First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021+ Tesla MS Plaid, R1T Adventure
Occupation
Retired
@EVSportline Many thanks for shipping my order and receiving it yesterday. One of my best Christmas presents ever!

Installation was easy except the R1S fuse box is the most inaccessible one of any vehicle I've ever owned. Neither I nor my wife could reach the required fuse but thankfully my teenage daughter is home for Christmas and reached it no problem.

As far as the install, we decided to run the cable all the way across the top of the dash and down the left side which IMHO is the better way to go.

The only setup issue I haven't figured out yet is how to turn it off automatically after I lock the truck unless it will just timeout when the truck goes to sleep.

Regardless, I LOVE IT and would have easily paid double the price for it.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all!

Rivian R1T R1S CarPlay & Android Auto Smart Dash Screen has arrived!  New from EVSportline.com IMG_0186
Sponsored

pangpang77

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Hyundai Ioniq 5, 2023 Chevy Bolt EUV Premier
Occupation
Systems Exec

SunDevil2213

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Construction Cost Consultant
@EV Sportline When can the rest of us expect shipping notifications? Are you again waiting for more freight? Or was it just you only got out what you could this past weekend?

Last edited:

WattTruckMatt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Would love to know more about shipping timeframes as well.
Ordered November 27th, surprised it didn't make it in time for Christmas.

OP
OP
EV Sportline

EV Sportline

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
evsportline.com
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, R2 res, Tesla S, 3, X, Y, Cybertruck
Occupation
Upgrading Electric Vehicles
Clubs

Okay, for those that asked about power consumption, I got my meter and tested today...have a look here:

Sponsored

SunDevil2213

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Construction Cost Consultant
Okay, for those that asked about power consumption, I got my meter and tested today...have a look here:
We asked for more transparency around shipping. I think maybe 3 people got their units. What is the update on shipping? None of the rest of this matters except to the 3 people that got one.

OP
OP
EV Sportline

EV Sportline

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
evsportline.com
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, R2 res, Tesla S, 3, X, Y, Cybertruck
Occupation
Upgrading Electric Vehicles
Clubs

We asked for more transparency around shipping. I think maybe 3 people got their units. What is the update on shipping? None of the rest of this matters except to the 3 people that got one.
Okay, yes, our crew is back tomorrow and a bunch are shipping out of our LA facility!

Gang, we have 2 warehouses and parts that shipped last week all shipped out of our Atlanta facility. Oh, we've shipped a lot more than 3 - ha ha, not everyone comes and posts here!

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
Thank you!

Power draw is less than 5 watts at 5 volts.. excellent!

Steve A.

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Audi Q7, Ford Expedition, Porsche Cayenne
Occupation
self-employed code-slinger
Clubs

Okay, yes, our crew is back tomorrow and a bunch are shipping out of our LA facility!

Gang, we have 2 warehouses and parts that shipped last week all shipped out of our Atlanta facility. Oh, we've shipped a lot more than 3 - ha ha, not everyone comes and posts here!
Ha! I was wondering why east coast deliveries seemed to be first.

@EVSportline one other benefit you may want to also mention is the ability to send and receive texts via AA/CP voice to text/text to audio too, which is another major deficiency of the Rivian infotainment system until RJ reinvents that wheel too.

Sponsored

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021+ Tesla MS Plaid, R1T Adventure
Occupation
Retired
Ha! I was wondering why east coast deliveries seemed to be first.

@EVSportline one other benefit you may want to also mention is the ability to send and receive texts via AA/CP voice to text/text to audio too, which is another major deficiency of the Rivian infotainment system until RJ reinvents that wheel too.
That’s on of the top benefits, for me, of the display!

Steve A.

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Audi Q7, Ford Expedition, Porsche Cayenne
Occupation
self-employed code-slinger
Clubs

That’s on of the top benefits, for me, of the display!
I'm a Rivian fanboi as much as the next, but unfortunately, certain Rivian apologists really don't get the major benefits of AA/CP and especially those w/o professional software engineering experience really don't get what major waste of time and effort it is to reinvent the wheel EVERY time they add another app/feature that's already included w/ AA/CP; no need to wait for RJ to deliver Sirius/XM, since it's already included. ;-)

brancky3

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 CY R1T, 21 MachE GT
Occupation
IT
I'm a Rivian fanboi as much as the next, but unfortunately, certain Rivian apologists really don't get the major benefits of AA/CP and especially those w/o professional software engineering experience really don't get what major waste of time and effort it is to reinvent the wheel EVERY time they add another app/feature that's already included w/ AA/CP; no need to wait for RJ to deliver Sirius/XM, since it's already included. ;-)
Being a Rivian fanboy has nothing to do with AA/CP. Personally, I love AA/CP. When I am choosing a rental car (for example) it's a no-go for me if it's not included. But.... My wife's Mach E has it and it's pretty awful looking on a big screen. Like, comically bad as if it's designed for a 5 year old. It's almost hard to use and since it's so spread out nothing is a quick tap. I'm not denying the functionality as it's basically everything you'd ever want, but it's also pretty cumbersome to go back to the car's native menus to change a setting (eg audio settings, etc). If Rivian does decide to adopt it, I hope it's a 1/3 screen implementation honestly.
Sponsored