teddyang

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Adeventure Edition, RB, BM, 21"
Clubs

BLUF: Had some condensation develop in my lightbar and despite having to wait 3 months, was pleasntly surpirsed that the service center was able to take care of me right away on the spot.

28 Aug 2023 - Scheduled an appointment through the app and attached the following pictures.

Rivian R1T R1S El Segundo Service Experience IMG_1821

Rivian R1T R1S El Segundo Service Experience IMG_1820

Earliest appointment they had available was for 11 Dec 2023 (yes 3+ months out)

11 Dec 2023 - Showed up for my appointment and they ended up being able to knock out the job in 30 min. They said with condensation inside the housing it's automatic replacement.
Sponsored

BeanEW

First Name
Eugene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Retired
While driving between SF Bay Area and LA during the Thanksgiving weekend, I met many Rivian drivers and one of them told me that the El Segundo SC sucks. If you had to wait 3 months for a 30 min. job, I guess he was right.

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
I am glad to hear that the truck didn't sit in the service center lot for a week or two prior to fixing it. That is a win!

HaveBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S DMP Max, Lifted GX470, APR Audi A7, BMW 325Ci
Clubs

I've got some window weatherstrip that had issues at delivery. Would save everyone time if they can fix on the spot instead of a loaner and driving across town. Got to only be minutes of work with the right part. Jan appointment which is fine. Not critical but will eventually chew itself up or something.

OP
OP
teddyang

teddyang

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

While driving between SF Bay Area and LA during the Thanksgiving weekend, I met many Rivian drivers and one of them told me that the El Segundo SC sucks. If you had to wait 3 months for a 30 min. job, I guess he was right.
there are 2 service centers in Socal that service the ENTIRE region. yes the 3 month wait sucks, but understandable until they can get some more service centers opened up (Burbank and Ontario are opening up soon). My last service appointment at El Segundo had me dropping my car off and waiting over a week for them to actually start working on my car so having them work on my vehicle right away and knocking out is definitely a win.

Sponsored

Chewy734

First Name
Ashu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW, Ford, Rivian
Clubs

I’m honestly surprised they didn’t give you a loaner for a couple weeks, and then knocked it out in 30 mins once they got to your vehicle.

Tarball

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1T - LA Silver
Occupation
Cloud Stuff
They just tried to get me to move my appointment from El Segundo to Eastlake (looks like Ontario area) - saying it’s now open. For what it’s worth.

OP
OP
teddyang

teddyang

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

I’m honestly surprised they didn’t give you a loaner for a couple weeks, and then knocked it out in 30 mins once they got to your vehicle.
i think there are too many service customers to have loaners available.

Chewy734

First Name
Ashu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW, Ford, Rivian
Clubs

krockett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FJ Cruiser
Clubs

Lucky you, they cancelled my 11/30 appt (booked it in Aug), booted me to the curb because they “were too busy.” Said next earliest appointment would be in April.

Sponsored

TV310

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Clubs

They are a joke.

Greg Chick

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Retired Plumbing Contractor
Clubs

I think the 30 min. fix it to their credit, just because you wait for over a month to get in does that mean you need to wait another month for the repair with the truck in the shop? To me, if the vehicle was useable till the 30 min. repair was done, that is a win win. I would say 5 stars El Segundo...

OP
OP
teddyang

teddyang

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

I think the 30 min. fix it to their credit, just because you wait for over a month to get in does that mean you need to wait another month for the repair with the truck in the shop? To me, if the vehicle was useable till the 30 min. repair was done, that is a win win. I would say 5 stars El Segundo...
i took it as a win. as i said in an earlier post, there's only 2 service centers servicing one of the largest population centers in the US. so while long waits for appointments are unfortunate, i would much rather them get to work right away on my vehicle to put it back in service rather than turn it in to them and have it sit on their lot for a week with nothing being done (that's what happened a last time i had left my vehicle there for service). hopefully the wait for appointments will go down as more service centers come online.

Greg Chick

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Retired Plumbing Contractor
Clubs

I agree, I have an appt. at El Segundo SC next month, I hope it is a one day thing. As well I hope they check the whole system to find any other issues to solve the same day. Throw in a free charge, and I am 5 star happy!

goldburger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
El Segundo is very busy but they are a great service center with great people who are doing their best in terrible circumstances.
Sponsored