEVs. I’ve hung in based on promises made, and in fairness not always kept, but delivery in 23 vs 24 means the difference in the prior tax credit for me and with it my practical side starts kicking in. Long time to wait to not take delivery, but the treatment of our group of orders has been horrendous - if not from a business ops perspective, definitely from a customer relationship perspective.

Everyone can speculate how they will on Max pack margin per truck for something we have seen zero details on, but the future value-loss of that customer NOT becoming a Rivian owner is maybe more damaging.

At this point just seeing if our October window refreshes and an end of the year manufacturing push does anything to pull these Q1 24 dates forward to Q4 23. Then I remember it’s almost September and we haven’t seen a thing on a max pack and I can’t help but laugh thinking that after all that waiting, I may end up with a traditional OEM replacement after all…

E_Monkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
This hits it on the nose. I’ve needed the max pack for not only use-case (towing) but as a sort of “compromise” for S/O who is far from sold on BEVs. I’ve hung in based on promises made, and in fairness not always kept, but delivery in 23 vs 24 means the difference in the prior tax credit for me and with it my practical side starts kicking in. Long time to wait to not take delivery, but the treatment of our group of orders has been horrendous - if not from a business ops perspective, definitely from a customer relationship perspective.

Everyone can speculate how they will on Max pack margin per truck for something we have seen zero details on, but the future value-loss of that customer NOT becoming a Rivian owner is maybe more damaging.

At this point just seeing if our October window refreshes and an end of the year manufacturing push does anything to pull these Q1 24 dates forward to Q4 23. Then I remember it’s almost September and we haven’t seen a thing on a max pack and I can’t help but laugh thinking that after all that waiting, I may end up with a traditional OEM replacement after all…
One more thought, there has been ZERO word on EPA range tests for the Max Pack. Almost seems like it may not even have been submitted. That takes time and a 4Q delivery was likely ruled out months ago. The other possibility is they submitted and results were disappointing so they withdrew? Not sure if that is possible. All this is either they want to screw R1T rez holders for the benefit of R1S or they have some big issues on max pack.

if you watch Out of Spec reviews on YouTube, he has shown some thermal throttling on DC recharge for the current battery configuration. Possible with more battery cells it’s worse and the thermal mgmt is tapped out. All just my speculation. Worse charging rate on a bigger battery would not be favorable for Rivian’s rep.

Mygrain

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 IONIQ 5, '23 R1S quad, many Deeres
Occupation
grain farmer, ex-Honda factory engineer
Clubs

How many (non-MAX-pack) LE reservations are still out there unfulfilled? And how many still have no delivery estimate?
Hi, Chris. Belated welcome to Rivian Forums! Wow, you're in the running for the "longest lurker" award -- almost 3 years without posting! As my signature shows, I'm part of a small (elite!) group that still believes Rivian will fill the preorders for Adventure Package with "full" vegan leather interior (vegan leather in place of wood trim). Many of us had delivery windows prior to last week, but I suspect that we're all looking at "Processing estimate" now. Full vegan leather interior was never an option for Launch Editions, so I'm not directly addressing your primary question.

I still have shop access ... can't speak for others in my group.
Sponsored

Last edited: