Sponsored

sjg

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ram 1500
Delivered a few days ago and installed this morning. It took me about 2.5 hours. It would have been a little less if I had not put on one of the pattern plates in the wrong direction. Lesson learned: lay out the running boards in the correct orientation before putting on the top plate or your patterns may not be in the same direction once installed. I used the 4" hole saw method. They aren't kidding when they say you may need a breaker bar or a long socket wrench to get those bolts out initially.

Rivian R1T R1S Introducing RMaxx Running Boards & Rock Sliders for Rivian R1T / R1S from Team 1EV IMG_6667

Rivian R1T R1S Introducing RMaxx Running Boards & Rock Sliders for Rivian R1T / R1S from Team 1EV IMG_6668
Sponsored

OP
OP
EV Sportline

EV Sportline

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
evsportline.com
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, R2 res, Tesla S, 3, X, Y, Cybertruck
Occupation
Upgrading Electric Vehicles
Clubs

Delivered a few days ago and installed this morning. It took me about 2.5 hours. It would have been a little less if I had not put on one of the pattern plates in the wrong direction. Lesson learned: lay out the running boards in the correct orientation before putting on the top plate or your patterns may not be in the same direction once installed. I used the 4" hole saw method. They aren't kidding when they say you may need a breaker bar or a long socket wrench to get those bolts out initially.

IMG_6667.jpeg

IMG_6668.jpeg
Looks great! 👌🏻

OP
OP
EV Sportline

EV Sportline

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
evsportline.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Clubs

samso003

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Amazon
I can see that point. It seems like endless changes, but reality is not. I’ve answered the same questions over and over, so each time it seems like more - when I’m just answering the same thing over and over.

To clarify:

First design change - we learned differences in Rivians we had to account for. Not all Rivians are the same.

Second design change - integration of skid plate and installation “easing” tweaks.

Note, both of these first two changes happened at the same time, a while back.

Third design change:

Revisions relating to packaging (must remain shippable!). Skid plate aerodynamic and install improvements. Really innovative stuff.

The design is locked now. We are tooling and building production samples. When those are show worthy, we will post. Trust me we are moving fast as possible. This is not a quick and easy process. Design, function, quality are unmatched.

thx
I think we need more transparency, though. From what I've seen, EV sportline expected ship dates rarely materialize as communicated. I would start under-promising and over-delivering, to earn trust with your customers. Until then, it feels like a strategy- mislead people into thinking they'll receive their products as communicated, get pre-orders for potentially competitive products etc. In reality, the products aren't even through the development phase. You can't expect everyone to be patient when the ship windows are 3-4 months off. Do better.

My $.02

Sponsored

windblowlc

First Name
Loc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911 Turbo S, Porsche Cayenne Turbo Coupe
Occupation
Retired
I think we need more transparency, though. From what I've seen, EV sportline expected ship dates rarely materialize as communicated. I would start under-promising and over-delivering, to earn trust with your customers. Until then, it feels like a strategy- mislead people into thinking they'll receive their products as communicated, get pre-orders for potentially competitive products etc. In reality, the products aren't even through the development phase. You can't expect everyone to be patient when the ship windows are 3-4 months off. Do better.

My $.02
For a product pre-order and in development, there are pluses and minuses. The pluses are usually a nice discount, free shipping, etc...(with my pre-order, I probably saved about $400 for the RBs) The minuses are changing specs during development (although not really a minus), slipping dates, and so on...

Most of us are in the same boat, been waiting 3-4 months since the pre-order. I think we all need to be patient just a bit longer to receive ours. The RBs are currently in production. They are solid and very much in demand, at the best prices you can find. Just may be these are the reasons why everybody's waiting for so long. I've been saying the waiting is like forever... but that's reflective of the anticipation of a much needed product.

samso003

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Amazon
For a product pre-order and in development, there are pluses and minuses. The pluses are usually a nice discount, free shipping, etc...(with my pre-order, I probably saved about $400 for the RBs) The minuses are changing specs during development (although not really a minus), slipping dates, and so on...

Most of us are in the same boat, been waiting 3-4 months since the pre-order. I think we all need to be patient just a bit longer to receive ours. The RBs are currently in production. They are solid and very much in demand, at the best prices you can find. Just may be these are the reasons why everybody's waiting for so long. I've been saying the waiting is like forever... but that's reflective of the anticipation of a much needed product.
They can do better.

windblowlc

First Name
Loc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911 Turbo S, Porsche Cayenne Turbo Coupe
Occupation
Retired
They can do better.
FWIW, these are not the only products they're working on. Hopefully when supply and demand clear up, every order will get a clearer shipping window.

Kodakbyd

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Self employed
FWIW, these are not the only products they're working on. Hopefully when supply and demand clear up, every order will get a clearer shipping window.
The American consumer has been spoiled by amazon and Costco. Everyone expects their order to be shipped with prime 2 day shipping. I’ve got customers wanting to return their order 3 years later. As the customer you control who you choose to give your business to, if you don’t like their product or how they conduct business go somewhere else but please stop it with all the complaining and whining. There’s a reason you received a discount for preordering but through my experience the people you give the best price to are the biggest pain in the ass and expect the most.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
EV Sportline

EV Sportline

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
evsportline.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Clubs

My $.02
Samso003, we've actually hit our ship promise on most other products - It is very important to offer pre-orders so customers don't accidentally buy (or pre-order) something else and be very disappointed they didn't wait a couple months for a much better product at a better price. So while is frustrates people on the timing and delay, we are confident it's better than being highly disappointed with not 'knowing' something amazing was launching later. Didn't we all wait a few years and countless delays for the Rivian itself ha ha!!! Anyway, we tried our best on the timing forecasts here, it's not an easy thing to predict changes, delays, mistakes - whatever; none of it was planned as such. We work to make every customer 100% happy - and rushing a product in the name of time is not in our nature. I get it some people won't care and may not agree, which we respect - and for them we offer a 100% refund and cancellation option.

OP
OP
EV Sportline

EV Sportline

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
evsportline.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Clubs

Correct and thanks for noting - trust me we are pushing and working fast and hard, on many things!

OP
OP
EV Sportline

EV Sportline

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
evsportline.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Clubs

My $.02
1 - Hind site is really easy, yes we should under promise better, get the team moving faster, avoid mistakes, etc. Doing better is always a goal!!!!! But thanks for the tip!
2 - None of the claims about 'strategically' misleading are true. We have the broadest offering of Rivian specific products and our other products are good testament to who we are and what we do, with market leading products and quality.
3 - Samso003 I am not sure if you have an order? If so I sincerely appreciate your patience and we will continue to strive to make you happy! But I am happy to offer 100% refund if you prefer.

hardrock197

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Compass, R1T Launch Edition
Occupation
Director, Technology
I'll first say this - We can ALL do better, and we are ALL in this together, and we all appreciate you providing all the different products for the community, I have ordered a few of the other items myself.

@EV Sportline are you saying you don't know your own production rate? The whole issue is the lack of any type of delivery timeline from EV. I have repeatedly reached out directly and asked for an update on my order. Each time I get later this month. The first week in March, the answer was your order is in the next batch to go out. I ordered back on Nov. 22nd or 23rd.

The parameters should be known at this stage, and you should be able to do the math. You should know your production rate, and you should know the number of orders. All we are asking for is a reasonable estimated ship date based on those parameters so that we can make a decision on whether we want to wait or go a different direction.

kylealden

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Tesla Model Y, Zero DSR/X, '69 CJ5
Occupation
Product Management
Man, customers, amirite? 😅
Sponsored