Sponsored

Nsblifer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hybrid Touareg
Well you did have your chance.
Oh please. I had plenty of good reasons not to accept delivery. Are you really that miserable dude? Are you drooling at the fact that maybe…just maybe this guy won’t get a cheaper, newer R1 than you? My shit is locked in. If they don’t want to honor it, they’ll simply need to give my deposit back and I’ll move on. Maybe buy one down the road. Prick.
Sponsored

emoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Oh please. I had plenty of good reasons not to accept delivery. Are you really that miserable dude? Are you drooling at the fact that maybe…just maybe this guy won’t get a cheaper, newer R1 than you? My shit is locked in. If they don’t want to honor it, they’ll simply need to give my deposit back and I’ll move on. Maybe buy one down the road. Prick.
You still had your chance. If you didn’t want to for your good reasons then that’s fine. Expecting Rivian to keep your original pricing is unrealistic.

Nsblifer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hybrid Touareg
You still had your chance. If you didn’t want to for your good reasons then that’s fine. Expecting Rivian to keep your original pricing is unrealistic.
Broken record, stuck on repeat since 2022 huh? Do you want me to expect Rivian to keep my original pricing to feel better? Who hurt you?

emoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Broken record, stuck on repeat since 2022 huh? Do you want me to expect Rivian to keep my original pricing to feel better? Who hurt you?
I couldn’t care less what Rivian does for pre price hike orders. I find it hilarious that people are pissed that they can’t keep their price indefinitely. Just move on.

Nsblifer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hybrid Touareg
I couldn’t care less what Rivian does for pre price hike orders. I find it hilarious that people are pissed that they can’t keep their price indefinitely. Just move on.
You’re projecting. And that’s hilarious.

Sponsored

Dave Cundiff

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S (DM, MaxPack); 2023 and 2019 Bolts
Lots of fun watching people share useful information. Not so much fun watching people insult each other without any useful new information.

@emoore and @Nsblifer: You guys decide what you want to do, OK? There's been some good information shared in this thread. I'm glad I read it so far. But I don't have to stay if you want to keep fussing with each other.

Very best wishes!

emoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Lots of fun watching people share useful information. Not so much fun watching people insult each other without any useful new information.

@emoore and @Nsblifer: You guys decide what you want to do, OK? There's been some good information shared in this thread. I'm glad I read it so far. But I don't have to stay if you want to keep fussing with each other.

Very best wishes!
Good with me. I’m glad Rivian is trying to move on and survive. Hopefully they get the R2 line up sand running soon.

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Very best wishes!
Rivian R1T R1S Rivian offering preorder price difference vouchers for remaining price protected pre-order holders 1000009447

Who's got a damn voucher priced lease financial sheet?! We're holding our breaths and need to know.

Nsblifer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hybrid Touareg
Ok sure. I’ve got a pre price hike Rivian and you don’t because you waited. Guess I’m “projecting”. That’s cool.
So then why are you commenting in this thread exactly? Really, why are you here?

Sponsored

DAJA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Venza, Toyota Prime Rav4
Occupation
Researcher and Educator
As a pre - 2022 reservation holder in a US zone with no service center, I am told that I can purchase a Rivian if I accept responsibility for transportation of the vehicle to the service center. That's $1200 / tow. Not acceptable.

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

As a pre - 2022 reservation holder in a US zone with no service center, I am told that I can purchase a Rivian if I accept responsibility for transportation of the vehicle to the service center. That's $1200 / tow. Not acceptable.
Rivian R1T R1S Rivian offering preorder price difference vouchers for remaining price protected pre-order holders 1000009461

ex0de

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
n/a
So long and thanks for all the fish! My Rivian journey began in 2020 and has effectively ended with this announcement. All I got was this lousy email and my pre-order piece of artwork (remember that?)

Wish Rivian well. I will revisit in a decade or so, in the meantime I will enjoy my new Tesla (my first EV).
Early pre-order holder myself, don't even have a an operating center in my city yet but I am also out, this time for good. This whole process became beyond ridiculous at this point and just ruined it all for me. Horrible support from a company that's selling 6 figure cars. Been back and forth with them for over a month now. They don't know what they're doing, don't call back, take notes in account without letting you know, constantly contradict themselves, etc. Been waiting for a "Leader" to call me back for a week now (was told in 48hrs) since my issue was "escalated". For a company to have this kind of shitty service while you're actually trying to give them money, I can only imagine what will happen when there's an actual issue post purchase. Good luck to everyone who's holding Rivian stock because I doubt they'll be around in a decade.

Thought I'd give a brief summary of my experience trying to use my voucher to buy a truck

-Wednesday last week I received an email from a guide regarding my desire to purchase. Made a email inquiry back regarding my ZIP code still being locked out of shop but received no response

-Friday received the voucher email. Emailed my guide again. Also waited an hour on chat support. And even called Rivian. None of these got me a call back or response.

-Sunday I realized I had to schedule a time with my Guide, which I did for Monday. A half hour before my slot, he pushed it to Tuesday.

-Tuesday my guide calls me 15 min late. By now, every truck we were considering is wiped from inventory, which I mention. I tell him I'm looking for a STD+ R1T, FG on OC, with 21s and PT. He says he found me the perfect vehicle. A red, max pack R1T with BM interior. I decline and he offers me a bunch of other vehicles that are WAY above my price range and won't tell me if any of them will be discounted for EOQ. I inquire directly about lease residuals for voucher holders and he says he'll get me an answer.

-Wednesday he sends me a completely unintelligible "response" to my lease residual question. Doesn't answer the question at all. At this point, I fail to see how this is any better than dealing with your run of the mill car salesman who knows nothing about anything. I tell him if he can get me the truck matching my specs showing in the shop near Normal with a reasonable discount for my traveling 12 hours to get it, we'd consider taking delivery this weekend but otherwise push until Q2. He says, he found the exact truck I was talking about and they'll even ship it for me. I Just need to choose a different interior and more expensive wheels, again not telling me if my choosing things I don't want will be discounted. I decline.

So that brings me to today. Nearly a week out on the voucher and Rivian still hasn't provided clarity on the lease terms. I still can't "order" a truck from the shop because of my zip code, though it doesn't matter much anyway because apparently those viewable in the shop aren't necessarily actual existing trucks that have already been built. We have no idea what the shutdown means for shop inventory. We don't know if the trucks produced after the shutdown will be meaningfully worse / further de-contented. Rivian also can't tell me when (if) the Rochester service center they've been trying to open for over a year is expected to open. Not an awesome experience. Pretty good chance I will end up in a Highland Performance instead.
Similar awful experience with them, and to me there's nothing more important than customer service and customer support for a purchase like this one.

DAJA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Venza, Toyota Prime Rav4
Occupation
Researcher and Educator
I recall a Rivian survey and one of the questions was how you rated trustworthiness. Using a scale of one to five with 5 being absolutely trustworthy, how would you rate Rivian's trustworthiness at this point in time ?

MidnightRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

I recall a Rivian survey and one of the questions was how you rated trustworthiness. Using a scale of one to five with 5 being absolutely trustworthy, how would you rate Rivian's trustworthiness at this point in time ?

5 out of 5. Rivian honored the prices they quoted unlike Tesla who jacked up prices on Cyberdump, added extra $20,000 required packages for launch customers and gave them a vehicle that picks up rust within 6 months.
Sponsored