Lost all internet

RalphB

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi eTron, Lexus RX450h
I believe it's "fixed". I had the problem all day Friday 3/22. I first noticed that I couldn't see the satellite view on the navigation screen. The I found I couldn't navigate to a destination, then found I couldn't use the phone app to check the car. I spoke at length to "support" and was told it was a system wide problem. All the time as I was driving my ATT phone was always fine, but the car went in and out of showing signal strength as I drove along. Starting last night everything seems back online for me.
The good news out of all of this was that I still could lock and unlock the truck from my phone app, and drive it just fine. I believe that last year Tesla had a system outage and people were locked out of their cars even!
My only complaint is that Rivian gets an "F" for lack of communication about the problem. How about a notification via email or the app when the problem is known and when it's fixed??
Sponsored

SDRivianR1T

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1994 Toyota Landcruiser/ 2019 BMWX5
Occupation
Retired
Happened to me yesterday here in San Diego. It seem to be working again at around 6pm. Anyone else notice that the radio station signals are also weak after the new update?

Gully

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTI, R1T
Came back late last night, but gone again this morning. (Sac, CA)

Johnbuckley100

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Retired
Update from Jackson, WY. I finally got through to a very helpful service tech at Rivian. He said that the ATT outage people have been affected by has been fixed. He told me to try a soft reset, and if that didn’t work, a hard reset. Just did a soft reset and everything is back online.

advice for anyone else affected by this: it won’t fix itself (having your R1T/S connect to the app.) A soft reset should fix it.

Phew… My wife and I are heading out on a a 3-week trip on Monday.

Sponsored

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
I believe it's "fixed". I had the problem all day Friday 3/22. I first noticed that I couldn't see the satellite view on the navigation screen. The I found I couldn't navigate to a destination, then found I couldn't use the phone app to check the car. I spoke at length to "support" and was told it was a system wide problem. All the time as I was driving my ATT phone was always fine, but the car went in and out of showing signal strength as I drove along. Starting last night everything seems back online for me.
The good news out of all of this was that I still could lock and unlock the truck from my phone app, and drive it just fine. I believe that last year Tesla had a system outage and people were locked out of their cars even!
My only complaint is that Rivian gets an "F" for lack of communication about the problem. How about a notification via email or the app when the problem is known and when it's fixed??
This is an ATT IOT network outage in regional areas of the US. How is Rivian supposed to know who, when and where is affected to send a notice to? That’s ATT’s issue, not Rivian. I sure as heck don’t want blanket emails to me on the east coast when the problem is on the west coast.

If Verizon or ATT has a cell service outage, do you expect a notification from your phone manufacturer? Do you also give that an F?

drichan

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Software
Clubs

Same thing for me. Soft reset and 2 hard resets only worked momentarily. Certainly wide spread and perhaps related to their soon to be released paid service.

Uluru60

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian RT1 and Mercedes AMG G63
Occupation
Senior Executive Financial Services
This AM when I got in my truck, I noticed all connectivity was down. Alexa, Spotify, and tune in all aren’t working. I did a soft reset when I got to work but that didn’t fix it. Anybody encounter something similar?
Spoke Rivian at 6:30 PM Friday Pacific coast and the west coast region down and no info on ETA on recovery

Gully

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTI, R1T
Update from Jackson, WY. I finally got through to a very helpful service tech at Rivian. He said that the ATT outage people have been affected by has been fixed. He told me to try a soft reset, and if that didn’t work, a hard reset. Just did a soft reset and everything is back online.

advice for anyone else affected by this: it won’t fix itself (having your R1T/S connect to the app.) A soft reset should fix it.

Phew… My wife and I are heading out on a a 3-week trip on Monday.
Hmm … mine came back all by itself last night before disappearing again this morning, so you might not always have to do a reset.

NDIrish

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Engineering Operations Manager
Clubs

Same same... Lost Tune-In Wednesday; then lost all yesterday; Spotify keeps coming back but never In Tune

Sponsored

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
Might be a good time to check for vampire drain?

Go in to settings, forget your home's WiFI and reset your trip odometers.

Chewy734

First Name
Ashu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW, Ford, Rivian
Clubs

So, this was weird. I had no connectivity yesterday while being out on the town. On my way home around 2:15pm PST, my truck’s infotainment unexpectedly rebooted itself as I was stopped at a red light.

Although I was able to drive just fine, it took a couple mins for all the screens to come back up. Lo and behold, all my connectivity issues were also gone once it finished rebooting.

Cascadian

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, Outback
Clubs

I am still without any function depending on cell connection. Rivian will not help because they have not received notification from ATT that system issues are resolved.

It is now 4 days.

Anyone else still have issues?

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
I am still without any function depending on cell connection. Rivian will not help because they have not received notification from ATT that system issues are resolved.

It is now 4 days.

Anyone else still have issues?
Mine was in and out all day Friday but came back late Friday night and has been fine since.

Some people reported over the weekend they had to restart their infotainment system to get it working again. I did not but might be worth a try doing that.

Cascadian

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, Outback
Clubs

Mine was in and out all day Friday but came back late Friday night and has been fine since.

Some people reported over the weekend they had to restart their infotainment system to get it working again. I did not but might be worth a try doing that.

I have done the software reset and unsuccessfully attempted the vehicle restart everyday without making any difference. If this outage had not have occurred I would have it booked in at SC to check out TCM by now, but Rivian won’t do that until ATT tell them outage is over.
Sponsored