First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Granite R1S
Occupation
Cyber Security
That’s fine. Except you used your interpretation to crap on their product announcement. So count yourself in that group with me:CWL:
Oh no, that wasn’t my intention for sure. I was just providing my feedback.

Sorry if I offended anyone, most importantly EV Sportsline.
Sponsored

computertom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Bronco Raptor, '80 911 SC
Rivian Nation, we've been working on this one for a while! Finally launched today just in time for Black Friday!

1 - plug and play (DIY install), no cutting or splicing or permanent mods!
2 - no tape or scewing mount to dash; patent pending design locks into factory dash!
3 - does not use any USB-C or cig lighter ports! plugs directly into fuse panel above driver feet / under dash
4 - full CarPlay (wireless) connection, run Waze, Google Maps, etc - and play music through Rivian audio

https://evsportline.com/products/apple-carplay-smart-dash-screen-for-rivian-r1t-r1s

dash.jpg
To the EVSportline crew - thanks for working so hard to build a business here and trying to find the white space to serve our market. We appreciate you.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
I’m not a CarPlay fan, but this seems like a great option for those who want it. Rivian seems pretty adamant about their desire to keep all infotainment in house. Eventually someone will probably figure out how to use the main screen, but who knows when that will happen…

NineElectrics

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
BTW, are you sure your spec is Bluetooth 4.0 and not Bluetooth 5.0?

Sponsored

PaulPlacerCounty

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X5 and Subaru Outback
Occupation
Retired Attorney
Rivian Nation, we've been working on this one for a while! Finally launched today just in time for Black Friday!

1 - plug and play (DIY install), no cutting or splicing or permanent mods!
2 - no tape or scewing mount to dash; patent pending design locks into factory dash!
3 - does not use any USB-C or cig lighter ports! plugs directly into fuse panel above driver feet / under dash
4 - full CarPlay (wireless) connection, run Waze, Google Maps, etc - and play music through Rivian audio

https://evsportline.com/products/apple-carplay-smart-dash-screen-for-rivian-r1t-r1s

dash.jpg
I expect this would void your warranty for any claim related to electrical . . . on an Electric Vehicle.

madgrey

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2016 Miata, 2015 Viper
Occupation
Hardware Design Verification
I expect this would void your warranty for any claim related to electrical . . . on an Electric Vehicle.
Install seems to be reversible, so I probably would not be too concerned.

This seems like a good option for the CarPlay fans out there. From the pictures, the screen looks to be in the same style as the other OE screens in view, which is a good thing.

FooF

First Name
FooF
Threads
Reaction score
Website
foof.me
Vehicles
2022 R1S Launch Green
Occupation
DJ
Clubs

Install seems to be reversible, so I probably would not be too concerned.

This seems like a good option for the CarPlay fans out there. From the pictures, the screen looks to be in the same style as the other OE screens in view, which is a good thing.
It looks like the supplied power adapter that hooks into the fuse box outputs usb-c. So I am guessing you could just hook to onboard usb-c to power the device.

Tim-in-CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
🌲🌲R1S, Lucid Air, T-Bird
Looking forward to user reviews once this becomes available

OP
OP
EV Sportline

EV Sportline

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
evsportline.com
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, R2 res, Tesla S, 3, X, Y, Cybertruck
Occupation
Upgrading Electric Vehicles
Clubs

Install looks pretty clean and great job making it not permanent! I’ve noticed all the screenshots show the main screen on the camping page; I’m curious what everyone will show on theirs once this is installed. Maps? Gauges?
We opted for it to be carplay or android auto only. So for carplay, all carplay map opions work: Waze, Google Maps, Apple Maps...

Sponsored

shrink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S (x2); '22 R1T; '14 Jeep Cherokee
Clubs

1) Are these in stock and ready to ship? If not, when will these start shipping?

2) How does the audio work? Phone connects via Bluetooth to your display for wireless CarPlay/AA, then the display connects to the Rivian, also via Bluetooth or is there FM transmitting to the Rivian? Just trying to get a sense of ease of starting up this setup upon vehicle entry.

OP
OP
EV Sportline

EV Sportline

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
evsportline.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Clubs

It looks like the supplied power adapter that hooks into the fuse box outputs usb-c. So I am guessing you could just hook to onboard usb-c to power the device.
correct, you could use your own USB-C power cord, from the underdash cig lighter (if you have one) or center console, if desired. Ours plugs into the fuse panel, clean and simple.

OP
OP
EV Sportline

EV Sportline

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
evsportline.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Clubs

1) Are these in stock and ready to ship? If not, when will these start shipping?

2) How does the audio work? Phone connects via Bluetooth to your display for wireless CarPlay/AA, then the display connects to the Rivian, also via Bluetooth or is there FM transmitting to the Rivian? Just trying to get a sense of ease of starting up this setup upon vehicle entry.
Shipping in Dec -

2 - audio connects via bluetooth (carplay) directly to the Rivian (audio plays through the factory Rivian audio). Yes it has an FM transmitter as well, if desired, but I'd recommend carplay for the best audio.

OP
OP
EV Sportline

EV Sportline

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
evsportline.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Clubs

Should not be the case. Federal law protects consumers from over zealous OEMs trying to void warranty. This unit has 1 wire that plugs into the fuse panel. The fuse panel is where power is tapped for the vehicle USB ports. This is a safe install. And if you dont want to use that, run a USB-C cable of your own, directly to the USB-C in the center console. If you have any issues from a warranty denial perspective, reach out and we're happy to get involved and help.

Read about your warranty rights here https://evsportline.com/blogs/news/will-installing-aftermarket-parts-void-my-ev-warranty