DCE sliders installed

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2015 4Runner, 1975 FJ55 Land Cruiser
Self driveway install about 3 hours with shitt tools

20230603_183535.jpg
Thanks for the follow up - much appreciated.

I haven't ordered yet - but I still think these are the best of all I have seen and will probably order soon.

Reactions: DCE

ADVNOW

First Name
Dom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Wrangler JK, JL 4XE
Occupation
Manufacturing
Clubs

Can they be used as a jack point on the inner most section instead of using the puck and hole.

skunn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian Blue R1T, Tesla Model 3
Can they be used as a jack point on the inner most section instead of using the puck and hole.
yes, have been using the inner rail rather than jack points to do my tire rotations. no issues

WaitingonmyR1T

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1/2019 Preorder on MP R1T, Model S Plaid, Tacoma
Clubs

Sponsored

adv4evr

First Name
Solomon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Rivian R1T LE, 21 Model Y
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

I just installed a set last week. Really like them so far. Install was pretty easy / straight forward. Definitely strong / beefy sliders. Good connections to the frame. Wife / kids approved! (Improved ease of ingress / egress for shorter folks) Like the grommet idea to keep crud out.

Reactions: DCE

UnsungZero_OldTimeAdMan

First Name
Barnum
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 GW Quad-Large R1T "Ghost"
Occupation
Advertising Circus
They look awesome with the black R1T!
I just want everyone to know that my recent DCE customer experience was excellent. Ordered a set of powdercoated textured sill protectors. One was delivered with no adhesive tape. Your staff responded right away and sent tape (which I was ready to buy on my own, just needed to know which to buy).

Will very likely go with these sliders once I recover from shock of paying for a $84k truck. :D

skunn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian Blue R1T, Tesla Model 3
Have been out and about on some trails this past month, and have been really happy with the DCE sliders.

Hit and slid on some granite rocks, and they've done just fine doing exactly what they needed to so to protect the truck. Some scratches and scuffs which I'll be touching up with some spray-on bedliner.

Also, took a decent hit on the reinforced underbody protection panel, barely a scratch.

So happy with this truck!

Rivian R1T R1S DCE sliders installed IMG_2101

Last edited:

mike813

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S GW/OC/20 | 2020 Tesla Model Y
Clubs

Rivian R1T R1S DCE sliders installed IMG_6086
Has anyone here put these DCE sliders on an R1S? Any thoughts and photos? Saw the youtubes, just wondering if any of our users have installed on R1S and how they’re doing. My R1S is ready for sliders. thanks

tomatohead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hyundai Ioniq 5, R1S (VIN assigned)
Occupation
Retired
Good topic. Also decided on running boards vs rock sliders because I hope the ladder frame of the R1S can withstand any hits in that area as it should(?) or am I naive to think the frame of the truck is strong enough. I have the underbody shield to protect the battery and am fine with less clearance in offroad mode. My offroading is mainly on forest roads and to find a good dispersed campsite. Thoughts?

Sponsored

WaitingonmyR1T

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Good topic. Also decided on running boards vs rock sliders because I hope the ladder frame of the R1S can withstand any hits in that area as it should(?) or am I naive to think the frame of the truck is strong enough. I have the underbody shield to protect the battery and am fine with less clearance in offroad mode. My offroading is mainly on forest roads and to find a good dispersed campsite. Thoughts?
If you think you are going to hit your running board on anything you shouldn’t be getting a running board because it isn’t designed for that. The intent of a slider is to protect the rocker panels just as much as sliding across a rock. A typical running board is only designed to hold the weight of a passenger getting in versus a slider holding the weight of the vehicle and the passengers.

tomatohead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hyundai Ioniq 5, R1S (VIN assigned)
Occupation
Retired
But the protection to the frame shouldn't matter in that area as the R1S has the ladder frame above the running boards

WaitingonmyR1T

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

But the protection to the frame shouldn't matter in that area as the R1S has the ladder frame above the running boards
Yes, but the running board can move into the lower body panels since it isn’t designed to do anything but stand on when getting in. The attachment point of the running boards isn’t the problem, it’s the strength of the running board.

SeattleSteve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Tesla Model Y, Nissan LEAF
The frame of the R1T can take punishment. While off-roading, I've destroyed just about every single piece of plastic that is bottom-facing, but have no more than a mark on the frame left by the smashed plastic.
Rivian R1T R1S DCE sliders installed 1000002426

Rivian R1T R1S DCE sliders installed 1000002428
Sponsored