Sponsored

aznkukuboi

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Ordered my truck and the running boards on the same day 3/3/24.

Truck will be delivered 3/12, but let's see how long my running boards take. The website does say early March, but we all know this company delays are out of hand.
Sponsored

OP
OP
EV Sportline

EV Sportline

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
evsportline.com
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, R2 res, Tesla S, 3, X, Y, Cybertruck
Occupation
Upgrading Electric Vehicles
Clubs

I placed my order on Feb 6 but have yet to get any order update. Contacted support but havn't heard back. Could you please help @EV Sportline ?
Happy to check, the fastest way is PM me (I need one of these: your name / email / order number and i can help you out!)

gsqrd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 infiniti G37 convertible, 2010 expedition
Occupation
retired computer designer
Clubs

I have a inspect before install warning, My R1S sliders that were installed in Van Nuys in Feb, have some of the triple squares not completely punched thru. Collects mud. I thought I sent pic by PM to EVsportline but crickets. Great product otherwise wise.

Rivian R1T R1S Introducing RMaxx Running Boards & Rock Sliders for Rivian R1T / R1S from Team 1EV IMG_0873

OP
OP
EV Sportline

EV Sportline

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
evsportline.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Clubs

I have a inspect before install warning, My R1S sliders that were installed in Van Nuys in Feb, have some of the triple squares not completely punched thru. Collects mud. I thought I sent pic by PM to EVsportline but crickets. Great product otherwise wise.

IMG_0873.jpg
That is punched through just fine. It happens to line up with the bracket underneath (see how it lines up with the bolts?). Hit it with the hose, done! Cheers :)

Sponsored

gsqrd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Clubs

That is punched through just fine. It happens to line up with the bracket underneath (see how it lines up with the bolts?). Hit it with the hose, done! Cheers :)

gsqrd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Clubs

not the only one. I drilled out some metal to confirm that it isnt as you say, PS did you get my PM Sunday? They aren't punched thru just fine. In my PM i asked will drilling out cause rust. Don't want to do it.

camaroz1985

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4
Occupation
Engineer
not the only one. I drilled out some metal to confirm that it isnt as you say, PS did you get my PM Sunday? They aren't punched thru just fine. In my PM i asked will drilling out cause rust. Don't want to do it.
Look up from the underside to see where all the bracing is under the step plates.

Don't drill anything! There is no punching involved in making these, they are either cut with a water jet or laser, if you see the shape of the diamond, it is cut through the whole way, it can't be just a depression.

OP
OP
EV Sportline

EV Sportline

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
evsportline.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Clubs

Look up from the underside to see where all the bracing is under the step plates.

Don't drill anything! There is no punching involved in making these, they are either cut with a water jet or laser, if you see the shape of the diamond, it is cut through the whole way, it can't be just a depression.
Correct, and thanks for jumping in to help!

I will message you @gsqrd and we'll solve this!

gsqrd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Clubs

Sponsored

OP
OP
EV Sportline

EV Sportline

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
evsportline.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Clubs

Prime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MY(P), Rivian R1T
I had my gen2 R1T sliders delivered in December 23. Installed in January 24. Usually garage kept, but did drive through 2 California storms (3 days of rain) with no off roading. And this happened. Going to see if I can do some temporary fixing. I’d also like to know if the bad batch issue had been resolved on those who received replacements.

Rivian R1T R1S Introducing RMaxx Running Boards & Rock Sliders for Rivian R1T / R1S from Team 1EV IMG_1496

Rivian R1T R1S Introducing RMaxx Running Boards & Rock Sliders for Rivian R1T / R1S from Team 1EV IMG_1479

Last edited:
OP
OP
EV Sportline

EV Sportline

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
evsportline.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Clubs

I had my gen2 R1T sliders delivered in December 23. Installed in January 24. Usually garage kept, but did drive through 2 California storms (3 days of rain) with no off roading. And this happened. Going to see if I can do some temporary fixing. I’d also like to know if the bad batch issue had been resolved on those who received replacements.

IMG_1496.jpeg

IMG_1479.jpeg
Yes, as mentioned just reach out to us and we'll take care of you. Fastest way will be to message me or us with your name and email.

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

Has anyone who had rusting and received replacement running boards experienced rusting again? Looking into placing an order and I just wanted to make sure this issue was addressed before placing a >$1k order when there’s a $399 alternative that doesn’t seem to rust (Hansshow/EVBase)
following. my first set (ordered April 2023) rusted and i just received a new set. i'm waiting to install to hear if other folks have tried the newer ones and/or if they pre-treated it before installing.
Sponsored