Flickering/flashing warning lights?

Tony R1S

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pacifica Hybrid, R1S QM 21
Today noticed those yellow/red warning lights flickering at the bottom left of my driver screen. They were randomly flashing/flickering almost like there is a bad connection to sensors, sometimes 2-3 of the yellow icons showing up and even the red airbag ones sometimes. The flickering frequency seemed to vary with throttle/speed. Anyone experience this? My OTA update just came in today, so I'll update tonight.

Rivian R1T R1S Flickering/flashing warning lights? 1710743856030-0l
Sponsored

Ribbit

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1T, 2000 BMW M roadster
Same! Here are a few frames from a video of what I assumed to be the final moments of my vehicle being operational. It flashed these 12 times in the minute that I recorded.

Thankfully it was just a light show and everything else was functioning normally. I updated to 07.02 and everything has been back to normal since then.

Sending good vibes your update has the same impact!

Rivian R1T R1S Flickering/flashing warning lights? Screenshot 2024-03-18 at 12.34.47 AM
Rivian R1T R1S Flickering/flashing warning lights? Screenshot 2024-03-18 at 12.34.13 AM
Rivian R1T R1S Flickering/flashing warning lights? Screenshot 2024-03-18 at 12.34.33 AM

OP
OP

Tony R1S

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
It might be related to the pending FW update. After the update I haven't seen again..

Sponsored

OP
OP

Tony R1S

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I see, seems unrelated to the latest OTA update and a random occurrence.. unsettling to see this because it was very distracting and the proximity/radar sensors (the center car graphic) kept flipping back and forth between parked state and active driving state. A couple of months ago, I also had an incidence where all the proximty sensors (and driver assist) stopped working completely. I had to reset to recover from it. If it happens again, I'll open a ticket for it.

Erikbecker

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Mechanical engineer
I've been there too. Even after the update, I still had to do a reset to fix it. If the problem sticks around after your update, I'd say give the wiring harness and connectors a once-over. Sometimes, these issues can stem from loose connections or faulty wiring, especially if the flickering seems to correlate with throttle/speed variations.
Sponsored