First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model 3, R1T
Occupation
IT Manager
Mine started working this morning and now it’s offline again. Service last night said it was an LTE issue. Seems like it’s continuing.

weirdly it seems like parts of the connectivity relies on LTE working it was parked all day with access to WiFi. But it only showed online when LTE was working. Odd design choice.
Sponsored

QuickFeat

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Saab 900S Turbo Convertible, Toyota Highlander
Occupation
Retired
I’m in same boat. Cannot do vehicle restart. I was not plugged in any time.

I requested service visit in app. App said there are no available appointments at Bellevue WA, said Rivian will call me to schedule.

IMG_2931.png
Thanks again. Looks like we are both in the same boat.

Cascadian

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, Outback
Clubs

Thanks again. Looks like we are both in the same boat.
Any joy for you Quickfeat?

I have now hit 1 week anniversary with no help from Rivian (no call backs that they promised)

QuickFeat

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Any joy for you Quickfeat?

I have now hit 1 week anniversary with no help from Rivian (no call backs that they promised)
A tech called me AM Weds. We connected pm. We set my phone on hotspot to see if networks showed up . Did not. Texted me later to set up a "game plan" to drive Rivian to an AT&T LTE tower to see if they can get "logs" from truck.
If no connection, module may need to be replaced. I have not heard back from tech yet to set up game plan. But will share when done.

Calexander9

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Anyone have an update on this thread? My internet has been out since last saturday when I picked the truck up. I have a service appointment for April 8th but I'm hoping I can make them come to me to fix it.

Sponsored

QuickFeat

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Anyone have an update on this thread? My internet has been out since last saturday when I picked the truck up. I have a service appointment for April 8th but I'm hoping I can make them come to me to fix it.
Tech thinking TCM as not able to connect thru hotspots. Will be in touch with tech on Mon.

Cascadian

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, Outback
Clubs

It’s interesting that there are a few of us that have been severely impacted by this outage and it may have resulted in hardware failure.

Rivian tried to contact me today, but I am in Canada without my R1S. I will call them back Monday.

Cascadian

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, Outback
Clubs

Their call back was not until Saturday while I was unavailable. I called them today and finally convinced them that service was needed. They admitted it could be TCM.

Nearest SC in Bellevue, Wa was 2 months wait but they have me in at Auburn next week.

rivianguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
This AM when I got in my truck, I noticed all connectivity was down. Alexa, Spotify, and tune in all aren’t working. I did a soft reset when I got to work but that didn’t fix it. Anybody encounter something similar?
I had this happen and the soft reset, hard reset didn't fix it. Only way I was able to get it to work was to manually connect it to my mobile phone hotspot (had to explicitly specify the hotspot name) and then for whatever reason that allow it to 'shake out the cobwebs' and brought it back to life next time I used the car (not connected to hotspot)

Sponsored

QuickFeat

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Thanks for update. Have a CS appt. PDX , May 21st for TCM replacement.

akc5247

First Name
AKC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Subaru Ascent Touring, 2024 R1S dual motor
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

I just dropped mine off today at Brooklyn for the same issue. Have been told at least two weeks for all service calls. They have told me to expect a call on Monday on updates with more specific timelines based on their findings.
Sponsored