Stuff and things

frostbit3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Engineer
This makes Rivian S-0--0-N seem minor in comparison. Sure you'll get the shell of your car but you won't actually get any of the features that are standard on pretty much every basic ass car today.
Like text message integration?

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
Like text message integration?
More like cruise control. I consider that a much more essential feature because texting isn't a core feature of driving, but cruise control certainly is.

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Holding back production for a feature most people only use on road trips a few times a year would be silly. Meeting the production start is more important. A delay wouldnā€™t be good as this date has been reiterated for over 18 months. Iā€™m guessing itā€™s all part of the ADAS system that just hasnā€™t been finalized. The 4D radar they are using is a first so Iā€™m cutting Fisker a little slack here.

Sponsored

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

No 12V plugs either....to be added in late 2023

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

More like cruise control. I consider that a much more essential feature because texting isn't a core feature of driving, but cruise control certainly is.
Rivian doesn't have cruise control either, unless you are in Tow mode.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

No 12V plugs either....to be added in late 2023
I'm excited to find out what features they are shipping the vehicle with that are going to break for a significant population and take years to get fixed.

What options they decide to take off my order to ship the vehicle without, then send them back to the drawing board for a year.

What noises all of them are going to develop in the drivetrain.

What bolts weren't torqued properly at the factory.

What trim pieces are going to be replaced because they cause excessive wind noise.

How many times it takes for service to get the alignment right.

How fragile the solar roof is when someone tries to sit on it.

Did I miss any? If Fisker's primary problems are just not having the complete software set at delivery, I'll be ecstatic. Rivian has added significantly to their software stack since I've got my R1T. If the driving dynamics are there, I can tolerate some amount of issues, just like I have with my Rivian. At least Fisker's vehicles are being built by an established manufacturer. I have a little more confidence that Magna is going to get things right out of the gate.

In other news, Rivian has promised me my truck back on Monday.

Last edited:

DJG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Various
Lucid buyers paid $160k for a vehicle without driver assistance features at launch either, so I don't think it's too controversial, assuming it's merely software. However, the $5k non-refundable deposit bit does throw a bit of a wrench into it being totally above board...

Sponsored

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Lucid buyers paid $160k for a vehicle without driver assistance features at launch either, so I don't think it's too controversial, assuming it's merely software. However, the $5k non-refundable deposit bit does throw a bit of a wrench into it being totally above board...
That is just for the fully loaded (without the obvious driver assistance features at launch) Ocean One version. The other models did not require the 5000 down luckily.

Quattro Powers

First Name
QP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
I test drove a Fisker Karma when it was initially released. While the styling wasnā€™t bad (coke bottle curves), it really felt like a kit car. Iā€™m sure the Magna built car will be better.

mkg3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Unagi, Radio Flyer and Kette Car
Clubs

All the traditional review publications have noted that Magna produced Jaguar I-Pace being much better built than other F-Pace (but by Jaguar).

No doubt that Ocean will be better built than the original Karma.

av8or

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Jeep Wrangler, 2023 Rivian R1T
Occupation
FedEx Retired
Clubs

Does anybody know how fisker plans on servicing the vehicles? Iā€™m sure there will be plenty of growing pains like Rivian. Are they doing their own or contracting it out?

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Does anybody know how fisker plans on servicing the vehicles? Iā€™m sure there will be plenty of growing pains like Rivian. Are they doing their own or contracting it out?
Partnered with Bridgestone for service. They are also going to do mobile service. No idea how things will play out but it's not going to deter me unless I actually can't get service. Rivian's service delays have gotten terrible in my area.
Sponsored