Sponsored

Jalopnik - Ford Dealers Don’t Have To Spend Millions To Sell EVs Anymore - Current Ford EV program dealers pissed

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
Jalopnik

Well done, Ford.

"Ford was pretty selective when it came to letting dealers sell the F-150 Lightning and Mustang Mach-e. Under it’s Model e program, Ford required hundreds of thousands — sometimes millions of dollars — in dealer investment in things like dealer tech training and chargers before the automaker would let dealers sell its EVs. Hundreds of dealers dropped out of the plan, refusing to invest, while thousands of others got on board.

Now, effective July 1, Ford has announced that all its dealers can sell EVs, regardless of whether or not they joined the Model e program. Chief operating officer for Ford’s Model e Marin Gjaja said this makes EVs more accessible for dealers and customers.
The dealers that did invest in the Model e program however are understandably pissed. These dealers told Reuters that they’ve been having trouble selling the brand’s EVs. Some dealers sales have slowed so much that they’re actually refusing shipments of Mach-Es and Lightnings from Ford."
Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Clubs

Ford can't seem to get out of it's own way with their EV "strategy". They screw over the dealers who want to sell their EVs and the rest refuse to try. What a mess.

EVTrukHog

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, Explorer, Corvette C6
I still get my ICE Ford models serviced at the local Ford dealership, and am always surprised how their service and sales people bad mouth the Ford EV models when I ask about them.

Noplacelikeloam

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Creative management
Clubs

I still get my ICE Ford models serviced at the local Ford dealership, and am always surprised how their service and sales people bad mouth the Ford EV models when I ask about them.
People just dont like new things things they dont understand. Simple.

docwhiz

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S LR (2022), Land Rover Discovery 2
Occupation
Retired
So now you'll have a bunch of untrained incompetent dealers selling your cars.

bd5400

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, SL500
Clubs

One of the local dealers in my city is already suing Ford over the change.
Sponsored