Sponsored

Chunll

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Mobile Service R1T comes with these cool warning/work lights from Soundoff Signal. Seems like every Mobile Service R1T has them and they were probably installed at the factory.

They have the option of white LEDS staying on or amber lights that strobe.

I really want to get these done to my truck, I’ve only figured out these are the SoundOff mPOWER Fascia 4 inch with the Window Shroud Kit.

Is there anyone that has possibly done something similar to this and has a DIY?

Rivian R1T R1S Mobile Service R1T are equipped with these Warning/Work Lights IMG_3020

Rivian R1T R1S Mobile Service R1T are equipped with these Warning/Work Lights IMG_3014

Sponsored

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
No but it would be nice to have if I still worked construction.

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

Pretty slick set up and the way they have it nothing looks to be drilled in. Velcro and 3m tape.

Christopher

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Tech
Clubs

Oh look, another use case for the 12v outlet under the dash that has since been removed!

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Sponsored

Beanejar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S - CY/OC
The Sound Off lights are great. I have them around my R1S for responding to trauma codes. Flashing white and red. Using the Garmin Power Switch as a controller.

The Garmin controller is under the driver side 2nd row seat. Power tap off the 12V (not the capacitor) and wires run under the plastic along the driver side sill. There’s an app to control the various switches via your phone. Very fast response. I use it to control my various sirens and horn noises. Another user pointed me towards the Garmin unit. The install he did was on an R1T for ditch lights and aux lights. The spaces that were available for him along the frunk didn’t exist in the R1S, so had to come up with a different plan. The unit has a very low standby draw, 0.3mA if I recall. As a major company, also thought to be trustworthy and hopefully Rivian and Garmin may actually collaborate someday
being adventurous and all
 There are some intriguing small company controller builds out there, but given the reason for my install, I couldn’t have something not work every time I needed it.

Sound Off was very helpful with the install
they’re a local company for me. They even took pictures for next year’s calendar. 😎 A professional installer was required, given the color pattern of the lights.

As a DIY
 hmmm
 it was quite an install with several techs from both companies cyphering a plan. I’m sure some people feel it’s DIY, but definitely was a lot of work hides all the wires for a very professional instalL. Rivian was not very helpful with planning or direction despite our multiple requests
especially after I saw the same lights on the service R1T. I just got the ‘we don’t support third party options’ and ‘may void warranty’ comments. Sound Off had some info given their installs and I believe there was an off the record conversation that helped direct my install.

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

I hope they add something so we can control from the screen someday.

OP
OP

Chunll

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
The Sound Off lights are great. I have them around my R1S for responding to trauma codes. Flashing white and red. Using the Garmin Power Switch as a controller.

The Garmin controller is under the driver side 2nd row seat. Power tap off the 12V (not the capacitor) and wires run under the plastic along the driver side sill. There’s an app to control the various switches via your phone. Very fast response. I use it to control my various sirens and horn noises. Another user pointed me towards the Garmin unit. The install he did was on an R1T for ditch lights and aux lights. The spaces that were available for him along the frunk didn’t exist in the R1S, so had to come up with a different plan. The unit has a very low standby draw, 0.3mA if I recall. As a major company, also thought to be trustworthy and hopefully Rivian and Garmin may actually collaborate someday
being adventurous and all
 There are some intriguing small company controller builds out there, but given the reason for my install, I couldn’t have something not work every time I needed it.

Sound Off was very helpful with the install
they’re a local company for me. They even took pictures for next year’s calendar. 😎 A professional installer was required, given the color pattern of the lights.

As a DIY
 hmmm
 it was quite an install with several techs from both companies cyphering a plan. I’m sure some people feel it’s DIY, but definitely was a lot of work hides all the wires for a very professional instalL. Rivian was not very helpful with planning or direction despite our multiple requests
especially after I saw the same lights on the service R1T. I just got the ‘we don’t support third party options’ and ‘may void warranty’ comments. Sound Off had some info given their installs and I believe there was an off the record conversation that helped direct my install.

That’s awesome! I knew there had to be someone else out there that had done these lights on their Rivian.
I did reach out to a couple Sound Off dealers for a quote and for 4 mpower 4” light install on my R1T and with labor and parts they’re quoting me $1,800.
I know you did a couple extra things like the lights in the grille + siren, but I was wondering how much did it cost you for everything? Or labor alone? Thanks!

Beanejar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S - CY/OC
That price for the install seems in line with my install
 I have the side markers and rear lights, too. Took about a week of work
the rear and the speaker was a challenge. Around 4k total, labor was the majority. Didn’t really have an option of shopping around due to the unique installation and need for qualified emergency services installer. We explored switches in the console, but I need to have easy access while driving to be able to alter sirens or sound horn. Seemed like an easy place to drop an out of sight switch. Sound Off did great in supporting the install.

The brightness is impressive, just doesn’t capture in daylight on phone camera. Seems like I can light up highway signs a mile away when going in at night. 
still a shocker that some people don’t see me
 the fire engine air horn sound is great to have at the ready. 😜
Sponsored