Sponsored

Armeniandave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Disagree with them on the service centers. Here is San Diego they have one and no plans for another. My R1T has been there for 19 days now with a minimum of 5 more if I'm lucky. If they do not address the service delays quickly then people will not buy into Rivian or buy another Rivian.
Sponsored

citizen

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Atlas, RX350h
Occupation
Product Designer
Clubs

I don't hate it but I think a better option would have been to have Gary running.
That or just his head w/ his hair blowing back. I keep thinking about the Maxwell Blown Away ad:

Rivian R1T R1S Investor Day 2024 Live! Gen 2 range figures and other findings 1719520559605-uy

DuoRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T and an R1S
Occupation
IT
Service is interesting since there are 19 centers currently planned on the currently available map. If they are getting close to 100 then that means another 20 or so planned over the next 18 months - good news

Mousetrap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

And that’s a wrap! Ton of info revealed! Please contribute anything I missed!
I'm just watching the replay now and everyone seems to have missed something HUGE: when the person gets into the car at 19:15 and it adjusts to her settings, the seat back moves at the same time as the seat bottom and the steering wheel! Right now it's a series of individual motions to get the seat to the right place - this looks way faster & more fluid. Sure hoping that update comes to gen 1!

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach-E GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta, Kia POS
Per Barrons: “Rivian generated about 86,000 per vehicle sold, while it spends about $124,000 building the cars.”
RJ and Claire have stated they expect a similar order of magnitude improvement going from gen 1 to gen 2 as they did on the revised EDV, which was ~35% reduction. If you use a 35% reduction to produce the car, you get a cost of $80,600 per vehicle. If the average transaction price is $86k, there would be profit. Lots of ifs, but we’re in the ballpark.
If your assumptions are correct, that is excellent news. However, has Rivian reported anything related to this that will help us know if assumptions are off base or not?

It is disturbing we are still guessing about this.

Sponsored

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
At one point, he showed how much more steel they switched to for different panels and parts. Thought that was interesting.
I was surprised at that actually. Must have been driven by a substantial cost savings...

R2dreamer

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2005 Honda CRV, 2014 Lexus RX450h
Occupation
Retired
Bi-directional charger will be announced soon for V2H, 24 kW for Gen 1 & 2 R1s, as well as R2!!! Said on investor day call

IMG_0067.png

IMG_0068.png

R2 & R3 sourcing and plant layout:

IMG_0075.png

IMG_0076.png

IMG_0077.png
Thank you! I am super excited about the V2H for R2 @ 24kW!

DuoRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T and an R1S
Occupation
IT
One thing I picked up from watching the video is when there was a question on the Maximus motor (around 2:18:00) and the RWD R2 will be sub 5.5 seconds. That was news to me. I had thought they would target around 6 seconds.
Sponsored