First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Tire Engineer
Would love to see some post-1k miles efficiency numbers! Specifically a 65mph round trip of 20+ miles, or a good 500+ mile regular commute info.
I was at 2.59 mi/kWh during a 15 minute window on my dual performance R1T. Cruise set to 65mph, Goodyear tires, All-Purpose drive mode and some slight elevation changes. Your mileage may vary.
Rivian R1T R1S Help with tires for Atomic Wheels 20” set IMG_5250

LL75

First Name
lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
I ordered Atomic 20-inch Wheels [AWR1] and am moving from the 22-inch Rivian. I wanted more sidewall for light offroading and also a lighter wheel tire combo. I am going with the 275/60 20 with the Nokian Outpost NAT. The current 22-inch Rivian set-up weighs 83 lbs, and going with the Atomic Wheels and Nokian Outpost NAT, it will weigh 73 lbs.

TIRE SPECSTIRE SIZES
UNIFORM TIRE QUALITY GRADE (UTQG)
TreadwearN/A
TractionN/A
TemperatureN/A
SECTION WIDTH275
ASPECT RATIO60
RIM DIAMETER20"
OVERALL DIAMETER33"
RIM WIDTH RANGE7.5" - 10.0"
WEIGHT46 LBS
TREAD DEPTH18/32"
LOAD INDEX123
LOAD RANGEE1
MAX PSI80 PSI
SPEED RATINGUP TO 112 MPH
SIDEWALL DESC.RAISED BLACK LETTERING
WARRANTY60000
VPNT432880
GTIN6419440568393
1719507859610-ni.png
1719508039948-g1.jpg
Love the set up. Please post efficiency compared to your 22" when you get it. I'm thinking about this Nokian as well after my grabber HTS60 is done.

LL75

First Name
lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
I work for Goodyear and am on the design team that worked with Rivian to develop the 275/60R20 Wrangler Territory AT for Rivian R1 Gen 2. In my opinion, it is a nice mix of efficiency, rugged looks and an all around great tire.

The new Goodyear 275/60R20 option was just recently released. Here is the link...
https://www.goodyear.com/en_US/tires/wrangler-territory-at/24354-73409564000000.html?back=tireFinder

Unfortunately, the image shown is currently not the new Rivian tire. I have raised this issue internally with my fellow Goodyear associates. Hopefully it will be addressed soon.

Tire Rack also has the the new Goodyear in stock. ...
https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tire...ckwall+Alternate+Design+3&partnum=76HR0WTATXL

As mentioned, this tire is brand new. Any reviews listed would be for Territory AT tires designed specifically for other vehicles.

Attached are some images of my R1T with the new Goodyear tire. I am a big fan of the truck and the tires!

R1T tire.jpg

R1T Tread.jpg
What is with the 3.3 stars review on this tire? Is it that bad?

Sponsored

B Digs

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Tire Engineer
What is with the 3.3 stars review on this tire? Is it that bad?
A new Goodyear Wrangler Territory AT, designed specifically for Rivian, has just been launched. Goodyear uses the Wrangler Territory brand name to fine-tune designs unique to individual Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs). Any existing reviews likely pertain to different tires, optimized for separate vehicles with varying performance objectives developed with Goodyear and the OEM. The new Goodyear tire is exclusively designed for the R1.

Regarding consumer reviews, it’s important to note that they often stem from the personal experiences and perceptions of non-experts, rather than scientific testing. Anyone can write a review, which may contain misleading information.

shap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 45e, R1T
Guys, can you help me with the Atomic Wheels selection?

Some wheels are available in a 20x8.5" config while others 20x9". Does it make any difference?
Also, some of them have +48 offset (as OEM ones), and some have +45. Is there any real word difference? None of them will have a rubbing issue, but geometry-wise, is there any additional tire wear?

The goal is to replace 21" OEM. No off-roading. Planning to put Grabber or Wrangler Territory AT (for maybe light off-road in the future).

ksurfier

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1SQM, Tesla
Occupation
Fake Science Lead
Clubs

Guys, can you help me with the Atomic Wheels selection?

Some wheels are available in a 20x8.5" config while others 20x9". Does it make any difference?
Also, some of them have +48 offset (as OEM ones), and some have +45. Is there any real word difference? None of them will have a rubbing issue, but geometry-wise, is there any additional tire wear?

The goal is to replace 21" OEM. No off-roading. Planning to put Grabber or Wrangler Territory AT (for maybe light off-road in the future).
Stock size is 20x8.5, I would avoid the 20x9 unless you had a specific tire in mind and you were ok with not using the lowest ride height. Doesn't sound like you have a reason for 20x9 (unless you like/want a slightly wider stance).

shap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 45e, R1T
Stock size is 20x8.5, I would avoid the 20x9 unless you had a specific tire in mind and you were ok with not using the lowest ride height. Doesn't sound like you have a reason for 20x9 (unless you like/want a slightly wider stance).
Thank you! As for offset, does it make any difference: 45 / 48? Tire wearing?

ksurfier

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1SQM, Tesla
Occupation
Fake Science Lead
Clubs

45 instead of 48 mm offset shifts the tire 1/8” out, this is pretty negligible. I would keep 48 mm since that’s how Rivian designed it.
Sponsored