Sponsored

Ford NACS Adapter Released + Access to Tesla Superchargers Now Available

Redline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

I saw that too. Makes sense that Brainerd isn't active (it's a V2) but the one in Little Falls should be a V3... Also Duluth and Two Harbors aren't on the list either.
Yeah I thought Brainerd might not be...I hope they update that site, but the Little Falls one did surprise me.

I guess I can head up 169 more often and use that one.
Sponsored

Redline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

Keep in mind that some V3 chargers that are currently unavailable will probably be added later. Some V3's needed an update to the communication module for use with NACS adapters. V2's will not be available unless they're upgraded to V3 or V4 dispensers.
I don't know a ton about the different versions, but does Tesla plan on updating some of the older V2s? Is that something they're actively doing?

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

We know Rivian said they would provide adapters and ship them to us. They've already said that much.

Is it REALLY a far stretch to think you might have to go and place an order for this to happen?
Jesus Christ dude. You're completely missing the point. I asked for something official on the rollout details of the free adapter and instead of just saying you don't know or that there isn't anything official yet, you keep throwing assumptions out. That means, no, there isn't. I'll wait for Rivian to confirm details thank you.
No, there's been nothing official yet beyond the original communications saying we'd all receive an adapter for free. That said, I was one of the ones that had to wait 9 months to receive my manual tonneau cover. Due to the number of people that either had old addresses in their system or had since sold their vehicle, Rivian sent an email out asking us all to confirm our addresses before shipment. That was for an accessory that we'd already ordered and they were delayed on shipping. It's only logical to assume that Rivian would do something similar for the J3400 adapter. I somehow doubt we'll have to place a separate order for it though. It's possible that folks that bought a used truck could need to reach out to Rivian about getting one though, but that's pure speculation.

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S PDM MP, 2019 Jaguar I-Pace HSE
I don't know a ton about the different versions, but does Tesla plan on updating some of the older V2s? Is that something they're actively doing?
I'm not aware of any systemic effort to upgrade V2's. I assume that they will wait until the V4 hardware is available (dispenser AND cabinets) before they do this, if ever.

manitou202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Ioniq 5, Lucid Air Touring
Cable length and parking is still going to be a big problem for the first couple of years.

Rivian R1T R1S Ford NACS Adapter Released + Access to Tesla Superchargers Now Available Untitled

Sponsored

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Interesting. The Tesla app now has the option of adding a non-Tesla to properly filter SCs you can use. I entered Rivian, but they know the adapters haven't been released yet so it doesn't show anything but Magic Dock stations yet. I assume for the Ford folks it shows most of the V3 stations too. That suggests that a 3rd party adapter still may not work for OEMs that haven't been authorized yet.

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

I'm not complaining about Rivian, I'm complaining about the people here who make assumptions about how the adapter rollout will happen.
Still complaining?

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S PDM MP, 2019 Jaguar I-Pace HSE
It will be. I was told by a Rivian contact a couple months ago that the R2 and NACS were coming in March.
I'm going to bet it will be announced on March 7th at the R2 reveal.

Sponsored

Cosmacelf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Tesla Model X
Occupation
Software
I added my Mach E to the Tesla app today, and if I tell it I already have the adapter, it shows most of the V3 sites in the app and has a Charge Here button for those. So it could potentially work without Plug & Charge.

Interestingly, there are some busy V3 sites not showing up.
I’m not surprised if Tesla is not adding busy v3 sites to the eligible site list. This makes sense. Good thing Tesla is furiously building and expanding sites!

Cosmacelf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Tesla Model X
Occupation
Software
Just a sample of the coverage in the Southwest. Full Superchargers versus NCAS access.

All Superchargers
Untitled.png

NCAS compatible
Untitled 2.png
Southwest was one of the first areas to get Superchargers in the US so you’re going to see a lot more v2 stations there.