Demo Purchase OR 23 Lease Special?

Morrow_19

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Ram 3500HD
Seems like both options are good deals right now. Curious if anyone is having a hard time deciding between the 2 options.

Im in SoCal and have to deal with 9.5% in sales taxes so that is to be considered in the purchase as an upfront cost and Down + monthly on the lease.

What are you guys seeing as a better deal right now. The Demo vehicle would be $94k if you are building one new and a similar build lease would be $765 per month before tax with the min $6k down.

My plan was to either buy the Demo outright OR put $30k (Down, initial month lease, dmv etc) on the lease and deploy the rest of the capital to earn some interest somewhere.

My only concern with the purchase outright is the fact this will be my first EV. Im 99% Ill love it but If I dont I would have to deal with the used market on the Demo option and the future resale is unknown. Lots of new EV trucks hitting the market in a couple years (Silverado, Ram REV etc). I wonder how these will impact the Rivian demand.

36mos spend on the Lease would be around $40k total. Im guessing residual would be around 61% or so.

The risky part of the demo is not getting to see the vehicle, you put the deposit down, arrange delivery and can reject it at that time if you see something major that you are concerned with. These are also likely driven a bit hard since they are demo drives and or loaners but they do come with full warranty (years starts with my taking title and miles is from day 1)
Sponsored

willk66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5, Ford Maverick
Occupation
retired
I would get one of the Demos but unfortunately it says they can not be registered in Nevada. I am also considering lease. I wish they would give a breakdown of least costs including residual. I would probably put 17,000-20,000 miles per year so residual is important to me.

OP
OP

Morrow_19

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Ram 3500HD
I would get one of the Demos but unfortunately it says they can not be registered in Nevada. I am also considering lease. I wish they would give a breakdown of least costs including residual. I would probably put 17,000-20,000 miles per year so residual is important to me.
Rivian Sales told me they can not give me a Residual until they have the $1000 deposit and the lease application. The residual and money factor is really important in the decision making. Im leaning toward the Demo for overall pricing and to not fear the annual mileage. Just get in and enjoy.

Bummer on NV for the Demo.

thuel

First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3, Nissan Leaf
I'm in the process of purchasing a Demo now in Washington with 10.5% sales tax (very painful!). My total after taxes and fees is $76,238, so $72,488 after the tax credit. If the lease depreciation is $40k, the demo truck would need to be worth $32k or so after 3 years.

It's anyone speculation what the value would be, but using the Model X as an indicator of depreciation it seems like the 5 year old demo would probably be worth about $40k.

biker1284

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang
I'm in the process of purchasing a Demo now in Washington with 10.5% sales tax (very painful!). My total after taxes and fees is $76,238, so $72,488 after the tax credit. If the lease depreciation is $40k, the demo truck would need to be worth $32k or so after 3 years.

It's anyone speculation what the value would be, but using the Model X as an indicator of depreciation it seems like the 5 year old demo would probably be worth about $40k.
Was delivery fee included in the price listed on the demo page?

Sponsored

Riviann

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Rivian Sales told me they can not give me a Residual until they have the $1000 deposit and the lease application. The residual and money factor is really important in the decision making. Im leaning toward the Demo for overall pricing and to not fear the annual mileage. Just get in and enjoy.

Bummer on NV for the Demo.
I posted this info in another thread:

Lease Details

EvAdventure13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I think if going for quad motor demo makes sense. I have no need for quad motor or large battery for me the comparison was a demo quad vs a lease on dual motor standard pack. The lease was cheaper but If you are comparing buying a demo for 70k vs leasing a 94k build then the demo will likely be much cheaper
Sponsored