Clubs

How did the R1S on 22s do?

shrink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S (x2); '22 R1T; '14 Jeep Cherokee
Clubs

Nice! Sorry I missed this, but I stayed in Phoenix for a World Series watch party.

I did this trail a few months ago (7/2023) in my R1T on 20" brights. I posted a thread with a bunch of pics back then. I'm surprised the trail wasn't too crowded this time of year with pink Jeeps. It's a bit narrow in some areas and hard to pass, but it looks like things went very well!

In the last pic, I remember slipping right in that spot where the white R1T is. That part is way steeper than it looks. I'm guessing someone found a good line? Anyone else slip there?

Looking forward to meeting the group at a future event! Glad it all went well!

OP
OP
AZ Rivntur

AZ Rivntur

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S LE FG/FE
Clubs

Nice! Sorry I missed this, but I stayed in Phoenix for a World Series watch party.

I did this trail a few months ago (7/2023) in my R1T on 20" brights. I posted a thread with a bunch of pics back then. I'm surprised the trail wasn't too crowded this time of year with pink Jeeps. It's a bit narrow in some areas and hard to pass, but it looks like things went very well!

In the last pic, I remember slipping right in that spot where the white R1T is. That part is way steeper than it looks. I'm guessing someone found a good line? Anyone else slip there?

Looking forward to meeting the group at a future event! Glad it all went well!
There is a little slide for everyone. We had good guides on the hill! It was a little busy out there, especially with the 10 of us

Sponsored

NDIrish

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Engineering Operations Manager
Clubs

Had a great time with our first AZ Rivian group outing. Made new friends and increased the love of my Rivian! Amazed at what it can do!

IMG_4927.JPG

IMG_7721.jpg

IMG_7746.jpg

IMG_7748.jpg

dji_fly_20231028_110056_357_1698525432530_photo_optimized.jpg

20231028_113204.jpg

20231028_122424.jpg
YIKES! How did I miss this? Been on that trail a few times always love it

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

This is my favorite trail if I didn't live in chicago now I would have already gone there in the R1T to do the trail. Did anyone attempt to go up the stairs?
Rivian R1T R1S AZ Rivians take over Sedona and Broken Arrow Trail IMG_1042

OP
OP
AZ Rivntur

AZ Rivntur

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S LE FG/FE
Clubs

This is my favorite trail if I didn't live in chicago now I would have already gone there in the R1T to do the trail. Did anyone attempt to go up the stairs?
IMG_1042.jpg
Just down for all of us. the trail was pretty busy

Nine_One_Six_R1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Clubs

Did anyone attempt ascending the 3rd picture? I got stuck in a similar obstacle going up but with looser terrrain. This was a while ago in an R1S so not sure if the software updates have made this ascend more manageable.

Maybe this one is doable for a Rivian with the right spotting to prevent having too many wheels in the air.

Sponsored

sizotty

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
R1T, MYP
Occupation
@theoverlandstory
I was that guy in the blue R1T that showed up when you all were on your way out. Pretty funny getting into the trail to see so many Rivians out there!

Made a video of my trip, there's a few shots of this Rivian crew on Broken Arrow!

Last edited:
OP
OP
AZ Rivntur

AZ Rivntur

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S LE FG/FE
Clubs

I was that guy in the blue R1T that showed up when you all were on your way out. Pretty funny getting into the trail to see so many Rivians out there!
was good to see you out there, hope the rest of the ride went well

Desiboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Plaid, LR4 ‘11, R1S
Clubs

Did anyone attempt ascending the 3rd picture? I got stuck in a similar obstacle going up but with looser terrrain. This was a while ago in an R1S so not sure if the software updates have made this ascend more manageable.

Maybe this one is doable for a Rivian with the right spotting to prevent having too many wheels in the air.
I have done that (the staircase) down hill in my RIvian and LR4, the LR4 has also done the uphill section on the Left just after mushroom rock without issue. The RIvian struggled and I gave up on it. The LR4 has a rear locker that helped a lot, and the spinning tires of the Rivian in the same location were a little disconcerting, also the RIvian tended to skid sideways whilst going down the devil's staircase, something the LR4 has not done ever (done it several times in it).

Nine_One_Six_R1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Clubs

I have done that (the staircase) down hill in my RIvian and LR4, the LR4 has also done the uphill section on the Left just after mushroom rock without issue. The RIvian struggled and I gave up on it. The LR4 has a rear locker that helped a lot, and the spinning tires of the Rivian in the same location were a little disconcerting, also the RIvian tended to skid sideways whilst going down the devil's staircase, something the LR4 has not done ever (done it several times in it).
Did you turn off Hold on braking for your Descend? My guess is that the Hold was Braking/Locking the tires and skidding

Desiboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Plaid, LR4 ‘11, R1S
Clubs

Did you turn off Hold on braking for your Descend? My guess is that the Hold was Braking/Locking the tires and skidding
I believe in the appropriate terrain selector it automatically turns off the Hold/brake which I would have used for this, I do not recall a 100% at this time but I know I feathered the accelerator for a moment to straighten it out
Sponsored