Sponsored

help needed mounting evbase R1T running boards

GA_Rivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

I'm belatedly getting around to trying to mount my evbase running boards purchased a month ago. I started with the passenger side, only because it's dryer on the ground in my shed there. I've sent photos and questions to EVBase, but am wondering if others who have mounted these running boards can shed some light on what is going on here.

It appears to me there is something wrong with the instructions or with the brackets. See the attached photos, these are from the PASSENGER side; I have not yet worked on the driver side. The photos show the FRONT bracket being mounted.

All of the passenger side brackets are the same, yet the mount point for the forward bracket is significantly higher (above ground) than the corresponding mount points for the middle and rear brackets. The middle and rear brackets use the 17mm bolts which have an additional layer of metal beneath them; the front bracket uses a 15mm bolt which does not have the additional metal beneath it.

Note the large gap between the chassis surface and flange at the 15mm bolt used for the front mount. If the 15mm bolt is tightened down it will bend / tilt / twist the bracket so that the runningboard will be sloped downward, and it will not be even with the other two brackets. The front mount point looks like the bracket for it should not have mount flanges of different heights, unlike the middle and rear mount points. Is this the way it is supposed to be mounted? Am I missing something?
Rivian R1T R1S help needed mounting evbase R1T running boards RunningBoard_Passenger_20240221_164641_web
Rivian R1T R1S help needed mounting evbase R1T running boards RunningBoard_Passenger_20240221_165012_web
Rivian R1T R1S help needed mounting evbase R1T running boards RunningBoard_Passenger_20240221_165103_web
Rivian R1T R1S help needed mounting evbase R1T running boards RunningBoard_Passenger_20240221_165243_web
Rivian R1T R1S help needed mounting evbase R1T running boards RunningBoard_Passenger_20240221_170109_web
Sponsored

OP
OP

GA_Rivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Thanks. I looked at 3 other videos and figured from those that the brackets were not all marked correctly. Thanks for pointing that out explicitly. You might also mention that the 15mm bolt referenced in the instructions is not used; as you point out, only the 17mm bolts. Thanks also for mentioning the need for a TP55 bit instead of the T55 that comes with the kit.
Sponsored

Last edited: