Longest service center appointment?

Utah R1T

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Just curious what everyone’s longest time in the service center has been? I’m at 5 weeks now and my R1T has officially been at the service center longer than I’ve even had the truck in my possession.
Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
I’m sorry to hear that. Have you talked to them about potentially buying it back or swapping for a different truck? What are they saying the problem is with it?

FWIW I am at 6941 miles and mine has not yet seen the service center since I drove it away on delivery day.

OP
OP

Utah R1T

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Motor died from a rear drive inverter failure. Took almost two weeks before they even ordered the parts to fix it. Supposedly the car is fixed now but they are just waiting for one part to complete the repair. If I don’t get my truck next week I’m filling it as a lemon.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Motor died from a rear drive inverter failure. Took almost two weeks before they even ordered the parts to fix it. Supposedly the car is fixed now but they are just waiting for one part to complete the repair. If I don’t get my truck next week I’m filling it as a lemon.
I don’t know Utah’s lemon law, but that would be understandable If you did that.

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
This is a real problem worth complaining about. This guy hasn't had his truck for over a month as Rivian has been dragging their feet repairing it.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Utah R1T

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Yeah I got a loaner after the first week but the loaner truck has issues as well. The loaner has alignment issues where I have to actively steer to the left to drive straight, randomly parks while at stop lights, and the gear tunnel doesn’t open unless I hit the button 3-4 times. All kinda minor stuff in comparison but it’s making me question the quality of their cars.

I started the thread to see other people’s opinions on the service center rather than to use this as my personal soapbox.

240vPlug

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ElectrifiedOutdoors.com
Vehicles
23 R1T (Limestone), 23 R1S (El Cap)
Clubs

Have you asked them why its taking so long to get the parts? What is their response? I would be frustrated too. Unacceptable...Rivian needs to do better!

Carmelbythesea

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T & 2020 Tesla Model Y LR & R1S on order
June 2022 got my rivian and then had a battery issue. It was a bum 12 volt and they took it for a month. This was in the early days of rivian deliveries. They got me a polestar I drove around for a month.

runwithscissors

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XC90, MDX, R1S
Yeah I got a loaner after the first week but the loaner truck has issues as well. The loaner has alignment issues where I have to actively steer to the left to drive straight, randomly parks while at stop lights, and the gear tunnel doesn’t open unless I hit the button 3-4 times. All kinda minor stuff in comparison but it’s making me question the quality of their cars.

I started the thread to see other people’s opinions on the service center rather than to use this as my personal soapbox.
Every loaner I've ever had seemed like rejects of some sort. The last one drove straight but the steering wheel was cocked to the left pretty good. Speakers rattled like crazy too but I chalked it up to being a loaner and better than dealing with Enterprise.

Sponsored

Chewy734

First Name
Ashu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW, Ford, Rivian
Clubs

My longest was 1 month twice! First time they had to replace and repaint the entire liftgate; it had a dent on delivery. Second time, the rear drive unit needed to be replaced due to ticking.

Prime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MY(P), Rivian R1T
Just curious what everyone’s longest time in the service center has been? I’m at 5 weeks now and my R1T has officially been at the service center longer than I’ve even had the truck in my possession.
I’ve had 4,5 and 6 week service center appointments. Unfortunately while it shouldn’t be normal I’ve personally experienced this multiple times and have read many posts from others on the West coast at least.

Denver service center seems like it should be the model for all other service centers. All I hear is how amazing it is and how everything gets fixed properly and in a timely manner with max wait times of 4 weeks to get in for appointments. While it’s 6 months in Orange County with half your ticket items being missed / ignored.

nc10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, EV6 GT Line
Occupation
Engineer
Just curious what everyone’s longest time in the service center has been? possession.
My longest has only been 19 days, but my truck was in 4 times the first 13 months. A/C still has a slow leak, SC literally told me they cant' troubleshoot in the winter. Took all of those 13 months to actually fix a fast charging problem, wow, I can actually take a long trip now. Truck needs aligning again, a real pain being 250 miles from SC. 3rd tier airline service levels.

Absolutely Love the truck. Love driving it. Can't see going back to an ICE vehicle ever again.... But repair costs, servce quality and availabliity, and reliablity are beyond unsustainable, will seriously limit Rivian's growth.

Hercules10

First Name
Gregory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Retired
I hope with don't go the way of Tesla. One of the reasons Hertz is getting rid of their model 3s is that they couldn't get parts to fix them. Another reason is Tesla kept dropping prices and essentially devalued Hertz's fleet.

ER1T

First Name
Er
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 Mustang GT
Occupation
IT
Just got mine back after 4 weeks in service. I was told when dropping it off, that they probably wouldn’t even start looking at it for 7-10 days. Then they had to order parts from the factory, that took multiple days. But I knew when purchasing the vehicle, there would be some issues when dealing with a new company.
Sponsored