Tesla M3P, Audi Q7 TDI

DAJA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Venza, Toyota Prime Rav4
Occupation
Researcher and Educator
I was a pre-March quad/max config - the emails I received were very clear in stating that any future quad model would not be eligible for the pricing.
Do you happen to have a back copy of the e-mail stating that future max / quads were exempted from the early price commitment ? I don't recall seeing that.

ukyank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Waiting
Do you happen to have a back copy of the e-mail stating that future max / quads were exempted from the early price commitment ? I don't recall seeing that.
Yea. I don’t recall seeing any such language either. Curious what’s being referenced.

Epicloop

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
Yea. I don’t recall seeing any such language either. Curious what’s being referenced.
This is what I have:
  • R1T with Max pack will only be available in a Dual-Motor AWD configuration.
  • Quad-Motor + Max pack will not be selectable in the configurator beginning in early 2023. We plan to add a Quad-Motor with additional capability at a later date that will pair with the Max pack. We will release pricing for this new variant closer to launch.

DAJA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Researcher and Educator
Thank you for your your archived e-mail. Rivian had a max - pack quad configuration early - on and I did not see any specific language that they would not honor the early adopter max quad once it became available.

Sponsored

DAJA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Researcher and Educator
Me too but that is not going to be available at early adopter pricing.
They have been beyond generous in extending 2018 pricing for nearly 6 years while under considerable inflation.
I appreciate your thought, but wonder what corporate generosity has to do with a more than implied if not explicit contract. The company invited early adopters at a reasonable price and the fact that they could not deliver in 5 years is not a matter of generosity. On the other hand, fulfilling their original commitment is a sign of corporate responsibility.

Supratachophobia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S
Clubs

Thank you for your your archived e-mail. Rivian had a max - pack quad configuration early - on and I did not see any specific language that they would not honor the early adopter max quad once it became available.
Might be a moot point now if they delete quad and go with tri motor Enduro.

sphereobject

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S on order
Occupation
Troll
Pre-March pricing will continue after September 30 in the form of pre-owned Rivians.

Those who want a less expensive vehicle will be able to find one with 7000-40,000 miles in the used market for similar prices to new now, and in some cases lower.

This will be accelerated if Rivian begins offering super-Rivians with winches, 1200 hp, Quad/Max, and other new options and styling.
This is what Rivian should be doing. With the G Wagon MB figured out that a large percentage of their customers happy to pay $100k for a G Wagon would also pay $175k+ for a G Wagon. They increased the price of the car by $75k and lost zero net customers.

They need to make the base R1S/R1T with a small battery and dual motor at around $65k -$70k, then sell the Max Pack Tri or Quad Enduro with an actual luxury interior at $150k+.
Sponsored