Website
evsportline.com
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, R2 res, Tesla S, 3, X, Y, Cybertruck
Occupation
Upgrading Electric Vehicles
Clubs

Okay gang, guess what...we have:
  • R1T Rock Sliders Triple Square Tread - In Stock!

If you've been waiting, now is a great time to get them!

Rivian R1T R1S Introducing RMaxx Running Boards & Rock Sliders for Rivian R1T / R1S from Team 1EV IMG_7270.JPG
Sponsored

OP
OP
EV Sportline

EV Sportline

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
evsportline.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Clubs

OP
OP
EV Sportline

EV Sportline

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
evsportline.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Clubs

Tony R1S

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pacifica Hybrid, R1S QM 21
For those curious about efficiency impact.. I did a quick non-scientific test. I average about 40-50 miles/day commute with 70% hwy/30% local, using AP in auto height (21 w/o aero covers). I logged about 600 miles at 2.45 mi/kwH without the running boards, then installed the boards (without any of the plastic undercovers) and now getting around 2.31mi/kwH at 400miles so about 5-6% loss. Once I hit 600 miles, will install the plastic undercovers, reset the trip meter and re-check.
Quick update on this. I noted around 2.34 mpK at around 600mi, so roughly 5% loss of mileage. I haven't installed the under covers yet and and at past 1.1K miles now and efficency continues to climb (with weather I assume) and I"m at 2.39 mpK now.
  • Stock: 2.45mpk @ 600mi, avg T=~45-65C
  • Boards installed: 2.34mpk @ 600mi, avg T=~45-65C
I"ll reset the trip meter and log another 600mi with and without the undercover once temps stabilize.
  • Boards installed: XXX mpk . , avg T=~50-75C
  • Boards installed w/ undercover: XXX mpk
Overall, at least for me, the 5% loss is worth it given the value and benefit of having the boards. No issues for getting in and out even in the AP 'high' mode setting :)

Sponsored

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

@EV Sportline

i received a replacement set of running boards for the ones i had that rusted. is there anything different about the replacement from the previous one i had ordered in April 2023? i ask because if there's the same potential for rust i may treat it with a spray-on bedliner but wanted to check if you guys treated it to prevent rust. if not, if you have any recommendations aside from a bedliner spray that would be appreciated.

Eric552

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X, Rivian R1T
@EV Sportline

i received a replacement set of running boards for the ones i had that rusted. is there anything different about the replacement from the previous one i had ordered in April 2023? i ask because if there's the same potential for rust i may treat it with a spray-on bedliner but wanted to check if you guys treated it to prevent rust. if not, if you have any recommendations aside from a bedliner spray that would be appreciated.
This question seems to have been avoided multiple times in multiple threads, seems to provide the answer.

OP
OP
EV Sportline

EV Sportline

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
evsportline.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Clubs

This question seems to have been avoided multiple times in multiple threads, seems to provide the answer.
Sorry gang, this was not avoided at all - I was confused with the ask. We have updated the 'design' over time, more than once, relating to the physical shape / design of the part and to address changes Rivian has made. Thought this was the question.

As for the few rust issues we replaced, yes the replacement parts are prepped, primed and powdered coated to spec! If you had one that rusted, it was related to the part not being properly coated (our mistake, apologies - we had a few slip through with new people in production who didn't properly apply the coating).

We have stayed 100% true to our word as promised, replaced any part that had issue, and our warranty is rock solid!!! We have never denied a warranty, and even replaced a part for someone who bought the running boards 'second hand' -

I can't promise perfection, but I can promise we stand behind our products!

Best regards

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

Sorry gang, this was not avoided at all - I was confused with the ask. We have updated the 'design' over time, more than once, relating to the physical shape / design of the part and to address changes Rivian has made. Thought this was the question.

As for the few rust issues we replaced, yes the replacement parts are prepped, primed and powdered coated to spec! If you had one that rusted, it was related to the part not being properly coated (our mistake, apologies - we had a few slip through with new people in production who didn't properly apply the coating).

We have stayed 100% true to our word as promised, replaced any part that had issue, and our warranty is rock solid!!! We have never denied a warranty, and even replaced a part for someone who bought the running boards 'second hand' -

I can't promise perfection, but I can promise we stand behind our products!

Best regards
awesome, thanks for the follow up. appreciate you guys standing behind what you make and sell. can't recommend you enough to my family and friends.

OP
OP
EV Sportline

EV Sportline

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
evsportline.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Clubs

awesome, thanks for the follow up. appreciate you guys standing behind what you make and sell. can't recommend you enough to my family and friends.
Much appreciated! Also, we've hired 3 more customer service / tech support teamates so now we're working to get more quick response! Thanks again Rivian Nation - we have a few VERY EXCITING new products about to be announced too 🙏🏻

Sponsored

LLCoolK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Ordered my truck and the running boards on the same day 3/3/24.

Truck will be delivered 3/12, but let's see how long my running boards take. The website does say early March, but we all know this company delays are out of hand.
did you get shipment yet? I also ordered mine in early march. Still nothing & website said mid March for me for R1S running boards.

OP
OP
EV Sportline

EV Sportline

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
evsportline.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Clubs

did you get shipment yet? I also ordered mine in early march. Still nothing & website said mid March for me for R1S running boards.
Hey let me check on your order, pm me your name or order number! we are caught up on all rock sliders and those are in stock. R1S running boards have been shipping this week, catching up now!

Runamok

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S - Quad - Blue - 21s
Clubs

I am currently headed to the Atlanta service center to get my running boards installed on my R1S. I will try to take a few photos and put them here.

flightlevel

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
rivian
Well had my rock sliders on for only a few weeks and just noticed this today. Anything to worry about? Kinda surprised to see rust so quickly, have barely driven it.

EDIT: Cody @ EV Sportline reached out to me almost immediately and it's clear they stand behind the product. Hoping some sealant will fix this once cleaned up.

Rivian R1T R1S Introducing RMaxx Running Boards & Rock Sliders for Rivian R1T / R1S from Team 1EV IMG_2353

Rivian R1T R1S Introducing RMaxx Running Boards & Rock Sliders for Rivian R1T / R1S from Team 1EV IMG_2352

Rivian R1T R1S Introducing RMaxx Running Boards & Rock Sliders for Rivian R1T / R1S from Team 1EV IMG_2354

Rivian R1T R1S Introducing RMaxx Running Boards & Rock Sliders for Rivian R1T / R1S from Team 1EV IMG_2355

Last edited:

Foobar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model 3P, Eva Ribelle
Occupation
IT Exec
Well had my rock sliders on for only a few weeks and just noticed this today. Anything to worry about? Kinda surprised to see rust so quickly, have barely driven it.

IMG_2353.jpeg

IMG_2352.jpeg

IMG_2354.jpeg

IMG_2355.jpeg
Mines also a recent batch and had this exact same thing on the driver side after it got soaked in the rain. I wiped it off, cleaned everything out, and now waiting to see if it was just some surface rust that is cleaned off or if it’s going to keep coming back every time it rains. Not looking forward to uninstalling and replacing them if it does…
Sponsored