Sponsored

How often does your Infotainment reset on its own?

SPITmadFIRE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 R1S DPM Max Pack 20" AT
The only time my infotainment has ever reset on its own was the day I bought the truck. Something about the transfer process the service center did freaked it out and it reset on the way home. Hasn't happened since, and it's been about five months now.
Sponsored

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

I’ve only had it happen once, though I’ve manually reset it a couple times due to slow performance.

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Mine reset itself twice on Wednesday as well. Seemed like it never reset, then after one of the recent updates it ticked up again but then stopped. Then yesterday I got those two after nothing for quite some time.

bael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, X5
Clubs

I’ve been noticing an increase in frequency of the truck resetting itself. This is noticeable when the efficiency meter (15-min) resets, and the center screen reloads apps as you enter them - including, annoyingly, re-importing all contacts from the phone.

It happened twice today.

Anyone else seeing an increase in this behavior?
About once every 1 - 2 weeks here.
I'm in a similar boat - around 1x every week or two for the last couple of months. Telltale is the efficiency reset for me as well. It has usually been overnight. At first thought it was related to scheduled preconditioning as that release was when I started noticing it. Have disabled that schedule though and it still occurs. Used to look like it was the same overnight period (a Thursday into a Friday morning) for the first few times every week. Now it's adjusted and seems a bit more random.
I caught a crash report DNS entry from the truck the other night.

Haven't seen anything detrimental from it - but it's not right

Move

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
About once a week for me. I also tend to notice it happening after it takes a longer time to wake up in the morning.

Sponsored

WSea

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
Occupation
Architect
Was getting a reset 1 to 2x daily a couple of months ago while waiting to get in for a repair after being rear ended. The accident killed the rear camera (so all cameras dead) so I chalked it up to the system trying to find the rear camera. Hasn't happened again after repairs.

Mathme

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T: El Cap, OC, 20AT, Off road package
Occupation
High Tech
Mine used to reset when I'd walk up to it and remove the charge cable while plugged into a L2 charger. Since ensuring that the charge session is stopped, it seems to be better.

Since the last update I do have a random gremlin that forces me to restart the software every week or so. I used Pet Mode (Doggo moddo as we call it) quite a bit and after its been a while since a restart, it will toggle the "Pet mode turned off" banner at the top of the Nav screen. This in itself isn't a bad thing, however I do believe it shouldn't happen whenever starting or stopping the Cruise control at highwaY speed.

ADVNOW

First Name
Dom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Wrangler JK, JL 4XE
Occupation
Manufacturing
Clubs

Mine started doing this about 2 weeks ago. Happened once while driving the center and driver screens blacked out and restarted. freaked me out at first but caused no driving issue except for the two minutes of no dash display. second time happened in parking lot i got warnings and had to restart it manually. the third time I had to do a complete system restart to get it back up. since the complete restart no issues so far. (knock on wood)

TollKeeper

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Rivian R1S, 04 GMC Envoy XUV, 12 Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Ast HR Director
I am getting it about once a day, to once every other day..

Not sure whats going on, and it doesnt seem to affect the truck outside of that, so I kinda ignored it.

Sponsored

JayinNJ

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, R1S LE Canyon Red
I’ve been noticing an increase in frequency of the truck resetting itself. This is noticeable when the efficiency meter (15-min) resets, and the center screen reloads apps as you enter them - including, annoyingly, re-importing all contacts from the phone.

It happened twice today.

Really never saw this.

sherold

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S3, VW Atlas
1-2X/week for me.
It has definitely been happening more frequently over the last 2 months.

JackRussellRacing

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 R1T
Occupation
Business Owner
Mine started doing the reset crap a few weeks ago... and then, voila, my entire LTE/GPS/WIFI failed, and has never come back on. Mobile service is scheduled about 4 weeks away.

And don't tell me to try a hard reboot; when the LTE/GPS/WIFI crashed, it killed the truck's ability to hard reboot (Hazard+left button).

Kinda chuffed about the whole thing.

Dave Cundiff

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23R1S(DM,Max); '23R1T(QM,Lg); '23 & '19 Bolts

It happened twice today.

Once in 7100 miles for us, and only in context of it being the most recent instance (maybe 4-6 weeks ago) of the Adaptive Cruise suddenly disconnecting itself with a "Take Control Now - System fault detected" error message.

Consider calling Service for an opinion. If it keeps happening, consider calling Service for a second opinion....

Best wishes!
Sponsored