First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LR4, jaguar ipace, Porsche 911 and 928
Occupation
Consultant
I’m a 2018 preorder holder. Live in SF Bat Area with lots of service capacity. Thousands of Rivian have been delivered, but I’m just wallowing somewhere in the cue.

i don’t think they actually have a process. It’s just big-company “corporate speak” at this point.

I’m so disappointed. Used to love this company and this product, but the excitement is gone. They don’t give a fig about early order holders.
Sponsored

Scoiatael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
What is your configuration?

ImAI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TS, R1T
I’m a 2018 preorder holder. Live in SF Bat Area with lots of service capacity. Thousands of Rivian have been delivered, but I’m just wallowing somewhere in the cue.

i don’t think they actually have a process. It’s just big-company “corporate speak” at this point.

I’m so disappointed. Used to love this company and this product, but the excitement is gone. They don’t give a fig about early order holders.
Welcome to the forum but it would hep to see your config in your signature.
If you are waiting on R1T then your should have had access to the R1T Shop for many months already as folks who preordered in 2021 have access, but if R1S then you should be contacted soon... i dont know a month or two at most.

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

If it was OC he should have it by now.

Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Definitely understand your frustration, especially after seeing so many others getting trucks who ordered after you. Like others have said, if you share your configuration with us it might be easy to identify if you have something included that would keep you waiting, like a max pack battery. Or you can look at the forum’s spreadsheet of delivered trucks to see what is most commonly delivered.

https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/threads/📊-delivered-r1t-owners-list-and-stats-enter-yours.978/

Wait4EverTric

First Name
Ven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota, Kia
Occupation
BreadNButter

I 2nd dat. I pre ordered in Feb 2019 and I always get a standard message saying we'll update by the end of summer every time I reach them for the delivery window. Several summers are gone and still waiting. Definitely seems they don't have process. Very frustrated but still hoping to get one.
My Config: R1T/Adventure Package/Large pack/Glacier White/Black Mountain

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Jeep Wrangler 2DR, 2022 R1T
Occupation
Utilities
Clubs

If it was OC he should have it by now.
Not necessarily, they have only been producing OC for about a month, and now that they are producing the R1S now, it may mean less R1Ts being produced.

OP
OP

LDBH

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LR4, jaguar ipace, Porsche 911 and 928
Occupation
Consultant
Yes - if I had a weird configuration, I would understand. I don’t. R1S black/black Adventure pack.

And I get that the communication team has its issues - poorly led, bad executive choices, and front line folks who aren’t empowered or informed. So, I accept that the info stream lacks a lot. I even accept that some favored folks like the Rivian Stories guys will get to to the front of the line.

But none of that explains a company that simply doesn’t give any credence to loyalty - to when the customer placed an order and put up a deposit. Wouldn’t first orders just logically be filled - if not first - then reasonably early? But Rivian doesn’t seem to have done that -I think when you placed an order isn’t a factor at all.

it’s just fundamentally disappointing. … from a company that talks about its values …

Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Yes - if I had a weird configuration, I would understand. I don’t. R1S black/black Adventure pack.

And I get that the communication team has its issues - poorly led, bad executive choices, and front line folks who aren’t empowered or informed. So, I accept that the info stream lacks a lot. I even accept that some favored folks like the Rivian Stories guys will get to to the front of the line.

But none of that explains a company that simply doesn’t give any credence to loyalty - to when the customer placed an order and put up a deposit. Wouldn’t first orders just logically be filled - if not first - then reasonably early? But Rivian doesn’t seem to have done that -I think when you placed an order isn’t a factor at all.

it’s just fundamentally disappointing. … from a company that talks about its values …
They aren't producing the R1S with Adventure right now, so yes, you have a "weird config".

Last edited:

Dirty_B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Sales
Welcome to the forum but it would hep to see your config in your signature.
If you are waiting on R1T then your should have had access to the R1T Shop for many months already as folks who preordered in 2021 have access, but if R1S then you should be contacted soon... i dont know a month or two at most.
Kyle got his months ago and didn't even have a reservation!

ERguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Kyle got his months ago and didn't even have a reservation!
I'm pretty sure he did make a reservation and then got an invite to the R1 shop almost immediately, which allowed him to buy his truck.

He also benefitted by getting preference though some sort of friends and family program.

ERguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
If you had an R1T reservation, I would understand your concerns, but they literally just started delivering the R1S a few weeks ago.

Your post makes it sound like you've been getting skipped for months or years.

You should at least give them a few months before you start accusing them of not honoring your reservation timing.
Sponsored