Sponsored

LL75

First Name
lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
That an old video with a previous software version. I am on current software and the little menu item that looks like a truck is no longer there.
Did you find a fix? My car wash also disappeared after the latest update. Reboot the car and also reboot the infotainment with no helps

OP
OP
NoGoingBack

NoGoingBack

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, R1T
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

The latest update moved it to the new access menu on the top left near your name. Look for the little truck icon up there and then look in there you should find it there

LL75

First Name
lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
The latest update moved it to the new access menu on the top left near your name. Look for the little truck icon up there and then look in there you should find it there
Thank you

sfvR1S

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S Quad Adventure 2022 Chevy Bolt EUV
Occupation
CRE
Clubs

I had mobile car washers come out a couple days ago. After they finished, tried to park it back in the garage, but the door handles wouldn't pop out. I thought it was locked so I tried locking and unlocking, but nothing happened. Turns out, the car wash mode was activated. Kind of impressed they knew about it and also were able to switch it on.

Sponsored

SRO

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
retired
The mode is designed for automated car washes, not hand washing. It times out by design.
It never used to time out. It seems dangerous for the charge door to open while water is present. I think Iā€™ll check with Rivian.

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
It never used to time out. It seems dangerous for the charge door to open while water is present. I think Iā€™ll check with Rivian.
The timeout is there so people who don't understand the how the door handles work in car wash mode don't "lock" themselves out.

SRO

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
retired
The timeout is there so people who don't understand the how the door handles work in car wash mode don't "lock" themselves out.
Not sure about that. How do they pick the time lapse to turn it off. You might think you are locked out after a few minutes. If you are correct I donā€™t like it. Iā€™ve got an email to Rivian. Iā€™ll let you know what they say.

Martyr

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model S Rivian R1T
Occupation
Retired
I found it in the new vehicle access popup - but you have to swipe to reveal the car wash option. Pretty obscure now!

SRO

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
retired
Not sure about that. How do they pick the time lapse to turn it off. You might think you are locked out after a few minutes. If you are correct I donā€™t like it. Iā€™ve got an email to Rivian. Iā€™ll let you know what they say.
I checked with Rivian and they said there is no timed out feature. Besides when you hit car wash a note pops up which tells you how to open it manually with the handles.

Sponsored

SSteveEV

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, etc
Clubs

I found it in the new vehicle access popup - but you have to swipe to reveal the car wash option. Pretty obscure now!
Went through this for the first time in an auto wash yesterday. Put it in neutral and rushed to find the mode before I hit any serious suds. šŸ˜…

KidThunder

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Entertainment
Clubs

I got the same issue - if it happens again, you can access car wash mode through the new shortcuts window they added as well

Sponsored