Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X, Tesla Model 3, Vespa 300, R1T
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

PTC has passed its field tests and Rivian will reach out to people with open tickets starting next week on a rolling basis and service appts will start by the end of the month. Woo hoo!!

Rivian R1T R1S Just got the "Powered Tonneau Fix is Ready" email! Replacement installation appointments start next month (Nov)! Screenshot 2023-10-13 at 3.30.48 PM
Sponsored

Stevetom84

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Luckily mine still works. Should I go ahead and try to get on the list? I’m assuming they’ll want to replace existing PTCs (working and non-working).

sub

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Tesla Model 3
Luckily mine still works. Should I go ahead and try to get on the list? I’m assuming they’ll want to replace existing PTCs (working and non-working).
I sure hope that they put anyone with a functional cover at the very bottom of the list.

Last edited:

Stevetom84

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
I sure hope that they put anyone with a functional cover is put at the very bottom of the list.
I completely agree, but knowing there is a no more robust design (hopefully) I’ll be looking to get mine replaced when the time is right.

Sponsored

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
Why? Even if this fix works they are still going to warranty your cover for the remainder of the warranty period. If it is working great just use it. If it breaks they can fix it then.

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Jeep Wrangler 2DR, 2022 R1T
Occupation
Utilities
Clubs

I completely agree, but knowing there is a no more robust design (hopefully) I’ll be looking to get mine replaced when the time is right.
I'd rather wait and have the new design vetted and tested by multiple users over time. Especially if its currently working.

Marchin_MTB

First Name
Marcin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 i3, 2011 Honda CRV.
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer turned Space Physicist
Clubs

Did they imply that an active open ticket was necessary? The ticket for my disabled PTC was closed a year ago.

TAZ

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE
Hopefully its replaced in the order of delivery and issue reported. Mine happens to be the same day June 14, 2022. They're going to love to see what state it's in now! Ripped it off the truck!

Sponsored

Stevetom84

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
I'd rather wait and have the new design vetted and tested by multiple users over time. Especially if its currently working.
I completely agree and I’m good with waiting. My PTC still works and I use it when I need to. I would be lying if I said I didn’t hold my breath every time I have to ope or close it.

I sure hope they got it right this time though. I imagine those that have been waiting more than a year would be pretty pissed if they had issues with the replacement.

JGard18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T Adv, 2023 Volvo XC40 Recharge
Occupation
Consultant
I’m so excited. Of course, my truck just went in for service today. Something tells me they won’t quite be ready to install it while it’s there for other issues

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

I volunteer to be first. I can farggin’ break anything. It’s a talent.

Marchin_MTB

First Name
Marcin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 i3, 2011 Honda CRV.
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer turned Space Physicist
Clubs

Did not get the email… I wish there was a way for us to confirm we are in the PTC replacement queue