First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y R1S
Occupation
Operations Analyst
My R1S running boards look like they will be arriving today. Will check back in once I go over all the bits etc.
Sponsored

Jason C

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T Launch edition
I think they do install north la area as well
They do, when…. I get mine. They are going to ship it to their location and I will have it installed there. I believe it’s in Van Nuys. I’m hoping they ship out large batches via LCL to their location. This should prevent damage during shipping.

NorthVan57

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 nissan leaf, on wait list for R1S
Occupation
dentist
Clubs

I really want to get some running boards for vehicle access for kids. (R1S) , but are there any issues to cutting the plastic base underneath the SUV? Also can't do this kind of stuff myself and don't have the time. Super busy at work and raising kids takes all my time. Any idea where these can be installed in Vancouver, BC area and should I get the running boards or the sliders? I don't have the underbody shield, so probably won't go too crazy off roading, although I might like to get into it. Will the sliders be useful when I don't have the underbody shield? thanks for any advice...........

FooF

First Name
FooF
Threads
Reaction score
Website
foof.me
Vehicles
2022 R1S Launch Green
Occupation
DJ
Clubs

Just realized my 1/4 driver was in in-lb instead of lb-ft. Got a cheap 1/2 lb one off Amazon that should work.
Suggest getting a torque wrench with a range of at least 250ft/lbs it is hard to get enough leverage when torquing the tp55 bolts, while lying under vehicle, with a wrench with range up to 150ft/lbs. I just installed DCE sliders and the torque wrench rated up to 150ft/lbs is only about 16 inches long and one rated for 250ft/lbs is about 23 inches long much easier to get to 95ft/lbs while on your back under the Rivian.

Sponsored

RedorGreenR1T

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Kia EV6
Got the email that my R1T rock slider order just got shipped. Order # low 35XX's for anyone that wants an update on where they are at in the shipping process.
I got my shipping notification for R1T sliders yesterday as well, in the 34xx range. So far mine still says the label has been created, but no tracking updates.

roscko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
As another statistic for prospective buyer's awareness, I ordered R1T sliders back in early February (order # in the early 3000's).

Customer service emails have been responsive to my email inquiries (until recently), but just like others with subsequent pings on delivery updates, it was first promised late March, then May, then August, then "top 15 in queue" in late August. After yet another no-show and another iniquiry, they said delivery in late-September.

When I still received no news after the end of September, I made another inquiry and was told on Oct. 2 that I'm "first in line" for the next batch for fulfillment and shipment "very soon."

October's half over, and I haven't heard anything more from the company since Oct. 2. Further inquiries since a week ago have received no replies.

With people who've got their sliders posting about damaged packaging and missing parts, I'm wondering if the shipment delays are because they're having to cannibalize the next batch of shipments for parts to send to those earlier customers as replacements, thus further delaying the receipt of deliveries for subsequent batches.

Regardless, we're left guessing as to when we'll actually get the product, in what state we'll get them, and whether we'll have to wait 3+ weeks for any replacement hardware for missing/damaged parts.
Looks like I'll finally be receiving my sliders tomorrow (Friday)! Hope it survive UPS' abuse in shipping.

Interesting tid bit: the shipping label looked like it was created in Atlanta to be shipped from Atlanta, but the package's actual shipping origin is from their Louisiana warehouse.

Guess they're not all being assembled, packaged, and shipped out of their Atlanta shop. Hopefully this means they've got multiple shops working to get back on schedule shipping out orders for the rest of you folks still waiting on yours.

RedorGreenR1T

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Kia EV6
Looks like I'll finally be receiving my sliders tomorrow (Friday)! Hope it survive UPS' abuse in shipping.

Interesting tid bit: the shipping label looked like it was created in Atlanta to be shipped from Atlanta, but the package's actual shipping origin is from their Louisiana warehouse.

Guess they're not all being assembled, packaged, and shipped out of their Atlanta shop. Hopefully this means they've got multiple shops working to get back on schedule shipping out orders for the rest of you folks still waiting on yours.
Are your sliders also showing as shipping in 3 separate packages? I’ve got two 72lb packages and a 96lb package coming.

Sponsored

Bart57266

First Name
Bart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1T, 2018 Tesla Model S 100D
Having a bad customer service experience with EV SportsLine. Bought the running boards for my R1T. They were in stock, but still took them over a week to ship. Okay, fine, but really, a week to ship? Then is showed up with the hardware bag ripped open. The TP55 and T20 bits were missing as well as 8 critical bolt/nut sets needed to assemble. I noticed the missing bits right away, so went to 8 automotive/hardware stores trying to buy a TP55. Special order everywhere. My son-in-law had driven 2 hours to help me install these, so that sucked. So I decided to do all the pre-assembly and just order a TP55 bit from Amazon. Did all the pre-assembly and then figured out I was short 4 bolts/nuts for skid plate and 4 bolts/nuts to attach the running boards to the brackets.

Called EV SportsLine and explained I was halfway assembled and what I was missing. They said they would send out a new hardware kit ASAP. 5 days later, I could see they still had not shipped the no-charge order. So, I called again and they said they were out of stock. Super frustrating, now I am going to try and figure out exactly what bolt/nuts I need and go buy them, but I already installed everything in partial assembly. I know it is not that difficult, but WTF?

I also bought the bottle jack from them last year and they charged me immediately on order and did not ship it for literally 9 months. I had actually forgotten about it since it was to be put in the truck for emergency.

Time for EV SportsLine to step up their game!
Almost the same experience here, with my R1T running boards!

Missing: Both Bits
Missing: 4 nut/bolt sets for attaching running boards to brackets
Missing: 4 nut/bolt sets for attaching running board top plates to tube frames
Extras: A bag of 20+ nuts and bolts not needed for these running boards.
Some bags split open, and hardware had spilled out.

Harbor Freight had the bits in a set, and I didn't want to delay installing, so I purchased it there.

Time to receive nuts & bolts, after notifying EVSportline: About a week (ground shipping CA to FL)

I got the idea maybe they sent the wrong hardware kit, given that some types were short on quantity, and the extras weren't even for this product.

Product quality is good. Very happy with the finish, the look, and their strength. Their packaging prevented damage to the finish, but the box was still slightly open upon arrival.

Jtg11

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, R1S, Mustang Mach E GT, Audi Q5,
Clubs

Almost the same experience here, with my R1T running boards!

Missing: Both Bits
Missing: 4 nut/bolt sets for attaching running boards to brackets
Missing: 4 nut/bolt sets for attaching running board top plates to tube frames
Extras: A bag of 20+ nuts and bolts not needed for these running boards.
Some bags split open, and hardware had spilled out.

Harbor Freight had the bits in a set, and I didn't want to delay installing, so I purchased it there.

Time to receive nuts & bolts, after notifying EVSportline: About a week (ground shipping CA to FL)

I got the idea maybe they sent the wrong hardware kit, given that some types were short on quantity, and the extras weren't even for this product.

Product quality is good. Very happy with the finish, the look, and their strength. Their packaging prevented damage to the finish, but the box was still slightly open upon arrival.
The above is EXACTLY what I experienced. I had not mentioned the extra bag of nuts/bolts, but I had that as well, and exactly 4 missing nut/bolts sets on each above.

BTW, it took them 10 days from notification to get me the missing items. I ended up buying the TP55 bit from Amazon.

OP
OP
EV Sportline

EV Sportline

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
evsportline.com
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, R2 res, Tesla S, 3, X, Y, Cybertruck
Occupation
Upgrading Electric Vehicles
Clubs

The above is EXACTLY what I experienced. I had not mentioned the extra bag of nuts/bolts, but I had that as well, and exactly 4 missing nut/bolts sets on each above.

BTW, it took them 10 days from notification to get me the missing items. I ended up buying the TP55 bit from Amazon.
Yep, we shipped a few with 2 of the same bags - sorry gang, was a mistake on our end while kitting them. Apologies!

roscko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Ok, I finally received my sliders. First, the good news:

Good News #1: Boxes looked like they're well-packaged and survived shipping intact. See photos below:

Rivian R1T R1S Introducing RMaxx Running Boards & Rock Sliders for Rivian R1T / R1S from Team 1EV Shipping Boxes View 1 - Compressed

Rivian R1T R1S Introducing RMaxx Running Boards & Rock Sliders for Rivian R1T / R1S from Team 1EV Shipping Boxes View 2 - Compressed

Rivian R1T R1S Introducing RMaxx Running Boards & Rock Sliders for Rivian R1T / R1S from Team 1EV Shipping Boxes View 3 - Compressed

Good News #2: Looks like I received the right packages of installation hardware WITH BOTH the TP55 and TP20 bits. See photos below. They were wrapped up really well with additional padding (not shown in photos). Note that one bag has label ID "HWKT-13632PL": this is the one with the two bits. You can see those circled in green in a photo below. The other is labeled "HWKT-13633PL".

Rivian R1T R1S Introducing RMaxx Running Boards & Rock Sliders for Rivian R1T / R1S from Team 1EV Hardware Kit - Labels. - Compressed

Rivian R1T R1S Introducing RMaxx Running Boards & Rock Sliders for Rivian R1T / R1S from Team 1EV Hardware Kit - Window Zoom In on Bits

Good News #3: After opening up all three boxes, hardware from two of the three boxes appears undamaged with nothing more than superficial scuff marks that can be wiped away with some rubbing alcohol. However, one of the two slider frames from the third box has some unacceptable damage. This leads to the bad news.

The Bad News: As you can see in the photos below, there's a dent and a gash on the outer tubing of one of the slider frames. The dent is noticeable in person. The gash isn't as noticeable, but it's clearly cut into the powder coating, likely compromising the waterproofness of the coating and might result in rust in the not-so-distant future if installed as-is.

Rivian R1T R1S Introducing RMaxx Running Boards & Rock Sliders for Rivian R1T / R1S from Team 1EV Damage Overview - Highlighted

DENT PHOTOS:
Rivian R1T R1S Introducing RMaxx Running Boards & Rock Sliders for Rivian R1T / R1S from Team 1EV Dent View 2 - Compressed

Rivian R1T R1S Introducing RMaxx Running Boards & Rock Sliders for Rivian R1T / R1S from Team 1EV Dent View 4 - Compressed

GASH PHOTOS:
Rivian R1T R1S Introducing RMaxx Running Boards & Rock Sliders for Rivian R1T / R1S from Team 1EV Gash View 2 - Compressed

Rivian R1T R1S Introducing RMaxx Running Boards & Rock Sliders for Rivian R1T / R1S from Team 1EV Gash View 3 - Compressed

I've just reached out to EV Sportline support via e-mail and sent them these photos. I'm hoping they'll expedite sending out a replacement unit given the damage to this frame. Like those before me, they might have to cannibalize one of the next shipment batch to do so 🤷‍♂️

iansriv

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
I thought there was a DIY install that showed the hole drilling. Can't find that. Also, will the below work?

Rubber Grommets
Sponsored