Sponsored

Grill Mounted Light Brackets for LED pods with Trigger 4Plus wireless controller

skookumracing

Site Sponsor
First Name
Skooks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, BMW i3, Volvo V90 CC
Occupation
Engineer
Brackets and mount now available at Skookum Racing Rivian R1 LED Lights Mounts

Latest update here → https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/...r-4plus-wireless-controller.21824/post-460030

Diode Dynamics SS3's mounted to the grill with custom mounts controlled with Trigger 4Plus wireless controller
Rivian R1T R1S Grill Mounted Light Brackets for LED pods with Trigger 4Plus wireless controller Front-1

Custom designed light mounts
Rivian R1T R1S Grill Mounted Light Brackets for LED pods with Trigger 4Plus wireless controller Lights-1
Rivian R1T R1S Grill Mounted Light Brackets for LED pods with Trigger 4Plus wireless controller mounts-1

Custom Trigger 4 Plus controller mount. Frunk tub mount spacer removed
Rivian R1T R1S Grill Mounted Light Brackets for LED pods with Trigger 4Plus wireless controller control-mount-1
Rivian R1T R1S Grill Mounted Light Brackets for LED pods with Trigger 4Plus wireless controller spacer

Controller power connected to passenger side 12v battery. Ground to cross member. Yellow 12v trigger / switched lead to switched 12v from frunk lights
Rivian R1T R1S Grill Mounted Light Brackets for LED pods with Trigger 4Plus wireless controller controller-1

Rivian R1T R1S Grill Mounted Light Brackets for LED pods with Trigger 4Plus wireless controller switch-1

Clips to replace broken ones... You will break some...
Rivian R1T R1S Grill Mounted Light Brackets for LED pods with Trigger 4Plus wireless controller clips

Park lights and fogs
Rivian R1T R1S Grill Mounted Light Brackets for LED pods with Trigger 4Plus wireless controller parklights

Rivian R1T R1S Grill Mounted Light Brackets for LED pods with Trigger 4Plus wireless controller fogs-2

thanks to others and @Riptonite for helpful posts and wiring and inspiration.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Smlee

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3, BMW X5, BMW 330 and Winnebago Aspect
Awesome! Where did you get mounting brackets for trigger and lights?

Leonbmx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2020 Tesla MY
Occupation
Boeing Design Engineer
Clubs

Nicely done! I especially like the 3D printed mount with, what looks like "swivel fingers" so you can install it "blind" and don't have to worry about dropping nuts and washers behind the grill.

And I am with Matt, if you decide to sell them, I am interested!

strykerwsu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy SS, Ford Bronco, Ram Rebel, Ford Flex, G8
That is exactly what I’m looking for. Would be in a buy as well.

Sponsored

OP
OP
skookumracing

skookumracing

Site Sponsor
First Name
Skooks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
@WattTruckMatt @Leonbmx @strykerwsu @Smlee

Yes, willing to sell a light mounting kit. Current light brackets are designed for Diode Dynamics SS3 3 inch pod lights. The SS3s are available in several power/brightness, color, and beam pattern options. I have the Sports with yellow diode and lens with combo beam pattern.

Cost for brackets, grill saddles/mounts and hardware would be $165 + shipping.
Hardware will be Black-Oxide 18-8 Stainless M5 pan head screws and washers with stainless steel nyloc nuts. Light brackets are 304SS powder coated black.

I feel the 3-inch square Diode Dynamics pod lights fit well from a space and esthetics perspective. And I like that Diode Dynamics is a US company manufacturing in the US(mostly..)

Would be possible to design brackets to fit other lights that would still use the plastic grill saddle/mounts but would need detailed drawing or sample light.

Mounting location is in front of the horns so it was easy to loosen the horns and slip the light wires up through the foam gasket between the horn and back of the grill.

Last edited:
OP
OP
skookumracing

skookumracing

Site Sponsor
First Name
Skooks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Nicely done! I especially like the 3D printed mount with, what looks like "swivel fingers" so you can install it "blind" and don't have to worry about dropping nuts and washers behind the grill.

And I am with Matt, if you decide to sell them, I am interested!
yep... 90 degree "swivel fingers". They work very well. Super easy to install :)

WattTruckMatt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
@WattTruckMatt @Leonbmx @strykerwsu @Smlee

Yes, willing to sell a light mounting kit. Current light brackets are designed for Diode Dynamics SS3 3 inch pod lights. The SS3s are available in several power/brightness, color, and beam pattern options. I have the Sports with yellow diode and lens with combo beam pattern.

Cost for brackets, grill saddles/mounts and hardware would be $165 shipped basic ground.
Hardware will be Black-Oxide 18-8 Stainless M5 pan head screws and washers with stainless steel nyloc nuts. Light brackets are 304SS powder coated black.

I feel the 3-inch square Diode Dynamics pod lights fit well from a space and esthetics perspective. And I like that Diode Dynamics is a US company manufacturing in the US(mostly..)

Would be possible to design brackets to fit other lights that would still use the plastic grill saddle/mounts but would need detailed drawing or sample light.

Mounting location is in front of the horns so it was easy to loosen the horns and slip the light wires up through the foam gasket between the horn and back of the grill.
That's awesome, thanks for putting this together. I'd be wanting to run some Morimoto 4 bangers In that spot, since I have a pair sitting around. Happy to send you a light so you can mock up the mount. Just DM me.

OP
OP
skookumracing

skookumracing

Site Sponsor
First Name
Skooks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Also willing to sell a mounting kit w/hardware for the Trigger 4Plus for $65 + shipping
Rivian R1T R1S Grill Mounted Light Brackets for LED pods with Trigger 4Plus wireless controller Trigger mount

Last edited:

strykerwsu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy SS, Ford Bronco, Ram Rebel, Ford Flex, G8
I'm in for all. I have a trigger plus that I bought on Black Friday a few years ago I haven't ever used so seems meant to be lol. I'll IM.

Sponsored

Polar

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
C40, LE CY R1S
Occupation
IT
Clubs

@skookum950s - these are amazing mate. Awesome work.

This would be the perfect compliment to my ditch lights.

Leonbmx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2020 Tesla MY
Occupation
Boeing Design Engineer
Clubs

@skookum950s I PM-ed you, I’d love to come check them out in person.

Iamuwere

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S
I'm in if you have a bracket to fit the Morimoto 4 Banger light.

Rivian R1T R1S Grill Mounted Light Brackets for LED pods with Trigger 4Plus wireless controller 4BangerDimensions3

Rivian R1T R1S Grill Mounted Light Brackets for LED pods with Trigger 4Plus wireless controller 4BangerDimensions2

Rivian R1T R1S Grill Mounted Light Brackets for LED pods with Trigger 4Plus wireless controller 4BangerDimensions1

OP
OP
skookumracing

skookumracing

Site Sponsor
First Name
Skooks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Updated pricing - Basic ground shipping not included. Shipping is extra. Those that paid for shipping prior to this update a refund has been sent.

Grill mount light brackets $165 + shipping
Available for Diode Dynamics SS3, Morimoto 4Banger, and Morimoto 2Banger.
Mounting brackets, grill saddles/mounts and hardware. Light brackets are 304SS powder coated black. Hardware is Black-Oxide 18-8 Stainless M5 pan head screws and washers with stainless steel nyloc nuts. Light brackets are 304SS powder coated.
Inboard mount also available.
Rivian R1T R1S Grill Mounted Light Brackets for LED pods with Trigger 4Plus wireless controller Grill-mount-Morimoto-4Banger-b
Rivian R1T R1S Grill Mounted Light Brackets for LED pods with Trigger 4Plus wireless controller Dual-A

Mounting kit w/hardware for the Trigger 4Plus wireless controller $65 + shipping.
Rivian R1T R1S Grill Mounted Light Brackets for LED pods with Trigger 4Plus wireless controller Trigger mount

Polar

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
C40, LE CY R1S
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Available for Diode Dynamics SS3, Morimoto 4Banger, and Morimoto 2Banger.
Mounting brackets, grill saddles/mounts and hardware. Light brackets are 304SS powder coated black. Hardware is Black-Oxide 18-8 Stainless M5 pan head screws and washers with stainless steel nyloc nuts. Light brackets are 304SS powder coated.
Great work!!
Sponsored