Reaction score
Website
adventurehightech.com
Vehicles
Mazda CX-9
Occupation
Software Guy
Clubs

Who’s gonna post the flowchart? This is not Limestone.
Sponsored

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
The only one in that video that doesn't look like El Cap is at 3:08...and even that's questionable with full sun.

Sponsored

freshpow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Title got me excited. I'm colorblind and even I can tell that it's not even close.

atR1S

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2023 R1S
Clubs

El Cap- final answer

jffkm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
model 3
Any idea if there is a similar system for roof mounted items on the R1S?

EDIT: just talked to CS. no gear guard cable for roof mounted options.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Truck
Any idea if there is a similar system for roof mounted items on the R1S?

EDIT: just talked to CS. no gear guard cable for roof mounted options.
You get R1S so you won't have to use the cable. Just put them inside.

DeafPug

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
A nice BlackVue 2-camera 4K system is just shy of $500 and will likely be the route I go. I don't particularly care about any of the other features in the Adventure package, so currently have mine configured as an Explore. The $5,500 difference between the Explore and Adventure package is pretty steep for this being the only feature I really care about. I'm not really concerned about the Gear Guard cable, but really want an always-on camera for recording while parked. I haven't heard talk of if Gear Guard in the Adventure package (or the base Explore package) will eventually include a dash cam function while driving, but all references I've seen just talk about while being parked.

Attesan997

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
A nice BlackVue 2-camera 4K system is just shy of $500 and will likely be the route I go. I don't particularly care about any of the other features in the Adventure package, so currently have mine configured as an Explore. The $5,500 difference between the Explore and Adventure package is pretty steep for this being the only feature I really care about. I'm not really concerned about the Gear Guard cable, but really want an always-on camera for recording while parked. I haven't heard talk of if Gear Guard in the Adventure package (or the base Explore package) will eventually include a dash cam function while driving, but all references I've seen just talk about while being parked.
I'm curious to see if Rivian will offer dashcam functionality. Can't imagine it being that complicated to implement with the cameras already in place. There's for sure front/rear angles but not sure of the side mounted cameras can show more than just an "at wheel view".

Forager

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Structural Engineer
Clubs

Add me to the list of people that thought the Gear Guard cable was capable of triggering an alarm when it is cut. It really would not be hard. Rivian, call me, I know how to do it -really.
Sponsored