First Name
EveryAmp
Threads
Reaction score
Website
everyamp.com
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Tesla Model 3, & Model Y
For those of us in front license plate required states, the factory front license plate mount requires drilling holes directly in the front bumper of the R1T & R1S. 😱 SnapPlate removable front license plate mounts install and completely remove in seconds without the need to drill holes in your bumper.

Gen2 adds plate mount height adjustability in response to Rivian's widened front camera update. Now you can choose your plate height that suites your preferences. Additionally we have added the ability to adjust the rear latch tightness to fit each vehicle perfectly. We found early on that the grille depth from vehicle to vehicle was not always consistent and a SnapPlate would fit on one but not the other. We found a sweet spot with Gen1 that covered a majority of owners but Gen2 covers everyone.

As we launch SnapPlate Gen 2 for Rivian R1T & R1S, we are sticking with our commitment to repairable and upgradable products. So, we are providing a path for existing owners to upgrade their SnapPlate Gen1 to Gen2 for $40.

SnapPlate Gen2 (2022-2023 R1T & R1S)
  • Clean, minimal design blends perfectly with the Rivian front end
  • Installs and completely removes in seconds (see instruction guide)
  • Adjustable-height plate mount to reduce visibility on camera
  • Adjustable rotating latches to fine tune the fit on the grille
  • Breakaway features reduce risk of grille damage from minor accidents and car washes (remove for touch washes!)
  • Repairable and upgradable with low-cost replacement parts
  • Fits 2022-2023 Rivian R1T and R1S only (see our shop for other vehicles)
  • Fits US, Canada, and Mexico license plates only (see Custom SnapPlates for other countries)
  • 3D-printed with Made-in-USA recycled PETG plastic
SnapPlate blends seamlessly with the front end of your vehicle and leaves nothing behind when removed.
  • No screws, drills, or adhesive
  • Installs & removes in seconds
  • Includes optional anti-theft security screw
Rivian R1T R1S No-Drill, No-Adhesives, Front License Plate Mounts - SnapPlate for Rivian R1T & R1S - Gen 2 Height and Grille Depth Adjustable 3

Patented breakaway features designed to not damage vehicle in parking accidents and touch car washes.
  • Rotating latches with multiple contact points distribute stress on the grille
  • Low-cost replacement parts available for everything
Rivian R1T R1S No-Drill, No-Adhesives, Front License Plate Mounts - SnapPlate for Rivian R1T & R1S - Gen 2 Height and Grille Depth Adjustable 4

SnapPlates are 3D Printed with Made in USA Recycled PETG Plastic with Strategically-Placed Stainless Steel Fasteners.
  • Better grille safety compared to metal
  • Minimal waste compared to CNC routing
  • Less plastic use compared to injection molding
Rivian R1T R1S No-Drill, No-Adhesives, Front License Plate Mounts - SnapPlate for Rivian R1T & R1S - Gen 2 Height and Grille Depth Adjustable 5

The Gen 2 Rivian SnapPlate is now height adjustable to give you a better camera and 360 view than the factory plate.

Rivian R1T R1S No-Drill, No-Adhesives, Front License Plate Mounts - SnapPlate for Rivian R1T & R1S - Gen 2 Height and Grille Depth Adjustable 6
Rivian R1T R1S No-Drill, No-Adhesives, Front License Plate Mounts - SnapPlate for Rivian R1T & R1S - Gen 2 Height and Grille Depth Adjustable 7

Rivian R1T R1S No-Drill, No-Adhesives, Front License Plate Mounts - SnapPlate for Rivian R1T & R1S - Gen 2 Height and Grille Depth Adjustable 1

SnapPlates are designed, printed, and assembled in California by Rivian owners and fans. We strive to reduce our environmental impact by using recycled plastics that are Made in the USA and by using Prusa 3D printers to make strong parts with internal structures that optimize our use of plastics.

How SnapPlate Works - Instruction Guide
Sponsored

Oldsmobile_Mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FG/FE R1T recv'd 3/31/2023
Occupation
I build stuff
Clubs

Nice! Do you have a link to order the upgrade? How does that work? Do we have to send back the original?

I bought one a month ago and haven't even put it on yet - my license plates haven't even arrived yet, LOL. 😆

OP
OP
EveryAmp

EveryAmp

Site Sponsor
First Name
EveryAmp
Threads
Reaction score
Website
everyamp.com
Vehicles
Nice! Do you have a link to order the upgrade? How does that work? Do we have to send back the original?

I bought one a month ago and haven't even put it on yet - my license plates haven't even arrived yet, LOL. 😆
There's a $5 add-on option on the Gen2 product page that has us include a prepaid return label with your Gen2 order so you can just drop the Gen1 into the same box and send it back to us for a partial refund.

jeeden

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, 2016 Ford Escape, 2015 Ford Mustang GT
Occupation
Project Manager
Clubs

Product looks great! But, the $120 price seems a bit too high.
Yup, seems cool, 3d.printing isn't cheap, but just too pricey for me.

Sponsored

OP
OP
EveryAmp

EveryAmp

Site Sponsor
First Name
EveryAmp
Threads
Reaction score
Website
everyamp.com
Vehicles
Product looks great! But, the $120 price seems a bit too high.
We'd love to be able to make it happen for less, but we're holding on to making things here in the US (in CA no less) as long as we possibly can. Unlike some of our competitors, we have managed to not raise our prices over the last several years while shipping and material costs went up 2-3x on us, so we're doing what we can to fight that inflation!

NineElectrics

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Can this seamlessly replace the service center installed front plate holder? That is, will the old holes be visible?

NineElectrics

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
What is the effect of this plate on efficiency, especially when mounted low?

Blackhatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Self
I have the first gen, great product. The fact that they are offering a substantial credit toward the Gen 2 is awesome. I think the concern of visual obstruction with the Gen 1 is massively overblown to be frank, but the Gen 2 addresses some of the squeaky voices out there on this front.

Sponsored

jkennebeck

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T Adventure
Clubs

There's a $5 add-on option on the Gen2 product page that has us include a prepaid return label with your Gen2 order so you can just drop the Gen1 into the same box and send it back to us for a partial refund.
I bought mine but got it through electruck. Will I still be able to utilize the add on option to upgrade? Haven't installed Gen1 yet, still in the box

OP
OP
EveryAmp

EveryAmp

Site Sponsor
First Name
EveryAmp
Threads
Reaction score
Website
everyamp.com
Vehicles
Can this seamlessly replace the service center installed front plate holder? That is, will the old holes be visible?
I'm not 100% following you here, but when it's installed, the SnapPlate will cover the area where the holes are drilled, but if it's removed the holes will be exposed.

What is the effect of this plate on efficiency, especially when mounted low?
There's definitely an effect, but it's well beyond our capability to measure.

OP
OP
EveryAmp

EveryAmp

Site Sponsor
First Name
EveryAmp
Threads
Reaction score
Website
everyamp.com
Vehicles
I bought mine but got it through electruck. Will I still be able to utilize the add on option to upgrade? Haven't installed Gen1 yet, still in the box
We apply the refund to the Gen2 order, so it works for Electruck, Amazon, or any other reseller.

OP
OP
EveryAmp

EveryAmp

Site Sponsor
First Name
EveryAmp
Threads
Reaction score
Website
everyamp.com
Vehicles