Sponsored

Less than stellar delivery experience at Costa Mesa

Prime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MY(P), Rivian R1T
Yes, My truck was at the service center for 8 days (the actual repair only took 90 minutes).

It came back absolutely filthy.
Mine was there 4 weeks for a 1.5 day repair where half the items werent addressed. Great use of resources. It came back dirty but I’d rather wash it myself than have them do some quick sloppy job. Costa Mesa was the worst Tesla service center. I think it’s just cursed
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP

irvineboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Here is another challenge. Isn’t there some rule that your carfax or records get noticed whenever you do body work over a certain amount? A brand new vehicle, I don’t want any issues on records.

OP
OP

irvineboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Just wanted to give an update that Rivian did the right thing. I finally took delivery of a new R1S. I sent RJ a thank you and he (or his admin) responded. Glad Rivian did the right thing for us.

Eric9610

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Tesla MY, MB E350, MB S550
Clubs

No requirement exists for reporting on new cars repaired before delivery. If you ask about the repairs done at PDI they have to disclose. I ordered a limited edition M3 and it suffered $20k worth of damage in transit. I told the dealer to order me another car. If it was minor I would have kept it. I always ask for a PDI report on any new car I purchase.
Sponsored