Sponsored

Max Pack Update? Anyone?

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
They likely want to maintain the payload rating, with an increase in GVWR.
I hope so. The payload is already "okay, not great" so reducing it further would be problematic -- especially since many people holding out for the Max Pack are probably planning to load down their rigs for trips.
Sponsored

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

Just saw this comment from a month ago on Reddit FWIW. Who knows how accurate it is, but if it’s true, I’d be quite pleased.

7EDF0E32-CAAD-4C6E-A6FF-B7C570CBB094.jpeg
I was told this from CS last year that they were able to rework the packs configuration so the storage present on the large pack, was also there on the max pack. Sometimes CS has insights!

Nuclianba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Pacifica hybrid
Has anyone else’s max pack been locked? Mine has and I’m curious why they’d start locking max pack configs if the delivery estimate is still 2023.
Mine is locked, was done a couple months ago. Glad for it with the potential changes in the tax credit.

shrink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S (x2); '22 R1T; '14 Jeep Cherokee
Clubs

I got R1 Shop Access yesterday (7/29/2022) and also see I have a Guide from whom I haven’t heard yet for an 8/2022 (edit - meant 8/2020) preorder with Max pack and Ocean Coast.

I might switch to Large Pack if I can take delivery this Fall with Ocean Coast, but if they let me lock with Max Pack now and still qualify for the current $7500 tax credit I’m definitely doing that.

Last edited:

Atlrivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grand Cherokee, XC90
Clubs

I got R1 Shop Access yesterday (7/29/2022) and also see I have a Guide from whom I haven’t heard yet for an 8/2022 preorder with Max pack and Ocean Coast.

I might switch to Large Pack if I can take delivery this Fall with Ocean Coast, but if they let me lock with Max Pack now and still qualify for the current $7500 tax credit I’m definitely doing that.
I never heard a word from my guide after I got Shop access. Be proactive if you want to hear from them.

Sponsored

shrink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

I never heard a word from my guide after I got Shop access. Be proactive if you want to hear from them.
Appreciate that tip. Thank you! Will do.

LTD in CBTS

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X, Tesla Model 3, Vespa 300, R1T
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

Appreciate that tip. Thank you! Will do.
Same here. I got a guide and shop access. Crickets until I reached out by email. Within a day I got this note back. It almost sounds encouraging for Max Pack but all those Large Packs in the Shop are tempting indeed!!

Thank you for reaching out to me, and I appreciate your patience while waiting for your adventure vehicle. I am excited to be your Guide and be part of this process with you. I would keep an eye on the R1 Shop until you see something that matches your desired configuration. If you get selected for fulfillment before you choose something from the shop, I will contact you so I can confirm your order and start production for your vehicle. Unfortunately, we do not yet have an estimated delivery window for customers that chose Max Battery Packs. Most likely, we will get some updates on that soon. I hope this gave you a little bit of clarity. Enjoy the rest of your week!

Stay adventurous,

OP
OP
EVTrukHog

EVTrukHog

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, Explorer, Corvette C6
Same here. I got a guide and shop access. Crickets until I reached out by email. Within a day I got this note back. It almost sounds encouraging for Max Pack but all those Large Packs in the Shop are tempting indeed!!

Thank you for reaching out to me, and I appreciate your patience while waiting for your adventure vehicle. I am excited to be your Guide and be part of this process with you. I would keep an eye on the R1 Shop until you see something that matches your desired configuration. If you get selected for fulfillment before you choose something from the shop, I will contact you so I can confirm your order and start production for your vehicle. Unfortunately, we do not yet have an estimated delivery window for customers that chose Max Battery Packs. Most likely, we will get some updates on that soon. I hope this gave you a little bit of clarity. Enjoy the rest of your week!

Stay adventurous,
I applaud your optimism if you interpret that note as "encouraging" for Max Pack deliveries... hope you're right but...

LTD in CBTS

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X, Tesla Model 3, Vespa 300, R1T
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

I applaud your optimism if you interpret that note as "encouraging" for Max Pack deliveries... hope you're right but...
It was more of a "almost, kind of, hope so, not really......encouraging note

Sponsored

Jumacao

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T PDM MP CY, Tesla Model Y, Energica Eva
Occupation
Legal
I got R1 Shop Access yesterday (7/29/2022) and also see I have a Guide from whom I haven’t heard yet for an 8/2022 preorder with Max pack and Ocean Coast.

Man, that preorder date is really going to make people flip...

shrink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Nuclianba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Pacifica hybrid
What is locked? You can't reconfigure the vehicle at all?
Correct, I can no longer change things using the online configurator, and signed a PBA with the configuration and price locked. I can still change things but to do so have to contact my guide and have them do it for me.

zipzag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Correct, I can no longer change things using the online configurator, and signed a PBA with the configuration and price locked. I can still change things but to do so have to contact my guide and have them do it for me.
Sounds like they are closer to production than I anticipated. If they are not cell constrained I wonder why they are not at full production.

Nuclianba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Pacifica hybrid
Sounds like they are closer to production than I anticipated. If they are not cell constrained I wonder why they are not at full production.
Maybe? Unless somebody has inside knowledge I don't think they have revealed enough publicly to tell what the critical path item is in their supply chain right now. Semiconductors? If so, that could bode well for max pack production. Battery cells? That would be the opposite. It appears things like 20" wheels are in short supply. So who knows, we can all read the tea leafs in about 100 different ways. I'm at least more confident in the knowledge that they have locked me in, so I don't take the 'max pack will be cancelled!' folks as seriously, but I still have real doubts about my 1H2023 timeframe. For now I'm sitting tight and waiting for that 'later this summer' delivery window update that has sorta been promised. If we get to end of year with no update at all then I may give up all hope that max pack is a thing before 2024.
Sponsored