Sponsored

Jason C

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T Launch edition
@EV Sportline I received the replacement boards last week... thanks so much for sending those so quickly! Before I install these new ones... I wanted to ask... has anyone else experienced some type of harmonic humming with these at certain speeds? At around 28mph on smooth surfaces... I notice a high pitched humming sound coming from the boards, on both sides. I loosened the bolts connecting the top thinner traction board to the tubes... and put some thin self adhesive foam tape in some sections between the tubing and the top piece. This seemed to mute it a little, but over time, the humming came back. I'm assuming this happened as the foam tape compressed over time??? I'm wondering if I should put some rubber washers in-between the tubing and top section this time... anyone else experiencing this?
Iā€™m experiencing the same issue with my sliders. Mine happens when the vehicle is slowing down between the 25-10 mph range. I get like a humming sound. Canā€™t tell if itā€™s coming from the top boards or the lower skid board. Drives me nuts. Hopefully @EV Sportline has a suggestion.
Sponsored

phillewis

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Iā€™m experiencing the same issue with my sliders. Mine happens when the vehicle is slowing down between the 25-10 mph range. I get like a humming sound. Canā€™t tell if itā€™s coming from the top boards or the lower skid board. Drives me nuts. Hopefully @EV Sportline has a suggestion.
Ahh, sorry to hear that, but at least I'm not the only one! The foam tape that I put in between the top traction board, and the tubes really did help on the passenger side for a while... but like I mentioned above, it eventually came back. I'm actually getting the harmonic vibrations at two different speeds, which is weird. First at around 28mph... then again at around 51mph. And it's like phenomenally accurate, at exactly those speeds. I've also noticed it getting worse over the past couple of months, and I'm thinking as the tread wears down on my tires, the vibrations increase, which might be amplifying the humming? Whatever is causing it, it's super annoying. I'm thinking perhaps some thin rubber sheeting or rubber washers might help.

R1z

First Name
R1z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Glacier White Adv | R1T Forest Green Adv
Clubs

Just ordered 2nd set of R1T sliders 2/6, shipping notification 2/26. Math checks out! ;-)

The good folks at @EV Sportline certainly have solved some supply chain/fulfillment issues. Thanks for that, not always easy to scale!

Note that I was a rock slider pre-order customer for my other R1T, and they took *forever* to arrive.

- also, they are awesome.

Last edited:
OP
OP
EV Sportline

EV Sportline

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
evsportline.com
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, R2 res, Tesla S, 3, X, Y, Cybertruck
Occupation
Upgrading Electric Vehicles
Clubs

Hmmm, haven't heard anything like this yet. Can I have an engineer call you to learn more?

OP
OP
EV Sportline

EV Sportline

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
evsportline.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Clubs

Just ordered 2nd set of R1T sliders 2/6, shipping notification 2/26. Match checks out! ;-)

The good folks at @EV Sportline certainly have solved some supply chain/fulfillment issues. Thanks for that, not always easy to scale!

Note that I was a rock slider pre-order customer for my other R1T, and they took *forever* to arrive.

- also, they are awesome.
Awesome, thanks!

Sponsored

nachilus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S, Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Management
EV Sportline:

I am now having rusts build up on my steps (non rock sliders) what's the process of resolving this? See pictures attached.

Rivian R1T R1S Introducing RMaxx Running Boards & Rock Sliders for Rivian R1T / R1S from Team 1EV 20240301_120635

Rivian R1T R1S Introducing RMaxx Running Boards & Rock Sliders for Rivian R1T / R1S from Team 1EV 20240301_120631

OP
OP
EV Sportline

EV Sportline

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
evsportline.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Clubs

burghguy

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S - Adventure
Had mine installed on Friday. Yellow welting mod @jebinc! No impact to range so far. did the L and T cuts and taped with Gorilla Tape.
Rivian R1T R1S Introducing RMaxx Running Boards & Rock Sliders for Rivian R1T / R1S from Team 1EV RB1
Rivian R1T R1S Introducing RMaxx Running Boards & Rock Sliders for Rivian R1T / R1S from Team 1EV RB1
Rivian R1T R1S Introducing RMaxx Running Boards & Rock Sliders for Rivian R1T / R1S from Team 1EV RB2
Rivian R1T R1S Introducing RMaxx Running Boards & Rock Sliders for Rivian R1T / R1S from Team 1EV RB3

Tony R1S

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pacifica Hybrid, R1S QM 21
For those curious about efficiency impact.. I did a quick non-scientific test. I average about 40-50 miles/day commute with 70% hwy/30% local, using AP in auto height (21 w/o aero covers). I logged about 600 miles at 2.45 mi/kwH without the running boards, then installed the boards (without any of the plastic undercovers) and now getting around 2.31mi/kwH at 400miles so about 5-6% loss. Once I hit 600 miles, will install the plastic undercovers, reset the trip meter and re-check.

R1z

First Name
R1z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Glacier White Adv | R1T Forest Green Adv
Clubs

Just completed install. The Gen II version seems better install, appreciate the refinements. Took me ~1/2 the time of the 1st time, maybe 2.5 hours tops. New video is great, some minor out of date references in the written instructions.

Added some grey welting (much thx to this awesome community šŸ™) to bling her up! Turned out nice against the green + ocean coast.

Rivian R1T R1S Introducing RMaxx Running Boards & Rock Sliders for Rivian R1T / R1S from Team 1EV IMG_0575

Rivian R1T R1S Introducing RMaxx Running Boards & Rock Sliders for Rivian R1T / R1S from Team 1EV IMG_0574

Awesome, thanks!

Sponsored

OP
OP
EV Sportline

EV Sportline

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
evsportline.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Clubs

Just completed install. The Gen II version seems better install, appreciate the refinements. Took me ~1/2 the time of the 1st time, maybe 2.5 hours tops. New video is great, some minor out of date references in the written instructions.

Added some grey welting (much thx to this awesome community šŸ™) to bling her up! Turned out nice against the green + ocean coast.

IMG_0575.jpeg

IMG_0574.jpeg
Oooh that looks nice! Great work!

Prime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MY(P), Rivian R1T
@EV Sportline I received the replacement boards last week... thanks so much for sending those so quickly! Before I install these new ones... I wanted to ask... has anyone else experienced some type of harmonic humming with these at certain speeds? At around 28mph on smooth surfaces... I notice a high pitched humming sound coming from the boards, on both sides. I loosened the bolts connecting the top thinner traction board to the tubes... and put some thin self adhesive foam tape in some sections between the tubing and the top piece. This seemed to mute it a little, but over time, the humming came back. I'm assuming this happened as the foam tape compressed over time??? I'm wondering if I should put some rubber washers in-between the tubing and top section this time... anyone else experiencing this?
Nope, but I do feel the weight on driving / cornering. Nothing the truck can't handle but added weight is added weight. I have underbody + spare + sliders, feels quite different than a truck without any of those options.

LLCoolK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Has anyone who had rusting and received replacement running boards experienced rusting again? Looking into placing an order and I just wanted to make sure this issue was addressed before placing a >$1k order when thereā€™s a $399 alternative that doesnā€™t seem to rust (Hansshow/EVBase)

R1T311

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Camaro SS, 2020 Silverado Trail Boss
Clubs

Has anyone who had rusting and received replacement running boards experienced rusting again? Looking into placing an order and I just wanted to make sure this issue was addressed before placing a >$1k order when thereā€™s a $399 alternative that doesnā€™t seem to rust (Hansshow/EVBase)
I think time will tell but I believe them when they say it was bad powder coating on some batches. Mine lasted a winter and I got the replacements within 30 days of emailing their support and put the replacements on last week.

nachilus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S, Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Management