Dents/Scratches on Delivery plus failed PDR

f1racer328

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T - Land Rover LR4
Occupation
Tube Driver
Just picked up my R1T Saturday and right after I met the employee working he said he had to show me something before I signed. Sigh...

Small chip on the drivers door. Said they would address it at a later date and said they had notes on it. We also noticed a small dent on the rear fender and that was also noted. I took photos/videos at the service center before I left.

I submitted a service request for these issues later when I got home. From what I've read, Rivian shouldn't give me any problems getting these issues fixed. I'm pretty meticulous about my vehicles, and also noticed a lot of random scuffs and scratches. Nothing major, so I will polish these out myself instead of trusting anyone else to do it... Not a huge deal. The dent however does bother me.

Today I was looking around at the dent on the fender and noticed a hole in my wheel well liner. Someone drilled a hole straight through the wheel well liner, and also tagged part of the inside of the metal fender itself... Why wouldn't they just you know, remove the wheel well liner???

Then through that hole you can see another smaller hole leading straight towards the dent they failed to fully remove. I then noticed the plastic trim is also damaged and the marks line up with the dent in the fender... The dent also was chipped at some point, as some touch up paint was poorly applied.

I just don't even know what to expect... I'm not too worried about getting the chip in the door fixed, some paint and wet sanding will probably resolve that... but the dent on the fender is a different story... someone clearly already attempted PDR on it, and failed massively, and left more internal and external damage.

At this point I probably should have rejected the delivery, but I'm not sure what to do now... I leased it, so the 7 day return policy isn't going to help me. All I want is a properly fixed vehicle. All other things such as panel gaps and the interior look great...... it just looks like multiple people were careless with this.
Sponsored

Lansorep

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Investor
Clubs

Actually, I have my R1T in now for scuff and scratch polishing as I type. I had a lot of scratches on the driver’s door sill.
Rivian R1T R1S Dents/Scratches on Delivery plus failed PDR IMG_1989

virgnia_rivian

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mazda Miata
Put in tickets for everything you find. Rivian will address the issues. It's frustrating, but they will fix it.

Lansorep

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Investor
Clubs

I’ll let you know how it goes.
Rivian R1T R1S Dents/Scratches on Delivery plus failed PDR IMG_1983

Sponsored

EnjoyTheRide_79

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Nissan Xterra
Clubs

I picked up my R1T 3 weeks ago (MN service center) had a dent that was found at delivery along with minor squeaks and trim alignment and they took care of it all. Hope they treat you as well as I was treated. Good luck.

Syed

First Name
Syed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Picked R1S on 22nd March, there were two chips and a dent.

I scheduled the appoinent for after a month intentionally to cover everything that comes my way in a month of using.

Kept adding pictures as I started to find different things to my orginal ticket and kept adding tickets for non body related issues.

Car is with CS right now and they are working on it without any problem and questions.

It is frustrating but it is kind of getting a 30 days trial, keep looking for problems and get it all fixed at once.

Hope this helps.

Riptide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Frontier
Occupation
Fire & Rescue
Clubs

I picked up my R1T 3 weeks ago (MN service center) had a dent that was found at delivery along with minor squeaks and trim alignment and they took care of it all. Hope they treat you as well as I was treated. Good luck.
I don’t know why they let these trucks arrive at the service center flawed, then try to pass them off to the consumer. They should inspect and correct BEFORE scheduling your delivery appointment.

The current process is an intentional attempt pass off known flaws in the hopes the consumer does not take notice. Very poor business practice and far too frequently brought up in this forum.

Last edited:
OP
OP

f1racer328

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T - Land Rover LR4
Occupation
Tube Driver
Here is the dent and the respective 3/4” hole.

Rivian called me today and said the video I uploaded was very helpful, and the guy on the phone with me was shocked that some PDR guy drilled a hole like this.

They said they are going to take care of everything. Sounds like it’s going to a collision shop. Guy on the phone was very helpful.
Rivian R1T R1S Dents/Scratches on Delivery plus failed PDR IMG_8333

Rivian R1T R1S Dents/Scratches on Delivery plus failed PDR IMG_8340
Sponsored