Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FG/FE R1T recv'd 3/31/2023
Occupation
I build stuff
Clubs

I know our Rivian's have their own unique set problems and challenges that come with ownership.

But I'm still in a whole bunch of Chevy truck forums, and just wanted to say I don't miss this at all. 😂🤣

Rivian R1T R1S I don't miss this at all 1709669992333
Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
It can happen with any brand. Even though Toyota makes super reliable vehicles I have met people who had a Toyota lemon. I had a Subaru lemon that I had bought used, but I still loved that Outback.

I have been very lucky with my Rivian so far, but it could change tomorrow. At least I don't have to stop at gas stations anymore unless I want to clean my windshield or use their air compressor!

mikehmb

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
eGolf, i3, R1T
I went through 3 sets of lifters, 2 sets of cams, and a bunch of injectors under warranty on my E46 BMW before - after warranty expired - figuring out that it was a bad VANOS (which was typical on those ZHP cars). I drove it another 100k miles before finally selling it with over 160k on the clock.

All I’m saying is that sometimes you just get some crap luck. I’m thrilled that my Rivian does everything that I ever wanted, and more, and has been totally reliable in the (admittedly short) time I’ve had it and 14k miles.

underkuver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
too many toys
It can happen with any brand. Even though Toyota makes super reliable vehicles I have met people who had a Toyota lemon. I had a Subaru lemon that I had bought used, but I still loved that Outback.

I have been very lucky with my Rivian so far, but it could change tomorrow. At least I don't have to stop at gas stations anymore unless I want to clean my windshield or use their air compressor!
Agree on washing windows but I use the Rivian's air compressor!

Still have a number of ICE vehicles in the stable here and hate the thoughts of mechanical issues and big maintenance checkups :(

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Agree on washing windows but I use the Rivian's air compressor!

Still have a number of ICE vehicles in the stable here and hate the thoughts of mechanical issues and big maintenance checkups :(
I have used the onboard compressor a couple times, but in the time it takes me to fit it back in the bag I can usually stop, top off all 4 tires and be on my way again if I use the one at the gas station. Plus, my blood pressure stays out of the "heart explosion" zone it reaches when trying to repackage that Rivian hose :CWL: I love having it as an option though.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Oldsmobile_Mike

Oldsmobile_Mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FG/FE R1T recv'd 3/31/2023
Occupation
I build stuff
Clubs

Plus, my blood pressure stays out of the "heart explosion" zone it reaches when trying to repackage that Rivian hose
Best solution I heard was to just throw it away and buy a new hose from the gear shop. 😉

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

I have used the onboard compressor a couple times, but in the time it takes me to fit it back in the bag I can usually stop, top off all 4 tires and be on my way again if I use the one at the gas station. Plus, my blood pressure stays out of the "heart explosion" zone it reaches when trying to repackage that Rivian hose :CWL: I love having it as an option though.
Stick the open bag back into the cubby. Coil the hose up while it's in there and zip it closed. you're welcome.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

I know our Rivian's have their own unique set problems and challenges that come with ownership.

But I'm still in a whole bunch of Chevy truck forums, and just wanted to say I don't miss this at all. 😂🤣
It does make me wonder what the highest mileage R1 is. I most likely will have already swapped my R1T for another before any of my warranties expire.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Fwiw, ElectraFi has this guy on top of the leaderboard:

1709672874664.png

I don't envy him his commute, LOL.
I'm at 26.5k. Driving/riding other vehicles has probably saved me 8-9k miles on my R1T.

Sponsored

Going360

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt EV, Expedition Max, Wrangler JK
Clubs

Probably the thing I like most about EVs in general! Fewer moving parts is just better as far as reliability goes. After having rebuilt several ICE motors and two transmissions and then watching a teardown of the Rivian quad and dual motors confirms it.

Mark_AZR1T

Site Sponsor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jackpucks.com
Vehicles
R1T Launch, R1S Canyon Red
Clubs

....Plus, my blood pressure stays out of the "heart explosion" zone it reaches when trying to repackage that Rivian hose :CWL: I love having it as an option though.
I purchased another bag for that stinkin' hose...I dont know how many times, I sat there looking at it mumbling......

Rivdog

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
I purchased another bag for that stinkin' hose...I dont know how many times, I sat there looking at it mumbling......
This whole time I thought I was the only moron struggling with that dang hose. Now I know we all stand in solidarity, haha.

Spaceball1

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 R1T, 23 Kia EV6, 15 Mustang GT Vert
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer

harkco

First Name
Kevin