FOB Proximity Performance

supernu8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Engineer
I'm super excited about the idea of fob proximity functionality in the latest OTA (2023.6) . This is top of my list of wanted features because I don't use paak and i don't like the experience of fumbling around to press fob buttons.

I haven't got the update yet so I was wondering if anyone who got the update could comment on performance? Reviews from someone who doesn't normally use PAAK would be appreciated while I wait for my turn to update.
Sponsored

abirozy

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
tesla model s, lexus gs 350 f sport, toyota corolla
Occupation
lawyer
Clubs

I installed the update and love the performance of the key fob as far as proximity. For me at least, it is far superior to the performance of the phone proximity. I don't notice any lag at all and the door is unlocked by the time i get to the door. I will comment however, that it does not seem to unlock till i am almost to the driver door so the passengers have to wait a bit.

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

I installed the update and love the performance of the key fob as far as proximity. For me at least, it is far superior to the performance of the phone proximity. I don't notice any lag at all and the door is unlocked by the time i get to the door. I will comment however, that it does not seem to unlock till i am almost to the driver door so the passengers have to wait a bit.
The passengers can wait.

Deleted member 7086

Installed the update yesterday and ran several errands around town. The FOB proximity sensor seemed to work flawlessly typically activating at around 15 to 20 feet. When walking away with your back to the truck it was reassuring to hear the bird chirp and know the truck locked. Far superior to the phone key which I abandoned months ago.

mroe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Clubs

I turned off phone PAAK on day one, but looking forward to trying out the fob. Downloading the update right now!

The main thing I want to see in a fob proximity implementation is consistency of unlock/lock distance.

Will follow up later today after I've had a chance to play with update.

Sponsored

TheHedgehog116

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Charger
I'm loving the fob proximity lock/unlock! My truck unlocks when I'm within 5' from my door and locks at around 30'. And as @Frisbie stated, it's reassuring to hear the chirp as you walk away.

C.R. Rivian

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Niro EV...R1T Launch Edition
Occupation
retired
Not unlocking until you are almost there is a much desired feature. I don't want to unlock the door when I'd 10 feet away...

kizamybute'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
This one, that one and the other one.
Clubs

I'm satisfied. Found with both, the phone and fobs, the doors unlock sooner when walking up from behind. Have to get a little closer when coming from the front or sides.

strykerwsu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy SS, Ford Bronco, Ram Rebel, Ford Flex, G8
Not unlocking until you are almost there is a much desired feature. I don't want to unlock the door when I'd 10 feet away...
Why? Standing while my family waits is no fun. Now if it was consistent 10 feet I could live with it, but goin off PAAK my assumption is it won’t be.

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2015 4Runner, 1975 FJ55 Land Cruiser
My phone key has never worked consistently well as compared to fob keys in other cars I've owned. I'm very happy now that the fob is working like a regular fob. I'll likely turn off the phone as key function.
Sponsored