Andystroh

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Nice to see some positive reviews of heat pumps in Colorado. We're currently getting quotes (our current furnace is almost as old as I am, and our air conditioner isn't far off), but will probably hold off on the install until this new bill is finalized, and I can dig a bit more into the IRA rebates to see what we will qualify for. Definitely not cheap, but (just like EVs) these incentives bring the heat pump into a similar price point as a furnace, at least for our home.

For others investigating, Save Home Heat is very aware of heat pump options, and will only try to sway you towards them, not away. They were valuable to speak with since they had a lot of knowledge. We have a quote from them, but I have a referral from my brother-in-law that we are getting later this week to compare.
Sponsored

Aardvark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Model 3
Nice to see some positive reviews of heat pumps in Colorado. We're currently getting quotes (our current furnace is almost as old as I am, and our air conditioner isn't far off), but will probably hold off on the install until this new bill is finalized, and I can dig a bit more into the IRA rebates to see what we will qualify for. Definitely not cheap, but (just like EVs) these incentives bring the heat pump into a similar price point as a furnace, at least for our home.

For others investigating, Save Home Heat is very aware of heat pump options, and will only try to sway you towards them, not away. They were valuable to speak with since they had a lot of knowledge. We have a quote from them, but I have a referral from my brother-in-law that we are getting later this week to compare.
Don't forget that if electrifying your HVAC requires an electric service upgrade, the IRA offers incentives for that also.

BigginsCH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T | El Cap Grey | 20" AT
Has anybody found a good source of example EV compatible road trip suggestions from the Denver area?

I could start piecing ideas together using ABRP or otherwise, but thought it would be neat if there was a resource out there for known EV friendly road trip routes.

I imagine something like:
1. Enter starting city.
2. Select number of days you would like to travel.
3. Select max number of travel hours per day.

And then it provides some suggested routes with known charging stops. If ABRP or Plugshare are reading this, feel free to steal this idea.

Or:
1. Enter starting city.
2. Select range (or pull from vehicle type selection)
3. Tool gives you map of available cities with charging infrastructure within range.
4. Choose location to stop, then it gives you another selection of cities within range. (Like an isochrone map).
5. Repeat

Or just a selection of road trip routes submitted by users, maybe a forum topic I missed, perhaps with the ability to filter for desired cities included (or nearby).

Last edited:

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
2 Limestones at Eldora chargers this past weekend, finished my day and had another owner parked right next to me! His was OC 21s compared to my FE 22s - I love the Rivian community that comes with this purchase, its a really cool part of ownership!

PS the chargers (30 of them) are free, but slow. I added 11.5 kWh in 4 hours, 45 mins of charging. Better than nothing and the front parking spots are CLUTCH!

Rivian R1T R1S Colorado Checking In 1425ADD0-2899-4193-89CA-D973AC8CB50E

Rivian R1T R1S Colorado Checking In C022E070-84E2-4AF6-8965-05DB33122E92

Dasundevil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Navigator
Hello,

I just received my emai for the 8 steps in the R1S. I was planning to pay cash, but am now thinking maybe I should get a loan. Does anyone have a good credit Union or bank they have used recently in Colorado?

Sponsored

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Hello,

I just received my emai for the 8 steps in the R1S. I was planning to pay cash, but am now thinking maybe I should get a loan. Does anyone have a good credit Union or bank they have used recently in Colorado?
Seems like everything is over 5% at the moment. I'm just kinda hoping I either pay it off quickly or rates come down at some point and I'll refinance.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Has anybody found a good source of example EV compatible road trip suggestions from the Denver area?

I could start piecing ideas together using ABRP or otherwise, but thought it would be neat if there was a resource out there for known EV friendly road trip routes.

1. Enter starting city.

And then it provides some suggested routes with known charging stops. If ABRP or Plugshare are reading this, feel free to steal this idea.

Or:
1. Enter starting city.
2. Select range (or pull from vehicle type selection)
3. Tool gives you map of available cities with charging infrastructure within range.
4. Choose location to stop, then it gives you another selection of cities within range. (Like an isochrone map).
5. Repeat

Or just a selection of road trip routes submitted by users, maybe a forum topic I missed, perhaps with the ability to filter for desired cities included (or nearby).
ABRP is the only tool I'm aware of that specifically caters to EV owners but it obviously doesn't provide all that you are looking for. Google Maps can function as a decent trip planner, but like all the others you end up doing most of the work. I agree that would be a very nice resource to have...

Andystroh

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

1. Enter starting city.

If you find a road trip you want to go on, I bet you can do it in the Rivian. There may be some exceptions in the far east and NW parts of the state, but those are less visited anyway.

Check out electrified scenic byways here to start:
https://oedit.colorado.gov/electric-byways-tourism-toolkit

freshpow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Hello,

In the same boat as I just received my guide and VIN. DCU advertises 5.5% online, which is the best I can find so far. Best auto loan rates In Denver, Colorado (datatrac.net) Planning to follow up on a few of these this week to see if they're legit. Will keep you posted with what I find...please do the same!

freshpow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
In the same boat as I just received my guide and VIN. DCU advertises 5.5% online, which is the best I can find so far. Best auto loan rates In Denver, Colorado (datatrac.net) Planning to follow up on a few of these this week to see if they're legit. Will keep you posted with what I find...please do the same!
Not local, but PenFed has 5.04% for 60 months and was painless to apply/get pre-approved online. I'll probably go this route unless I hear of something better but I doubt it's out there.

Sponsored

BrentInCO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla S, Toyota FJ, R1S Quad Large Pack Feb 2023

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

It’s time! May 2019 reservation, R1S
7D93D6F3-AAD2-458F-BC41-C90777E7FF05.jpeg
Keith,
Did you get it or did you have a delay? Don’t make me come over there and start stalking.. 😜

CUBldr97

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TESLA MS85 RIVIAN reservation holder
Keith,
Did you get it or did you have a delay? Don’t make me come over there and start stalking.. 😜
Getting it tomorrow . Thursday.

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

zefram47