Sponsored

CONCERN: RIVN have enough cash to to go beyond 2025 and launch R2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gr8Barn

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 Tesla Model X ‘22 Rivian R1T 1991 Defender 110
  • Banned
It is a bit concerning when RJ stuttered and deflected when asked if they will have enough capital/cash to launch the R2 platform and continue to deliver beyond 2025. Postive gross margin is one thing, but cash flow is another. Watch video at 3:50 and then the question asked again at 5:09.

https://cnb.cx/4bZVk6H
Sponsored

tosehee

First Name
Se Hee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

If the demand slows down, then probably not. I guess they plan for the best case scenarios.

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S PDM MP, 2019 Jaguar I-Pace HSE
Concern: I am concerned that you are concerned about Rivian being concerned about sales/demand and responding appropriately to this concern with layoffs and cost saving measures, especially when every other automaker has the same concern.

OP
OP
Gr8Barn

Gr8Barn

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
  • Banned
Concern: I am concerned that you are concerned about Rivian being concerned about sales/demand and responding appropriately to this concern with layoffs and cost saving measures, especially when every other automaker has the same concern.
You should be concerned, or maybe not and you can keep your head in the sand and complain when you can't reach anyone for service or the value of your vehicle drops like a rock.

Sponsored

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S PDM MP, 2019 Jaguar I-Pace HSE
You should be concerned, or maybe not and you can keep your head in the sand and complain when you can't reach anyone for service or the value of your vehicle drops like a rock.
What's the point of being CONCERNED? Just enjoy the truck or sell it.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

The CEO of a publicly traded company should avoid answering questions they don't have an answer to. Even saying he can't answer that is an answer. I am not concerned about the deflection.

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Rivian R1T R1S CONCERN: RIVN have enough cash to to go beyond 2025 and launch R2? 1000008743

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Sponsored

OP
OP
Gr8Barn

Gr8Barn

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian announced the issuance of convertible debt last year (Oct 5, 2023) when the stock was double where it is today ($23 vs. $11.50). The stock tanked and since then, they have burned through almost all of what they issued. You cannot keep issuing debt and halving your stock price AND continue to produce vehicles (at scale) and provide service to the ones you have already sold and not be concerned about the future of the company. As a RIVN fan/owner, I want them to wildly succeed, but laying off 10% of corporate staff isn't going to solve the lacking demand problem for all EV's and the punitive higher interest rates (which their corporate debt is a victim of and now nearing junk levels). They need to incentivize buyers will great offers. They need to deliver on all the early reservation holders ASAP as they have the inventory, they just don't want to lower their average sale price per vehicle. Confidence in RJ is lacking.

Vonmec

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rt1 quad mtr large pack canyon red
Occupation
Motorcycle and boat dealer
It is a bit concerning when RJ stuttered and deflected when asked if they will have enough capital/cash to launch the R2 platform and continue to deliver beyond 2025. Postive gross margin is one thing, but cash flow is another. Watch video at 3:50 and then the question asked again at 5:09.

https://cnb.cx/4bZVk6H
I would say the larger question is can any specialty car manufacturer survive on relatively low volume? Rivian is domestic do they need to be selling around the world and how can you do that without a global manufacturing footprint. I have had 5 teslas (S, 3P, YP, 2Xs) and one Fisker and an RT1 quad w large pack and by far the RT1 is my favorite. I have a founders edition Cybertruck coming and I am really excited to compare with RT1 - I'll be shocked if I like the Cyber as much as the RT1. But no they don't have enough cash to shut down production in the 2nd quarter, and build a new plant in Georgia, and continue investing in research and development. Zero hope for Fisker and Lucid unless someone merges all three together to make a Tesla competitor - call it United EV of America! one note to ponder: Tesla gets about 10,000,000 miles of driving data per day from the cars they have built and are on the road - who can duplicate that??? Who can catch up to that??? Elon needs to be kind and buy these guys. Again I love the RT1 w 835 hp and 347 mile cruising range.

Cycliste

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T/20AT/2DNU, BMC TMR01/SRAM AXS/454 NSW
Occupation
Amateur aero weenie
Clubs

What's the point of being CONCERNED? Just enjoy the truck or sell it.
I'm more concerned about the drive to the start of the Club bike ride, and back home. Some drivers weave through traffic like it is GTA.
The ride itself has the risk of a fall and a hip fracture. Four guys in our small club have had their hips pinned.

Status
Not open for further replies.