G Wagon Perfects the Tank Turn

Sponsored

CrazyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura TL MT SH-AWD, CBR 600RR ABS, R1T
Sure, on wet pavement.
This! On a wet flat pavement, it's easy. What happens when this is done on an incline and the car slides into something or someone?

IMO, only Elon can bring this to market with complete disregard to safety and an appetite for fighting lawsuits. A few people may die, but who cares.

DuoRivians

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, MY
Read the fine print always, haha.

“G-Turn must not be used on public roads. This stunt was performed by professional drivers on a closed road with support from local police and special preparation of the road.”

Also seems to leave a mark on the pavement.

Rivian R1T R1S G Wagon Perfects the Tank Turn IMG_7914

Last edited:

Forager

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Structural Engineer
Clubs

Here’s another video of them doing it on a gravel trail, same as the Rivian.

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

I'd be very curious to see the range the short shoebox can achieve. My guess is they'll struggle to get anything above 85kWh on that platform.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
This! On a wet flat pavement, it's easy. What happens when this is done on an incline and the car slides into something or someone?

IMO, only Elon can bring this to market with complete disregard to safety and an appetite for fighting lawsuits. A few people may die, but who cares.
If you watch closely they also shift when spinning..could be very easy to shift too far..

Sponsored

onebadmofo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Tesla MY LR
Occupation
I know how to exit VIM
Clubs

I'd be very curious to see the range the short shoebox can achieve. My guess is they'll struggle to get anything above 85kWh on that platform.
G series were never made to be efficient. I bet it's very quick, just not for long.

ER1T

First Name
Er
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 Mustang GT
Occupation
IT
Read the fine print always, haha.

“G-Turn must not be used on public roads. This stunt was performed by professional drivers on a closed road with support from local police and special preparation of the road.”

Also seems to leave a mark on the pavement.

IMG_7914.jpeg
I can only imagine how costly this party trick is. A 8000+ lbs school bus, with huge tires that are laying down rubber, spinning both directionally and laterally on asphalt. But I guess if you can afford to G-Turn…who cares 🤷

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
I can only imagine how costly this party trick is. A 8000+ lbs school bus, with huge tires that are laying down rubber, spinning both directionally and laterally on asphalt. But I guess if you can afford to G-Turn…who cares 🤷
Even on wet pavement, that was probably hundreds of miles of tire wear. Maybe more. It also causes flex heating in the sidewalls.

Jabbahop

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘14 BMW i3, ‘19 BMW i3, ‘22 R1T -> ‘24 R1S Max
Occupation
retired
Even on wet pavement, that was probably hundreds of miles of tire wear. Maybe more. It also causes flex heating in the sidewalls.
“ specially prepped surface” - cooking oil and water?