Sponsored

Dont get too happy just yet, Tesla SCs are designed for Teslas.

SASSquatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3s Ford C-Max Hybrid
Occupation
Semi-Autonomous Yeti
Clubs

šŸæ
Sponsored

SASSquatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Semi-Autonomous Yeti
Clubs

Iā€˜m personally planning to Teslagate Ā©. You can get angry at me for taking up two stalls but are you going to stay mad when I hand you a perfectly grilled bratwurst and a cold Yuengling?

I think notā€¦.

Last edited:

VSG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE/RB/OC/20
EA stations are designed in such a way that even if you park in the wrong space, you are not blocking access to the unused cabinet in the space where you wrongly parked. So, even if everyone parks wrongly, all the cabinets can still be used.
LOL. Not being able to use all the cabinets is one of the fundamental characteristics of EA stations. Take my closest one for example; 4 parking spaces and 6 chargers. There will always be 2 unused chargers (33% of the total) even in the BEST CASE. Only 3 of those parking spaces can be used by a Rivian, and all of those 3 can be blocked by someone using the "wrong" charger for that parking space. At CCS chargers we all politely work this out the best we can. Maybe Tesla drivers could learn a lesson from us CCS peasants.

Iā€™m not sayIng there wonā€™t be jerks parking in the wrong place on purpose. It will be similar to ICE trucks parking in Tesla Supercharging places. They will be dealt with one way or another. There is always a key one can use to leave a message on the door for those who intentionally break the established rules.
Wow. Just wow. You're threatening violence and property damage if Rivian drivers dare to use "your" superchargers?

I CAN'T park in the "right" space with my R1T - there is only one way for me to park and charge. So you're saying if I try to do that then by your definition I'm parking in the "wrong" place "on purpose" and deserve what I get from an angry mob of Tesla drivers?

You're saying that Rivian drivers are offending you by just existing and trying to charge?

Get help - you're part of the problem here.

Reminds me of country club members revolting against the admission of minorities and the retaliation against those new members for violating the "etiquette" that has been in place for so long.

Maybe Elon should actually ban Rivians with this kind of Rivian owners attitude. There have been 10 years worth of charging etiquette and rules at the Tesla superchargers. Here come the truck goons who couldnā€™t care less about the etiquette or the rules.
So wait, Rivian pays Tesla for the "privilege" of using the superchargers, but if we try to use them the only way we can - by parking in a space where the cord will reach - then WE have an "attitude"? As in "those uppity Rivian folks who don't know their place"?

Let's be clear: Tesla is selling access to the superchargers. We have just a much a right to use them as Tesla drivers. The only "etiquette" here is that we all need to be flexible to reasonably accommodate everyone else who is trying to use the chargers at the same time. And your position is that no, you're not going to try to get along.

Charging my vehicle is not violating etiquette. No one, no one at all, is talking about deliberately preventing a Tesla from using one of the chargers. We don't do that at CCS chargers, why would we start at superchargers? All of your arguments seem focused on keeping the riff-raff away from your precious exclusive club.

When the superchargers open up, your private club will no longer be exclusive, and your exclusive rules will no longer be valid.

ohseedee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
No, one ICE truck blocks one charging space. One Rivian would be blocking two. So, Rivian owners who are ready to break the etiquette at the Tesla Superchargers BEFORE they are even given access are actually TWICE as bad as ICE drivers that park in Tesla supercharging stalls.
Blocking two? Worst case wouldnā€™t it be blocking one and legitimately using the other?

CrazyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura TL MT SH-AWD, CBR 600RR ABS, R1T
Tesla owners, you own the car, not the super chargers. That is owned by Tesla, the company and Musk. He made a deal, almost certainly for money. Deal with it. If they don't lengthen the cables, direct your anger towards Space Karen. Don't become criminals, you are it the only ones with cameras.

Sponsored

brancky3

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 CY R1T, 21 MachE GT
Occupation
IT
There. Is. No. Etiquette. Yet.

Jesus, maybe Rivian should ban salty Tesla cult members from buying a Rivian.

OldGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Grand Cherokee 4xe
Clubs

Boy the rhetoric is sure heating up...starting to get out of hand. Think I'll wander over to the motorcycle forum and post on the 'what oil should I use' :) Who's with me on the Synthetic vs Dino issue?

brancky3

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 CY R1T, 21 MachE GT
Occupation
IT
Boy the rhetoric is sure heating up...starting to get out of hand. Think I'll wander over to the motorcycle forum and post on the 'what oil should I use' :) Who's with me on the Synthetic vs Dino issue?
Oh boy, might as well ask how much gear you should wear too :p

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
No, one ICE truck blocks one charging space. One Rivian would be blocking two. So, Rivian owners who are ready to break the etiquette at the Tesla Superchargers BEFORE they are even given access are actually TWICE as bad as ICE drivers that park in Tesla supercharging stalls.
Now youā€™re doubling down on stupid ā€” I donā€™t think you are stupid, but youā€™re talking stupid on this issue. Think through what you said and report back on why youā€™re convinced that a Rivian, which would be USING A SUPERCHARGER FOR ITS INTENDED PURPOSE, would be worse than an ICE that wants to PREVENT people from using the charger?

SASSquatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Semi-Autonomous Yeti
Clubs

Surprise!!! The Teslarati are incensed at everybody and their Chevy Bolt invading their serene, closed gate community. Honestly, at some level I donā€™t blame them. Theyā€™ve put up with a lot of šŸŽ šŸ’© with Elonā€˜s broken promises and shoddy build quality and service. But you always had that beautiful charging network to fall back on and some of you early adopters have been milking that for free for years!

In a different thread I predicted violence might ensue and already battle lines are being drawn and people are threatening people with keysā€¦.

Welcome to the world of perpetual Elon Musk chaos. Please be kind to one another and remember, this inevitable šŸ’© show is all on Elon Musk. He created it by opening a network that isnā€™t designed for anything but a Tesla and it is on him to make it work so that charging at a Superstation doesnā€™t turn into ā€Gangs of New York.ā€

Every single EV is one less gas guzzling, planet killing machine and that is a good thing.

We are all on the same team and we are trying to convince the rest of the ICE world to join us.

Last edited:

Sponsored

izgoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ID.4 Model Y
You're threatening violence and property damage if Rivian drivers dare to use "your" superchargers?
Calm down. This is not violence. This is vandalism. I am not going to key your Rivian. Someone else will if you act like a jerk.

izgoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ID.4 Model Y
There. Is. No. Etiquette. Yet.

Jesus, maybe Rivian should ban salty Tesla cult members from buying a Rivian.
Thatā€™s funny you would call me a cult member, since Iā€™m more critical of Tesla and Musk than most of EV owners. However, acting like a jerk even before you are so graciously given access to the Supercharger network is a good way to ensure that Tesla withdraw the invitation. Rivian needs this more than Tesla. Otherwise, Rivian would have stuck with CCS1. Way to go, truck owners. Obviously, trading oneā€™s ICE truck for a Rivian doesnā€™t change oneā€™s redneck worldview. .

izgoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ID.4 Model Y
Now youā€™re doubling down on stupid ā€” I donā€™t think you are stupid, but youā€™re talking stupid on this issue. Think through what you said and report back on why youā€™re convinced that a Rivian, which would be USING A SUPERCHARGER FOR ITS INTENDED PURPOSE, would be worse than an ICE that wants to PREVENT people from using the charger?
Yes, it appears there are more idiots with Rivians than idiots with ICE who consistently block charging spots. Iā€™m sensing a really troublesome trend on here of coming to someoneā€™s house by invitation and acting like a complete goon. If I were Musk, I would withdraw the invitation to Rivian after reading these posts. Tesla doesnā€™t need the revenue from Rivian vehicles. Rivian needs access to a reliable charging network. Unfortunately, most people seem not to understand who needs whom in this case.

brancky3

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 CY R1T, 21 MachE GT
Occupation
IT
It's hilarious you keep calling it an invitation.