Sponsored

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
Rivian's trip planning release this month will bring users some of the top requested features from ABRP, with more customization to come via the monthly software updates.
Does that mean we have a significant feature add to the app in the pipeline? Didn't see this on the software tracker yet ... very exciting all the same!
Sponsored

SoCal Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S & VW ID.4
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

Mathme

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T: El Cap, OC, 20AT, Off road package
Occupation
High Tech
Please, oh please not YET ANOTHER CP/AirPlay thread...

I've been rather hit or mostly miss with ABRP. For example, last week I tried entering a route from Palo Alto (Bay Area) to Arcadia (LA Area), and all ABRP could do was show the route, but not suggested charging stops. At least it showed every charging stop along Hwy 5 going south, but there was that red line along the route. Strange I tell ya

shrink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S (x2); '22 R1T; '14 Jeep Cherokee
Clubs

So I'm guessing Rivian is getting ABRP premium subscription money now? I wonder if Rivian owners will get a free trial of premium or if a premium subscription will even be needed anymore.

Sponsored

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Conversely, the Rivian vehicle models in ABRP have now been updated to mature models based on input directly from the Rivian energy modeling team. The Rivian charger networks data are, of course, now available with live data in ABRP. And there is much more to come!
I noticed this earlier when I saw an ABRP app update. You can dig down and select your model, trim, and even wheel/tire combo. For the R1T/Large/20s it's showing 1.9 mi/kWh as the default for highway travel now and I assume the complete energy use model is much, much better now that Rivian contributed real-world test data. I'd also assume the charge times ought to be more relevant too. Great update ahead of the truck getting a native implementation!

Does that mean we have a significant feature add to the app in the pipeline? Didn't see this on the software tracker yet ... very exciting all the same!
If it is in there, I'd assume they just couldn't say anything quasi-publicly about it until the shareholder meeting today.

So I'm guessing Rivian is getting ABRP premium subscription money now? I wonder if Rivian owners will get a free trial of premium or if a premium subscription will even be needed anymore.
I was thinking about this earlier. Kinda hoping they throw it in for free as a privilege of being a Rivian owner. That would give us realtime traffic and weather added to routing, which would be amazing for those slogs across the desert/plains where wind makes a huge difference.

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
I noticed this earlier when I saw an ABRP app update. You can dig down and select your model, trim, and even wheel/tire combo. For the R1T/Large/20s it's showing 1.9 mi/kWh as the default for highway travel now and I assume the complete energy use model is much, much better now that Rivian contributed real-world test data. I'd also assume the charge times ought to be more relevant too. Great update ahead of the truck getting a native implementation!

If it is in there, I'd assume they just couldn't say anything quasi-publicly about it until the shareholder meeting today.

I was thinking about this earlier. Kinda hoping they throw it in for free as a privilege of being a Rivian owner. That would give us realtime traffic and weather added to routing, which would be amazing for those slogs across the desert/plains where wind makes a huge difference.
My guess is it will be part of the A-la-cart menu coming s00n.

Sponsored

Lizardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Self
Clubs

Figures that the new update crashes on my iphone now. Tried reseting and uninstalling/reinstalling the application.

Tejkalra

First Name
Tejinder
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Can CarPlay or Android auto-determine EV needs?. I ask seriously because when we had our Volvo XC40 Recharge, that wasn't an option on WAZE or Apple Maps.
That the reason i personally dont want CarPlay or android auto. These software can never communicate with what car needs. I had same issue with KIA EV6. Android auto had no idea about my range and charging needs. Had to search manually on ABRP or Plugshare to find nearest charger. So definitely i am not going to choose CarPlay or android auto on my rivian or my tesla if they become available option. If you are so interested in the apps on your phone you definitely can use Bluetooth and enjoy. And tesla already have so many apps option and rivian is adding some slowly.

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

That the reason i personally dont want CarPlay or android auto. These software can never communicate with what car needs.
That's inaccurate. Apple actually added EV routing to Apple Maps via CarPlay back in iOS 15. IIRC, the only manufacturer to properly pass the needed data into CarPlay is Ford with the MachE, but the capability is there.

240vPlug

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ElectrifiedOutdoors.com
Vehicles
23 R1T (Limestone), 23 R1S (El Cap)
Clubs

This is great news for Rivian. ABRP has really been the gold standard for EV trip planning for a number of years now. This was a very smart and strategic move by Rivian.
Sponsored